[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 122 KB, 2560x731, Hololive_ENGLISH_logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
40090890 No.40090890 [Reply] [Original]

They should just buy out Phase Connect and make their roster EN 3. Everybody would be happy with this.

>> No.40090930

>>40090890
>Everybody
Wrong.

>> No.40091044

>>40090890
>Phase Connect gets watered down
>Holo EN gets stuck with annoying girls
Worst idea I've ever seen

>> No.40091129

>>40090890
>Buys Phase Connect
>Fires all chubas
Hostile company take over to get rid of potential long time competition.

>> No.40091131

>>40090890
Kawaii would work better

>> No.40091337

>>40090890
>Forced to become le seiso or else get demonetized
>The usual small banter they do would be seen as major yabs
Hell, Pippa talking to Jim last night would've violated some dumbass NDA and get her channel erased forever. Keep them away from Hololive.

>> No.40092123

God no. I love Pippa to death and I love how based she is, but despite what she says, she is too political.

Politics need to stay out of Hololive, or the American Jew media will quickly reach over and turn them all into (((progressive leftist))) mouthpieces, per usual.

Not that they're not currently trying to sneak their way in already, of course they are.

>> No.40092724

>>40091131
Problem with that is that Kawaii's girls are drop-dead boring across the board. The only ones with potential might be Nene and Oceane (and I say that as someone who cares about neither).
Deep down (you), they and the ten paypigs they share among themselves know it, too. It's a shame really, I would've loved a male-free HoloEN alternative, but these girls are not it, chief.

>> No.40093511

>Phase Connect
who

>> No.40093885

>>40090890
>Everybody
No. No one likes or watches Phase Connect. The more you shill them the more people will anti them including myself. Fuck Phase Connect. KYS.

>> No.40093887

Idol Corp's en gen is the best EN gen since myth. Every girl in it mogs council in entertainment value

>> No.40094765

I think one corpo buying another corpo will eventually happen, but I doubt they'd flatly fuse into a giant talent mass. You keep the brands distinct.

Like, when LVMH buys a fashion label, they don't dissolve the old brand and start calling that brand's products "Louis Vuitton." Both labels stay distinct and filter money up to LVMH, who in turn, provide resources.

In a hypothetical world where Cover buys Phase, the "Phase Connect" brand stays intact and distinct from Hololive. Phase talent would get access to Cover resources (3D tracking for JP talent only, poor tech support, slow perms, etc.) and in exchange Yagoo gets a cut of their paycheck and prima nocta.

>> No.40097606

>>40094765
>Phase Connect would get access to Cover resources
Nigga even HoloEN don't get access to Cover resources

>> No.40098181

Phase Connect is fucking garbage.
The main girls bar Tenma are unwatchable.

>> No.40098472

the phase girls going from competent management to cover management would lead to mass graduations

>> No.40099699

>>40090890
Alright if you could pick 5 Phase girls to be taken over by Hololive which ones would it have to be and why?
>Pippa to collab with Fauna
>Tenma for everyone
>Airi for /hag/ lovers
>Erina to mog Kronii and make her kill herself
>Remi for the chumpedos.

>> No.40104400

>>40090890
It be cheaper to hire new girls than buy out some worthless Indy company. Phase Connect will have to pay Yagoo and beg him to take them instead.

>> No.40105620

>>40093887
This, if they buy someone it would be idol corp, its as close as its gets to Hololive experience

>> No.40110654

As a whole this would be a loss-loss. But some members might do well.
Phase Connect's biggest strength is that it embraces a more scuff, edgy and unfiltered approach. They aim for a smaller often ignored market and capitalize on it.
They're basically the punk rock of vtubing and Hololive is pop. They're a big multinational corporation with aims on the wider market.

Phase Connect is very offensive, divisive and problematic. Hololive aims to be more like Disney, I'm not saying it's family friendly wholesome fun for the whole family. But comparatively speaking Hololive doesn't want to alienate any potential audience.
If you forced Phase Connect members to work under Hololive rules they wouldn't be able to say a game is shit, tell the audience to kill themselves, or talk about wanting an animatronic bear's dick or about the FBI replacing people with body doubles or get drunk and talk about sensitive personal traumas.

