[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 39 KB, 739x415, 15BC80B1-2E3B-4F9D-A0EC-72B992E78D4D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
427316 No.427316 [Reply] [Original]

/auds/ Thread #5

Let's discuss our aspirations for VTubing, whether agency-based or something more indie, and help each other grow to hopefully make it as an entertainer. Indies are welcome to join, of course, but try to avoid the common pitfalls that come with being indie.

Stay grounded, but stay hopeful.

Question of the Thread:
There are many successful VTubers to look up to and try to emulate.

Which established VTuber do you aspire and hope to be like later on in your career?

For me, it’s Tokino Sora. I love her work ethic and her dedication. I’d like to become a reliable older sister figure to my viewers, just like how she is to the rest of Hololive.

>> No.427338

>>427316
hopeful-chama... why so many threads?

>> No.427392

>>427338
it's pretty much a general at this point

>> No.427438

>>427392
Nah I meant how she made two by accident.

>> No.429571

>Which established VTuber do you aspire and hope to be like later on in your career?
Personally I really like Aruran's streams a lot, especially the ones where he's learning or having the chat share things with him. The atmosphere in his streams is usually really comfy when I tune in and I hope one day my streams can give off that kind of chill vibe

>> No.434641

>>427338
Sorry, my bad. Ignore that other one.
>>429571
Good taste, the boys really need more attention. They’re way too good to be relegated to non-idol, side-project status.

>> No.435056

How do people often decide on a character? Many people seem to have original character types that also end up being quite interesting
Would feel like I'm ripping off some other chuuba if I choose the same thing as them especially since things are so diverse in this community
I'm honestly surprised there is only like ~5 vampire chuubas I've ever come across

Also ngl, choosing JP names as a westerner especially one that doesn't even know the language always seemed kinda cringe to me, but regular western names are too boring and generic. I'm probably gonna spend way too much time trying to think of one

>> No.435153

>>435056
Start with the kind of audience you’d like to have. How do you want your fans to see you? Then look at the established VTubers and see if there’s a space for your niche. Artemis and Gura are both sharks but they’re so different in tone and artstyle that they can coexist.

I agree that non-Japanese speakers picking Japanese names is a bit iffy but do remember that many Japanese people pick western names for their characters. Even in games and anime.

>> No.435197

I am curious to know, how "high end" of a pc should someone have for getting in to vtubing, and how old of a pc would such a thing even permit

>> No.435308

>>435197
Anything that can comfortably stream the games you want to play, basically. I can stream most games I play just fine on my R5 3600/R9 290 machine.

>> No.435533
File: 779 KB, 590x874, My dick hurts, bros.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>435056
If you can, choose a name that is representative of your character as a whole or representative of/alludes to one or several major traits your character has. This would make you memorable.
Example:
Mori means Death in latin.
Calliope: "In Greek mythology, Calliope is the Muse who presides over eloquence and epic poetry; so called from the ecstatic harmony of her voice. Hesiod and Ovid called her the Chief of all Muses".

>> No.435549
File: 36 KB, 400x460, 1598115753033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>435056
>jp people choose western names
>western people choose jp names
Grass is always greener on the other side.

>> No.435615

>>435197
I tried in a 15-years laptop. It wasn't happening.
I'll try later on a 10-years old one to see if 5 years of technological advances can help me.

>> No.435619

Asking again but does anyone know a place or any courses etc. to learn how to be a better voice actor? I don't intend to use a fake voice or anything, but want to just improve my speaking in general
Just like how a practiced singer have a very easy ability to move between and stay at certain notes moving smoothly between them near there natural singing range, I'd believe a practiced VA would just be the non-singing equivalent able to have great control of their speaking voice able to display emotion as desired (Important for a streamer who want's to seem happy or having fun even if they're not at the exact moment for the viewers sake imo), or be able to make a few subtle adjustments to their natural voice to seem more attractive without having to strain or consciously think all the time

>> No.436661

>>435619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EcTotO6no
>inb4 trannies have cooties
Actual trannies are so autistic about skull and voice because it makes everything better for them and thus they understand that the human vocal tract can be manipulated to mimic any voices, just habit makes it hard. (It's basically voice coaching 101)
Do your reps:
>>>/lgbt/19007822

