[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 83 KB, 640x641, megaman_bg_boxart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7729278 No.7729278 [Reply] [Original]

Been playing the GB Mega Man games recently, and except for MM2GB (which was a joke) I find them hard as hell. This is coming from someone who's played a lot of NES Mega Man as a kid. The smaller screen makes it harder to dodge stuff and I feel you need to be way more precise with your platforming than you ever did in the NES games. This is coming off right after a NES MM marathon so I'm not going off vague childhood memories.

>> No.7729512

>>7729278
The gameplay on the Game Boy series feels slower, probably to compensate for the smaller screen. Mega Man 1 on the Game Boy is tough as shit. I just remember the levels just being really long. MM2 is the worst in the series in my opinion, it's too easy and the earrape music sucks ass. MM3 and 4 the balance gets a bit better. I haven't played enough of MM5 GB to have an informed opinion on it though.

I would say overall, they're alright as a handheld departure from the originals, but they just don't have the same quality as the NES games they're based on.

>> No.7729524

I said the the same thing, i only have MM1
the soundtrack is as hard as the gameplay

>> No.7729548

>>7729278
All of them run terribly on real hardware, it's not just you. It does get better with 3, 4, and 5.