Phase Connect's biggest member is Pippa and she would be destroyed if she had to play by Hololive rules, she wouldn't be able to say anything about any game she plays, or make any pol jokes or act menhera on stream.
Lia's entire brand of menhera content would be ruined too.
Rie's attitude would be too toxic for Hololive, Remi's loli coombait anda parasocial GFE would be too much too.
Lumi might work well in Hololive overall but she still drops some what the fuck comments sometimes that would freak out normies, she would have to watch her tongue.
Tenma rages too much and acts too antagonistic towards her audience for the thin skin of Hololive fans.
Airi Erina and Shiina might work well in Hololive but honestly they aren't really anything special, they're good streamers but I wouldn't consider it a big W for Hololive to pach them.

Overall most of Phase Connect is mid and the few that stand out would have to be neutered to fit in Hololive so it's just a loss-loss.

idol production on the other hand, completely different story. These girls are super talented and funny, have a great dynamic together and even the slightly edgy ones don't take it too far so they wouldn't be a problem.
If the idol EN gen debuted as HoloEN 3 they would be a massive instant hit.
I'd argue as a whole they're better than Myth and Council.
Cover doesn't deserve them though, they will just numberfag again and hire some girls with big names and big accounts or big careers instead who will proceed to not stream.

>> No.40112358

Erina with actual promotion? Yes please

>> No.40112382

>>40090890
We have phase beggars now? Why? Not confident your company will make it?

>> No.40112517

>>40094765
Sony basically already did this with Prism. Same with Brave Group and VSPO. Just bought them wholesale and left them as is, with only minor integration with their other vtuber interests.

>> No.40112892

Phase Connect are not Holo material in the best way possible.
There are like 2 girls in Phase that are Holo-lite, and naturally they are 2 of the most forgettable/bland in the company.

Phase has a great mix going on right now with several talents beyond Pippa making gains. Pippa being as huge as she is is a tremendous advantage for them and puts them so far ahead of Idol. Pippa is bigger than any 4 of Idol EN talents put together.

Stay the course. Who Phase hires for Invaders/Gen3 will tell us how seriosu Phase are going forward. Are they gonna pay up and get a legit indie name as an invader who can expand the company's reach, or will they cheap out and hire a 100ccv twitchthot Pippa friend?
Phase's EN Gen1 is the heart and soul of the company, Gen2 has been underwhelming, but Gen3 they are gonna have more talented girls to pick from almost surely.

>> No.40114236

>>40112892
Phase 3 is already dead on arrival, Sakana wants to force premade models into whoever he's hiring.

>> No.40114422

>>40114236
As if genwho hasn't some mismatches already.

>> No.40114455

>>40090890
>Everybody would be happy with this.
No.

>> No.40114540

>>40090890
>Everybody
Stop being a leech, retard

>> No.40114904

>>40099699
More like Panko for chumpedos, Remi is an obnoxious copy of Miko if she was a coombaiter

>> No.40114912

>>40114236
It shouldn't be that big of a deal at this stage.
This is the 3rd hiring wave and the pool they are picking from is deeper, better and more professional than they've had available to them before.

>> No.40115025

>>40114236
gentoo had a lot of input on their models/characters, and they are mostly considered disappointing compared to gen1 and invaders.

i don't know what that means exactly, but just an observation.

>> No.40115079
File: 41 KB, 263x336, 1666352509381807.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40090890
>Pippa in Hololive

>> No.40115607

>>40115025
People just like to bitch a lot.
Gen 2 all have their own niche and are still figuring themselves out.
Having custom models is still a massive buff to them and without that they'd be even worse.
Remi for example effortlessly blends into her character because she's a genuine chuuni with an obsession with all the sort of stuff that was integrated into her design.
>>40114912
If gen 3 talents are good enough I guess they can overcome that issue but putting short term cost saving over a few premade models over long term benefit of having talents suit a model does not look well.