>> No.436910

>>436661
I'll try, but is that thread purely about imitating the other sexes voice type, or regular voice acting too? I'm a male and don't plan on going all fem, I actually wanna double down on my deep voice and try go the Markiplier/Banderas smooth deep voice route

>> No.437089

>>436910
Mostly imitating other sex, but mostly if you want to do that, you need to be aware of the structures of the vocal tract and take control of it. New York Voice Coaching should be your material to read. It has some resources for male voice, but it's anemic.

>> No.437277

>>437089
Thank you tranon, actually helpful
Might try learn the fem shit on the side too for a while, could be fun if I could pull it off a bit to fuck with people

>> No.437305

>>437277
The redpill is that male voice is much more flexible because you can just always limit space which in turn will color the timbre femininely. You can't expand a small space.

>> No.437994

>>437089
and now I'm spending my evening trying to imitate the Joker. Much appreciated anon

>> No.439094

I’m asking this mostly for the sake of my own sanity. Is everyone in this general aware that vtubing is a hobbyist exercise in conning people out of their time and affection? This is not a moral judgement, I genuinely want to learn how to be good at that, but seeing positive people in other threads makes me wonder if I am too cynical.

>> No.439224

>>439094
That's a rather negative way to view the act of entertaining others.
Is playing an instrument and performing a concert also conning people out of their time and affection?

>> No.439394

>>439224
Well, by nature of music, yes. Music is built on a sense of anticipation and release via tonic and dominant harmonies.

Entertainment is in its nature creating an expectation an resolving it in an unexpected way, playing on the human reward circuitry. Is that not it?

>> No.439420
File: 136 KB, 416x599, don_quixote.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>439094
It is the only way that I can make friends...

>> No.439960

>>439394
not the guy who responded to you originally but you just sound really really cynical
people do fun things that they think are fun because they are fun; sometimes that's about as deep as it gets

>> No.440043

>>439394
Is the act of talking to others swindling them out of their time and affection?

>> No.440056

>>439094
>>439394

>vtubing is a hobbyist exercise in conning people out of their time and affection
>Entertainment is in its nature creating an expectation an resolving it in an unexpected way, playing on the human reward circuitry.

You answered your own question, my guy. And this is coming from from a cynic.

>> No.440169

>>436661
>>435619
Dude dont do this wtf. Just look up how seiyuu train,you dont need to bring trannies into everything. Voice acting is not somesuper obscure thing, you can find i foin that too.if you wanna learn how to talk look up toastmasters.

>> No.440174

>>440043
Only if you don’t actually care about what they have to say, I suppose.

>> No.440283

>>440169
I mean, if you want to know how to change your voice, there's no one who wants to change their voice as much as trannies. It makes sense.

>> No.440314

>>440056
Well, that’s an easy thing to believe. But what if I’m wrong, and being a good entertainer requires sincerely caring about your viewers? Because maybe then it’s not for me, I can’t picture myself not having that distance at least on some level internally.

>> No.440434

>>440283
>>440283
Vtubers at most voice act, they arent taking injecting chemicals.

>> No.440452

>>440314
Can't you just like the idea of putting a smile on someone's face? Is that selfish?

>> No.440552

>>440434
Oh yeah, I'd never recommend taking strange chemicals like they do.

>> No.440628

>>440452
It is selfish if you expect something in return.
But beside that, you are “putting” the smile on their face, manipulating them, even if it is for their benefit. And if that is what is happening, you need to care about the craft to do a good job, but not necessarily about the person you are doing it to.

>> No.440683

>>435619
Just watch this. It has everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSnYnB1_T6k
I'm linking Part 3 because it's most relevant to what you're asking.

