[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 155 KB, 479x479, Anya is juding (You).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22098360 No.22098360 [Reply] [Original]

Why do nijinogs not understand that the entire idol thingy is the whole reason Hololive managed to grow this big and this beloved?
Normalfags & retards love to shit on the idol aspect, but the truth is that without it they would have never surpassed Niji.
People like music, people like celebrities, and most of all people like stories, and the concept of an idol company already implies a type of 'story' that is being told just by virtue of the streamer saying she's an idol.
Even if the streamer herself doesn't have any kind of long term goals, the fact that they will eventually get 3D models and sing and dance on stage and potentially get fun sponsorship collabs already appeals to what most people seek when they watch entertainment, a sense of progression and the feeling of 'becoming a big deal'.
It's the vicarious experience of seeing something you've staked emotional wellbeing on succeeding and doing well, the knowledge that 'you were right to bet on this horse'. It makes people feel validated and, most importantly, makes them want to stick around for longer.

>> No.22098515
File: 394 KB, 1425x1078, 1648026857980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Leave them kids be, they're just in their rebellious phase
>look at me, i'm not like the other kids
>I'm totally cool

>> No.22099031

The fact that you think this is unique to Hololive really exposes your lack of awareness of vtubers outside of Hololive. Literally all this stuff happens in Nijisanji too. Everyone gets sponsorships, everyone gets a 3D, everyone shows up in big deal stage events, everyone releases music, lots of people even have more unique dreams that they get to see fulfilled through Nijisanji on top of that.

>> No.22099186

>>22099031
you missed the point

>> No.22099544

>>22098515
Your oshi was bad choice (Sana)
My oshi was greater choice than I expected her to be (Mumei)
Your oshi is literal dog for my oshi if she wishes it to be, your oshi is not that funny and doesn't have quirky aspects.
My oshi had literal rant stream and it was blast, there is also dark mumei which is lore friendly and not overused quirk.
My oshi fucks Kronii, has fauna as her second person to fuck, is homies with Bae, dabs on calli and is cool or on good relations with other ENs.
Final nail is how often your oshi streamed? 2 months break My nigga after debut, my oshi streams just enough and people want more.

Face it your oshi is weakest link in hololiveEN while my oshi is comfy and is going up, hell satellites more like orbiters who don't do shit, at least my community of hoomans made shit tons of memes forgor dark mumei, mumei cult and bussiness mumei.
Your only meme is big dick shota San which is meh

Anyway have a nice day

>> No.22100058

>>22099186
I don't think I did, the sense of progression through these big milestones exists in other companies too including Nijisanji. Getting to the sub milestone for 3D is a big deal and then half of them will break down crying during their 3D debut and have all their closest friends come. A lot of them dream of performing on stage too so will get all emotional at the accomplishment of getting into a live event. These are big deal major career moments for them and their fans just like in Hololive.

>> No.22101683

>>22099186
What is it

>> No.22101729

>>22098360
ogey

>> No.22101839
File: 223 KB, 595x359, Do Nijinogs really.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22099544
That's great, atleast you're happy. have a good one, Holobro

>> No.22102730
File: 2.26 MB, 281x281, pomutsk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mucho texto, didn't reado

>> No.22103329

>idol culture reasonable for multiple yas and graduations/ terminations

>> No.22103738

>>22099186
I don't think you even know what are you talking about. Everything Hololive did was already done by Nijisanji and other Vtuber company. You probably talking about Seiso-ness. Except that Hololive become big because they break the seiso culture. Nigga~, meme, Matsuri piss, and Coco vulgarity that make Holo explode. So what are trying to point?

>> No.22104135

>>22098360
Why do nignogs not understand that the entire slavery thingy is the whole reason America managed to grow this big and this powerful?
Normalfags & retards love to shit on the slavery aspect, but the truth is that without it they would have never surpassed Europe.

>> No.22107287

OP is absolutely retarded
>the whole reason Hololive managed to grow this big and this beloved
Is clips korone speaking cute english. Also migo and coco, as other anon said, ofc. They exploded, went viral, YouTube algorithm shit, badabim badabum here we are.
Niji is garbage because is lacks korone. It is that simple.

>> No.22107527

>>22099031
Where's Lazulight 3D announcement then? Myth 3D has been ready for many months now.

>> No.22107866

I think the success of hololive was mostly of luck. i'm talking about the early korone, fubuki and miko clips that went viral and from there they got normalfags attention. If hololive never went the idol route, they would still be the biggest vtuber company thanks to jewtube algorithm is from what i see.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action