>> No.40115626

at the end of the day, it would be a pointless acquisition. phase connect's top 4 are pippa, tenma, lia, lumi
those 4 are useless to a hololive because they all have one thing in common: attitude.

holo doesnt want that. they want safer girls, so maybe some of phase's more boring girls like erina, panko or shiina are more their speed.

>> No.40115778

>>40110654
Jewshill or intern or whoever you are, enough about your failed jew company. They spent so much investor money and didnt get anyway. Get back and tell your ceo to learn to do more than just throwing investor money around.

>> No.40115806

>>40112517
Can they still play non Sony consoles?

>> No.40115853

>>40090890
>Phase connect
So you get Pippa and a bunch of 2view leeches top pick there retard

>> No.40115880

>>40114912
The models are rejects from Gen1 and 2.

They won't get anything as unique as Erina's custom model.

>> No.40115887

>>40114236
Gen2 had complete control over their designs and they turned out to be shit. Sometimes the talents are not supposed to have the full say.

>> No.40115918

>>40115778
If I wanted to shill the company I'd just make simple memes about it and clips instead.
Long winded posts are the worst way to spread a message to a wider audience and sell a product.

>> No.40116004
File: 280 KB, 1922x2450, 1672124786803122.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40112892
They'll hire Pippa Friends this time because one of them went to Idol Corp.

Hope you like Kirsche.

>> No.40116265

>>40115607
all I know is, typically, a 2nd generation is supposed to almost always be bigger than a 1st generation. it's supposed to build so on and so fourth.

in the time since gen2 has debuted, most of phase's gen1 has grown more than gen2
besides panko, gen2 has not really grown that much since debut. some girls like erina and airi have even lost ccv since they've debuted.

gen2 also almost exclusively are being funneled huge gen1 raids to try and boost them, but it hasn't been working that well.

>> No.40116584
File: 96 KB, 535x727, 4821421.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>40115887
Lia was a failure as a Gen1 until she got her complete redesign. Her new character fit her personality much more and it allowed her to be comfortable being herself and her content improved, she went from 50view to 200 or 400 on a good day.
Gen2 aren't reaching Pippa/Lumi/Tenma numbers but they're doing decently well.
Shiina and Airi are around 200 or 300 views regularly. Remi does around 100 to 200 regularly too. Panko does around 100 to 200.
Rie has been struggling but she's improving. Erina does well too.
All their designs fit well their characters.
Remi is a loli demon/angel chuuni and that enables all her chuuni persona to work, Panko is an easy going loli brat and her model reflects it . Those fit perfectly.
Shiina's hag thing might work better if she had a more mature model, but she claims she's flat all the time so we'd just have one of those situations where the voice actress can't relate to the model if she had been given a big booba mature model instead, so the lolibaba fits her best.
Airi actually enjoys having the big tits and isn't shy about them so it works perfectly well to have her with her design.

The point isn't that Gen2 is the best gen ever, they're not. The point is that their characters help them perform better than they would with generic characters.
It's a stat on top of the vtuber's own abilities.

Gen3 might have amazing talents but if their models don't match them and we have another Lia situation they'll be held back from a greater potential and Fishman is being an idiot for doing this, it's not off to a good start.
Meanwhile look at idol corp, they got very talented girls for their EN gen and helped them create characters that match them and they are regularly getting 300-400 views. They're getting the views Sakana wishes Gen2 had.

>>40116265
>typically, a 2nd generation is supposed to almost always be bigger
Are you sure? Because Myth is still bigger than Council.
Luxiem is still bigger than Noctyx.
If I recall correctly even on Production Kawaii their gen 1 girls are also outperforming gen 2 and gen 3.

>> No.40116913

>>40115626
>attitude
Kronii, Mori, Kiara, Ame...