>> No.440972

>>440628
This applies to literally everything, from love and friendship to jobs
It's all a matter of perspective as to how you wanna see things, but there is pure technical realism and then the human abstraction that modifies our perception of that and you need to find a safe level of that abstraction to properly fit into and view society the best way
Technically, literally every single act performed by a human is greed. Even a person who goes to sacrifice their life to save another is acting greedily, in the sense they are doing it even if they don't want to die, but because what they in that instant want more than even their own life is to save someone else
Someone with a gun to their head either following or defying orders under threat of death is acting greedily, taking the action they see will most likely get them what they want in the end
A man not willing to go up on a stage in front of thousands to receive a reward of a million dollars out of fear is acting greedily. He may want that million dollars, but what he wants most of all in that moment is to not stand in front of thousands so he instead cowers in greedy fear

>> No.441053

>>440628
I don't think you have to care about a person you're talking to for it to not be swindling.
To con someone is to manipulate them into doing something that harms them, for your benefit. In which case, watching your performance needs to be tantamount to damaging oneself for it to be a con.

I think that viewing your own performance as tantamount to damaging whoever watches it is, at the very least, an unhealthy mindset. You won't be putting your heart into your performance (caring about the craft to do a good job, as you describe it) at all, because you think your craft is some kind of weapon to harm others.

>> No.441799

>>435619
Genuinely want to learn this as well. I'll be following the train of replies to see what I can make use of.
>>439094
In one of my first streams, I specifically talked about this. Sadly can't direct you since the VOD is no longer available but I'll acknowledge this a bit.

Idol culture is very dependent on the parasocial relationship, and agency (as well as many indie) VTubers are very much patterned after the idol industry.

What I'll say as an agency chuuba is that I'm aware, and I'll be trying all I can to minimize the possible harm that parasocial relationships can cause. I believe it can be healthy as well.

>> No.441827

>>441053
Okay, so maybe saying that vtubing is conning and talking is conning is too negative. Manipulation on it’s own is a tool, it doesn’t have to be a weapon.
But still, the skill one needs to develop to be a good vtuber and not some boring monotonous letsplayer is one of manipulating attention.

I really do want to get good at being entertaining, and it’s clearly not enough to just be really skilled at something to get there. So, I want to understand what entertainment is, so I could do it better.

>> No.441957

>>441827
I also wanna learn how to be a better entertainer, I don't think I really am on at all desu
I'm doing test streams to work up my speaking ability, but I dunno if when I'm able to speak with no inhibition if what comes out would be good
People can train to be better, I know that for sure. The majority of good comedians practice a lot from what I've gathered watching some talk, I just ain't sure how to get into it myself.

>> No.442080

>>441799
Yeah, I saw that VOD. How common is this point of view among professional chuubas, have you talked to them?

>> No.442312

>>441827
I'm a teacher and lemme tell you, manipulation of attention makes my job far easier than it would be if I didn't practice it. Manipulation is a tool, indeed, but it's on you if you wanna be a stand-up comedian who only wants to get some laughs out of people and enjoy the attention or a televangelist that's fully aware he's conning people out of their good will, faith and most importantly, money. Pick up your moral compass and decide for yourself.

>> No.442470

>>442312
Well yeah, agreed.
Is attention manipulation something you learned in college for teachers, or did you figure that out on your own?

>> No.442587

>>441957
I might want to do test collaborations too sometime. That’s a good idea. There’s only so much you can do by yourself.

When it comes to being a better entertainer, there are many ways to learn this but an important skill in streaming is what I’d call [Expectation and Reactions].

I’ll use the word “appeal” instead of “manipulate.” If you want to appeal to the viewers, try to think about their expectations. When you feel like you’ve got a hold of it, decide whether to fulfill, defy, or exceed them. This is what’s going to make the moment clippable, memorable, funny, or cute. For example, you die unexpectedly in Apex and your audience knows that you’re a rager. Do you [Defy their expectations and laugh maniacally], [Fulfill them and rage], or [Exceed them and ‘accidentally’ make your mic fall angrily.]

Remember that this is only a theory of mine, but I feel that good streamers are able to quickly read the momentary Expectation and execute a Reaction appropriately.

>>442080
I can’t speak for other chuubas but my genmates as well as boss know this. It’s perhaps something that you silently understand once analytics come into play. An unspoken, silent agreement to “stay ignorant” perhaps.

