[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 84 KB, 600x822, FF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8464896 No.8464896[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How the fuck do you even play this game!?
You're so weak and have so little resources at the beginning of the game that you cannot bear 2 consecutive battles unless you're VERY lucky. Your only chance to survive is to rest at the inn after EVERY SINGLE MOTHERFUCKING encounter until everyone is at least level 3, and if by any chance 1 single character dies you might as well restart the entire game because you don't even have enough money to revive him!
What the actual fuck were they thinking? Is there something I'm missing?

P.S.: I'm playing the original NES

>> No.8464906

I mean, there are a lot of factors but unless you picked a really stupid party makeup or didn’t buy any equipment at all, you should be able to handle a few goblins without going back to town.

>> No.8464912

Filtered in the first minute of the game...

>> No.8464914

it's a retro jrpg before the 90s. you either put on some music or a podcast or something and grind for a little while to build levels and resources, or you accept that it's not your cup of tea and move on. if you're really wanting to play an FF game prior the snes/SFC era, i would personally recommend 3. if you're planning to dip into the 90s ones, 4 is really good too. i wouldn't recommend playing the original translation though.

>> No.8464923

Why would you play this in 2021

Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Planescape torment

Urbz Sims in the city on the GBA is a better jrpg than anything to come out of that shithole of a country

>> No.8464931

>you cannot bear 2 consecutive battles unless you're VERY lucky.
Have you tried equipping armor

>> No.8464935

Just how many white mages did you bring along, OP?

>> No.8464937

>>8464923
Nobody cares about your boring WRPGs.

>> No.8464978

>>8464896
You can rise to this challenge OP I have faith in you

>> No.8464995
File: 28 KB, 280x240, Final Fantasy Origins (USA) (Rev 1)-0068.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you're not too retarded with ressource management, the only real challenge are the Dark Wizard in the cavern of ice.

Also it's not as much a challenge as it is pure luck whether you're going to run into many of them and whether they're OHKO you or not