>> No.40117197

>>40116584
you are being very generous with some of these girls.
>Airi
She is usually at 150-225. She started with 300ccv and has been declining.
>Remi
usually 100-150
>Shiina
Shiina has held steady since debut, but hasn't made the growth. The Phase Connect machine is behind her huge and they try so hard to make her to be a big thing. This girl was chosen to inherit the giant 7k PIppa raid, and all she got was dead subs from it she saw no meaningful ccv gains. She catches at least 3 big raids a week between Pippa/Tenma/Lumi.

at the end of the day, gen2 lack the intangibles and attitude most of gen1 have. the 1 that does (remi) is too esl and too over produced.

>> No.40117962

>>40116584
i dont trust jewCEO at all.
he has already killed half of his real gen1. when neo sparkles graduated the other day, she was pulled off the air and was demanded to end her graduation stream so her kouhai could stream some random shit.
it is a plastic blood money corpo. phase doesn't have that. phase's girls, especially their gen1, are like a brotherhood which is shocking because they are women and women are evil.

>> No.40118484

>>40117962
>when neo sparkles graduated the other day, she was pulled off the air and was demanded to end her graduation stream so her kouhai could stream some random shit.
This sounds heartless, I actually went back and checked her last stream and I can't see anyone telling her to wrap it up so I don't know what you're talking about.
I think Aviel has done good choices so far and letting the talents create their own designs is overall one of the best. There are odd cases like Neo, people always said her deeper voice didn't fit a cute loli but she was always kind of a silly autistic fox and I think her model fit her well but a lesser CEO might have forced her on some mommy model she wouldn't have enjoyed.

>> No.40118701

>>40118484
>This sounds heartless, I actually went back and checked her last stream and I can't see anyone telling her to wrap it up so I don't know what you're talking about.
you can literally hear her discord notifications blowing up for almost 10 minutes and then abruptly "I have to leave" after she said she said she wasn't leaving until she read all discord/maro messages.

figure it out. or don't. your choice.

>> No.40118822

>>40090890
should be the other way around
maybe the girls would have some competent management

>> No.40118841

>>40118701
I didn't notice the notifications going off but what you say makes sense.
Man that's pretty fucking cruel and stupid too, there wouldn't be much to gain from it just let the poor girl have her good bye on her own terms.

>> No.40118979

>>40090890
You're retarded, but that does pose an interesting question. What if two small corpos merge officially or something, like I don't know, vsj buying cyberlive? Something like that. Imagine if 774 bought vsj

>> No.40119186

>>40118979
Small corpos merging would impose one corpo's culture into the other which would actually backfire and weaken it.
Let me explain what I mean let's say Kawaii absorbed Phase Connec,t suddenly all of Pippa's politically incorrect bullshit will backfire on Kawaii so they will make her follow Kawaii culture which would destroy Pippa's content and appeal.
Meanwhile Kawaii lost its idol GFE safe corpo identity because now it has girls that don't play along with that. They were already in the process of giving everyone 3D models and having idol events.
They both ended up losing what made them unique in this process.
Let's say Kawaii is successful at integrating Phase Connect, now instead of having 3 generations they have 6. They just went through an extreme acceleration without any of the benefits of slowly releasing new gens to build hype.
This process won't really get the two companies new fans, it might shuffle a few fans from one girl to another but that's not really a gain.
So in short it's not really worth it.

>> No.40119266

>>40090890
nice try. we know you just wanna suck the homos cocks.

>> No.40119767

>>40119186
What if both corpos have the same culture tho? What would happen?

>> No.40119880

>>40119767
Cyberlive had the same culture as Phase and now Lumi is top 3 in Phase and Yuri integrated seamlessly.

>> No.40120289

>>40119767
That's a good question.
I guess if the culture in both corpos is the same there won't be a clash between them at least.
There management questions.
Who remains the owner? Who remains the CEO? Who remains as manager?
Do they just combine their bank accounts and their budget for everything?

Organizing collabs and including everyone will be much more difficult now.
But they gain the advantage of a much bigger total audience.
One of the reasons NijiEN has very high numbers on many of their collabs is that they have so many members that appeal to so many different demographics that when those all come together it adds up a lot.
The merged small corpo would have some of this benefit leading to higher number of total fans following the company thus bigger collab numbers, debuts for new members would have higher views too, more fans creating content and memes, more fans shilling the company.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action