>> No.442633

>>442587
Thank you for explaining! Now I feel like less of a conspiracy theorist.

>> No.442775

>>442587
That theory of yours sounds solid actually, and it would likely lead to the best points in the stream
Theres the issue of the inbetween parts though leading up to these points where you gotta keep the audience engaged and interested mostly via talking or minor reactions
That's the part I gotta try get good at. Apparently according to some comedians I've watched, analyzing comedies is actually a good way to learn humour. I'm only just remembering now but ages ago I was under that recommendation going through Seinfield but forgot to continue after a few episodes. Will likely go back an do it again if I have the time.
Your first theory sounds like it isn't that hard to learn desu, it would just take time. Most new chuubas personality and traits/memes only fill in after about a month and they and the audience both seem to come to know what each other are expecting from each other then. All you gotta learn is to react appropriately, and fast

>> No.442903

>>442470
different teacher anon but if by "attention manipulation" you mean "classroom management" and "engaging instruction" then yeah they do more or less talk about the latter but learning the former really happens when you do student teaching in the field

>> No.442975

>>442903
Yeah, that’s what I meant, thanks

>> No.443369

man i am just suffering from extreme loss of motivation,there is so much to do. oh and to answer your question, Suisei is a big role model. she did everything herself and never gave up. i wish i had half her willpower to do something. sadly i have like quadruple her willpower to NOT do something

>> No.443505
File: 48 KB, 374x354, 1607677202140.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>443369
If you haven't debuted yet, just take it easy. Leave everything for 2 days and then come back to it after resting. Going too hard into something can burn you up that quickly.
Play some vidya, watch a movie, talk with friends and then go back to whatever you were doing before. It's not a race, after all.
If you already debuted, then just postpone your schedule a bit. Be sure to let your audience know that, though.

>> No.443581

>>443505
no im not even close to starting. and ive been taking it easy for 2 and going into ,3 years. ive burnt out from something before that and i just cant get going right now on anything. im working on language, music, graphic design... and i absolutely cannot work on any of it. i dont even want to get up from bed anymore

>> No.443820

>>443581
As someone who's kinda been in the same boat, consider your health a possibility
You might be lacking certain nutrients, not be active enough, over/under sleeping etc.
I noticed I was phasing out, unfocused and tired just a moment ago while working despite getting good sleep and it being the middle of the day. I just lifted the blinds and opened the window to get hit with natural sunlight and I'm suddenly alert and focused as my body gets hit with the realization its the up & attem time of day my brain knew only be checking the clock
A lot of people seem to forget that the mind and the body are one in the same, just the brains a subset of the body like any other organ, and treat it like an apparent issue with one is separate from the rest

>> No.443879

Unless there's some unreliability with youtube's analytics it would appear HoloSingerEN is going through the first pass of auditions (probably just finished within the last 24 hours). I'm basing this from the additional view my unlisted 5 minute speech within the last 48 hours. I hold no delusions about passing, but trying out each time has been kinda fun.

>> No.443972

https://voca.ro/17clhhG7WOxu
What kind of character does this invoke?

>> No.444015
File: 98 KB, 1000x800, 1601841348488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>443581
I've been there before. I did absolutely nothing with my life for about 10 years. I was so burnt out and desensitized I was doing everything without thinking anymore, and whenever I thought about anything, I was unable to leave bed because I didn't feel like trying anymore.

It's a really difficult climb to get out of that hole, but you can do it.
What I did was getting a job at a 7-11 as a cashier, not because it was the best job I could find, but because I wanted a place where I could interact with different people every day. I wanted to change the routine.
I don't say you should quit your current job right now, if you have one, but you could try to change your schedule if you're able, or stop trying to learn so many things at once. I once tried to learn how to use Audacity and Blender at the same time and I ended up learning nothing.

Give a spin to your daily routine. Get a gym pass, go fishing, watch the entire content of a youtube channel or adopt a cat. But don't oveewhelm yourself, either. Only one or two things at the time are good enough. Take it easy, but fall into a routine too often, or you'll go back to the hole.
Good luck with the hustle, buddy.

>> No.444036

>>443972
Lonely girl singing in the garden under the moon

>> No.444149
File: 593 KB, 1280x888, 1588357330223.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>443972
While listening to this, Diva from Blood+ sprung to mind (I forget the story desu) and the image of her sitting in a rose garden outside a castle singing
It feels a bit like a slightly sinister lonely girl, like I could hear that song in a show before/while/after someone gets killed in some other location to the girl herself

>> No.444310

>>444149
Should've posted video desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE3yw6ZHM2U
Gives me vibes similar to this, though you're of course not doing opera
Also I can't sing for shit myself and dunno your situation for recording that, but it sounds like you're limiting your voice a lot to be quiet which brings down the quality. If you opened up a bit more I feel things would go more smooth and sound better

>> No.444971

What did you think of Haachama (Akai Haato) split personality retconned lore?

>> No.445640
File: 1.30 MB, 797x895, 1602360349638.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>444971
I think it's the best example of creativity and adaptability on this whole market I've ever seen. During this whole week, people rushed to suscribe to her channel just to see if the ending of her saga would happen at 1M subs, and now everyone's on the edge of their seats,all eyes on her, waiting impatiently for the delivery of her Magnum Opus.
It's a genius move. It's a magnificent move. It's the antithesis of the Haachama character and it subverts your expectations so hard it could only come from the mind of a rusemaster.

I quite like it, yeah.

>> No.445903
File: 437 KB, 904x848, 034D75FE-3855-417A-A545-0DF576EDFAD8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>444036
>>444149
>>444310
Thanks for the feedback. Decided to lean into that and try to imitate a character that kind of has that archetype, Emeraude from MKR
Line:
https://youtu.be/cc14fNRtKmE?t=221
https://voca.ro/1acKkJ419Bqh
https://voca.ro/148zb91DoXdN
I wonder if this sells it at all, i can probably try other lines but im tired rn

>Trying to be quiet
Im not really trying to be quiet actually, “opening up” might not be something i can really do here since it would break the illusion
>Diva
Well damn I dont think i can really get anywhere near that lol. Really loved Blood+ though.

>> No.445945

>>445640
She can't cook, but definitely an antithesis of >>172550
>>172550

Shame that she's one of the most broken Hololive girls.

>> No.446135

>>445903
Sounds like you're going up a bit too high with the voice imo
Probably wouldn't be maintainable, and your lack of mastery of the voice might annoy some viewers
I recommend bringing it a bit closer to your natural voice where you have more control and an easier time
People will be watching primarily for you afterall, not the voice or character although they do play significant roles, so don't be worried about diluting your character a bit to make stuff easier
That or practice I guess, you just seemed a bit monotone in those clips whereas the original girl had some more emotion/variance with smoother delivery

>> No.446225

>>443820
You might be lacking vitamin D. The body needs sunlight to hit the skin to produce vitamin D, otherwise we get lethargic and depressed. Understandable with all the covid quarantine for people to not get out and get some fresh air and sunlight.
You should get some vitamin D supplements (preferably from food and not actual pills), eat well, rest well and exercise a bit. The endorphines from working out help a lot and heighten the senses.

>> No.446273

>>446225
Thanks anon, I know about this
I've got like 3 bottles of supplements next to me and try open the window or go out when I can
I haven't noticed it myself since when I went from depressed asocial (effective) neetdom as a teen to someone with ambition I changed a lot of things including exercise/outside time all in one go, but family I have that were all inside people had serious mental and energy issues started taking vit D supplements a while ago and all their issues were fixed

>> No.448659

How do you go about "networking" pre debut to actually get a following to actually be there for the debut? The only thing I see these people on twitter doing is having their avatar revealed bit by bit for follower count, and then retweeting every chuuba they know. This seems like a shitty way to shill yourself in my eyes
The only real thing I can think of doing which doesn't actually give you followers but just debut watchers is posting yourself in /wvt/ and the vtuber reddit a couple hours before

>> No.449843
File: 31 KB, 496x379, EkO6hHFVkAAtFSS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>448659
Was wondering this too, most of the advice I'm seeing is just interact with other chuubas but I really don't want to be a leech or vtweeter

>> No.449867

>>448659
>>449843
make content on YouTube.
Futakuchi Mana is scheduled to debut in 4 days and already has 16k subscribers

>> No.450070

>>449867
Oh shit I thought that was just her schtick, didn't realize she hadn't debuted yet
She has been in my recommended for ages now

>> No.451583

>>449867
How did she get people to notice her vids though? There must be some shilling done somewhere I assume

>> No.452600

>>451583
No idea.
If you look at the tags in her videos it's some pretty standard shit
She's doing everything right but I guess the YT algorithm was feeling generous

>> No.455113

>Which established VTuber do you aspire and hope to be like later on in your career?
I want to say Fubuki because I want to have even a shred of the massive amount of compassion and love for all Vtubers she has, but I think having the calm but very obviously otaku nature of Yashiro and just making references to rose-tinted memories of old games and anime sounds pretty great.

Also question for vocally talented friends: Are singing lessons worth it or are you better off learning them through exercises?

>> No.455174

>>455113
My sister's taking singing lessons, I'm self-taught. She's improving much quicker than I ever did.

>> No.455233

>>455113
>Also question for vocally talented friends: Are singing lessons worth it or are you better off learning them through exercises?
Not trying to be a vtuber (>male and personality of a boring rock), but saw this thread bumped and I can answer this (used to be a tenor soloist in a university choir):
Yes, absolutely, vocal coaching can pay off, if with someone who actually knows what the fuck they're teaching. There are a lot of physical aspects to it that you don't realize (breath control, posture, how to form certain notes or sounds) that a good coach can teach you or correct if you're doing it wrong. Without one, you may be a polish-able gem, but it'll be very difficult to get the most out of your capability just self-training, same as with instrument playing. If no one ever tells you you're doing something wrong, and especially if they don't tell you how to fix it, you'll stay fucked up.

>> No.455376

>>455233
Good points. I've noticed plenty of people that self teach themselves different skills and seem to do fine, so was curious if singing was one of those skills that can just be worked on. Did you do vocal training, and how long would you say it takes for someone's voice to "become good"?
>>455174
Also helpful. Do you practice singing with your sister or do you do something else to train yourself?

>> No.455527

>>455376
Nah, I'm a complete amateur and mostly keep it to myself, occasionally lending my voice to [board] sings projects.
Meanwhile she only started taking lessons maybe a few years ago and some of the stuff she's recorded for her own projects is seriously impressive.

>> No.455574

>>455376
Choirfag again.
>was curious if singing was one of those skills that can just be worked on.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to throw money at some coach in order to just do scales or practice register shifts, you can do those at home. And I certainly am not claiming there's no such thing as talented amateurs (using that phrasing just to define whether they're trained or not).
>Did you do vocal training,
Yes, but was decent-enough to join the choir in the first place just through self-training. My coaching was basically just generic group sessions (which can be more beneficial than you might think), then when I auditioned for and got soloist I started getting personal lessons that were more focused on my unique voice and traits.
>and how long would you say it takes for someone's voice to "become good"?
This is super down-to-the-individual. I believe 80%+ of the human population probably has it in them to be at least choir tier in their singing, given enough training and practice - truly tone-deaf, in the literal sense, individuals are the unfortunate exceptions. That said, it basically depends on how good your natural voice is. Some people are blessed with smooth voices, or great pitch/tone control, and it just comes naturally. They need minimal coaching to get to peak performance. Others can develop those skills with time and practice, and targeted attacks on individual issues, one at a time, solving this shortcoming or that one with specific exercises until it's suppressed.

>> No.455676

>>455527
>>455574
Seriously helpful stuff anons, thank you. Just had an idea brewing in my head and was wondering about how "far" I should take it so to say. Whether it ends up being a long-term or short-term project depends entirely on my skill from here on out it seems.

Thanks again anons!

>> No.455758

>>446135
Yeah, it is a bit hard to maintain. What I'm essentially doing is pulling back my pharynx in order to try and modify my voice as much as possible (i don't know what the name of the attribute is that i'm changing since I'm just messing around). I'm not actually trying to play a character like this normally but I did want to have a couple spare voices ready to go in case I want to imitate other characters talking just off-screen in a pinch.
This is me singing the same verse with my normal voice
https://vocaroo.com/1oaq7UT6AT8v
And then me singing another verse in the same song with my head voice, but without pulling back my pharynx
https://voca.ro/1cnGEgMWHvwi
This is my rough Tiny Tim impression to show the opposite thing which is pushing the pharynx out. I'm not sure what I can use this for other than impersonating Mickey Mouse though which I'm not sure I'll really find use for.
https://voca.ro/1mlO8rt9vQGJ
One issue I've run into is that if I just talk conversationally in any given voice I have a subtle persistent accent on the pronunciation of consonants that kind of tips off that it's the same person.

>> No.455770

>>455676
Choirfag once more: if it's singing-related, good for you. Hope it works out.

Backhanded advice: friends and family all insisting you sound really good != you are ready to impress strangers... Yet. Usually, most people in that boat, the "best person in the karaoke booth" guy, IS fundamentally good, as I was saying above, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're ready to give a performance. Not trying to say that you should give up hope if this is the case, like I said I genuinely believe the majority of people can in fact carry a tune, just wanna temper expectations.

>> No.455873

>>455527
>>455574
Question if you or any other musical anons know, what are the type of musical/singing training facilities you should look for? Are online lessons just as fine if you've got a decent mic, and if so do you perhaps know some sites to look for these online singing teachers?
The only places I can find in my city that teaches singing seems entirely geared and advertised for children, and you can only find that they do accept older people in the Q&A but with no further information which makes me a bit afraid to even try with them

>> No.455879
File: 62 KB, 640x884, jf5kx1qkykr51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>455770
>>the "best person in the karaoke booth" guy, IS fundamentally good, as I was saying above, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're ready to give a performance.
>Be me
>Be the guy who everyone says is "really good wow" on karaoke night
>mfw I'm now concerned about whether I'm actually good or I'm just a one-eyed man in a country of the blind

>> No.456087

Choirfag. I just can't quit this thread
>>455879
Don't worry, crippling self-doubt is a fundamental part of every singer's growth arc. Well, 95% of them, a lucky few are just prodigies with aggressive confidence.
>>455873
I really can't tell you much specifically because all I'd be able to say is "go to the music department of [university] and sign up for classes with [professor]". And she probably doesn't even work there anymore, it's been... Fuck me, ten years.
I DO know, having seen them in related video rabbit holes, that there are online vocal coaches, I've sometimes watched their videos reacting to some big performance by a youtuber and critiquing it. As memory serves, most of them either have their own websites, or are on fiverr or some other gig job sites. I imagine they'd be able to provide decent feedback, provided you have a good mic, but it's just one of those things that somehow works better in a face-to-face interaction. Can't really explain it. Maybe it's different, or different people can get more out of it.

>> No.456246

>>456087
>>455873
Samefagging, just look up "vocal coach reacts to" on YouTube to see what I mean. I can't offer any vouching for anyone in particular, because I haven't used any of them, but if you watch their content you'll see how specific they get in talking about mouth movement, breath control, etc., subtle shit you might not ever realize you are doing right or wrong. And yes, of course, they shill their courses, probably overpriced, but desu I got it for free, most coaches do in fact expect a decent rate for their job. Whether they are good or not is not really something you'd know till you participated, but if I had to start all over again I'd probably "shop around" to get a feel for how generic or detailed they are in those critiques on YT to see whether they're actually good.

>> No.456476

What's the feasibility in creating a VTuber persona that's based on the fandom of another VTuber? And then mass-producing that to have a gaggle of VTuber "fansonas"?

Like how Haatons are little piggies and the Onigiryaa are prisoners with riceballs for heads; essentially the VTuber persona or avatar would be one of those with an 'identifying mark', the way a JRPG has a typical mob monster but gives it a minor trait (a hat, a scar, a different colour, etc).

And then you'd just have group streams made up of fans.

>> No.456550

>>456476
I mean, we already have a nousagi idol, so there's that.

>> No.456638

>>456550
You mean Kiara?

On the one hand, sure, on the other not quite the same as VTuber whose avatar is a nousagi, is it?

Given Nijisanji and some other VTubers don't necessarily limit themselves to strictly human/humanoid appearances either (Debi, for example), I can see some merit or creativity going into a cute icon/avatar that relies more on facial expression that body movement.

>> No.457102

>>456476
I think Troopas would be pretty cute to see in this format

>> No.457196

Opinions on babiniku. Im thinking of using vseeface and one of my many VRchat avatars but they are all female and I'm a man with a deep voice.

>> No.457490

Are there any tubers with a markedly deep voice on the market? Like, maybe not expressly Manly Man characters but definitely with a baritone voice.

>> No.457503

>>457490
corpse is the only one i know of

>> No.457648

>>457490
banderas and oga?

>> No.457652

>>457503
>corpse
who?

>> No.457706

>>457652
literally just google him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiyMKnp8Re4

>> No.457716

>>457706
not a vtuber

>> No.457795

>>457716
then no, deep voiced male vtubers don't exist

>> No.457868

>>457795
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwL7dgTxKo8Y4RFIKWaf8gA

>> No.457932

>>457795
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g6yrz9rLq0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhPas2RpII

>> No.459126

>>457490
Belmond Banderas

>> No.459974

>>455174
there are youtube videos for singing lessons.

>> No.460944

Could a mute Vtuber work? Not even like a Zen text to chat deal, just completely mute?
Cause I don't like my voice at all and I don't want to waste time typing shit out mid stream

>> No.461019

>>460944
how would you thank superchats and answer questions?

>> No.461190

>>460944
I mean you can try but then you need some incredibly engaging method of audience participation

>> No.461769

>>460944
whole point of vtubing is that engagement and chat interaction, otherwise you're just a glorified IGN gameplay video

>> No.461794

>>460944
This would literally just be a no-commentary let's play with a png overlay.
Unless I'm watching someone do some tricky bit in a game that I can't figure out from reading a guide or pictures, I'd never watch something like that just because it has an anime picture in the corner.

>> No.461894

>>461769
But I actually know how to play video games?

>> No.461942

>>461894
>Boy
Might as well not even bother, you'll never make anything more than 25 dollars a stream and will never break 10k subs.

>> No.461954

>>459974
Choirfag back again
Yes, there are, but unless you have a fully-isolated studio setup that you can analyze your own voice perfectly (and even then, it's subject to your own biases), you wouldn't be able to pick out any mistakes you're making.
And that's completely ignoring that having a coach would solve the biggest issue with working on a skill, I.e. having a detached observer with no incentive to make you feel good (being your friend, etc.) able to provide feedback on your ability. I promise I'm not trying to say "you can't be a good singer without coaching", I realize that paying the money to have someone train you might be a steep investment for most and would never claim you HAVE to do it... But even some of the best superstar singers in the world have coaches, that should tell you something.

>> No.462018

>>461954
you're not wrong, but i make music for a living. i'm also not saying a coach will not help, but i already have no incentive to make myself feel good regarding my work (i am my own worst critic), so there is no real problem on that department.

>> No.462038

>>461894
If you're good enough to be a compelling watch even with zero interaction, you'd be competing professionally. As you're NOT competing professionally and instead wondering about becoming a streamer, I can assure you that you are not nearly as good as you'd need to be to draw an audience willing to watch someone else play vidya.

>> No.462104

>>462018
Then we're arguing the same fundamental point. Also, if you're the guy saying "you can get lessons from YT", great, but when I ranted and raved a couple hours ago about how much a coach would help, it was at/for the person asking if he should get a coach, as presumably he didn't know enough about vocal training to make that decision.
A person who is at the point where they're thinking "what even is the point of a coach" probably is NOT capable of self-critique, not on the level that would be necessary to identify specific issues.

>> No.462134

>>461894
then debut?

point is, vtubing is still the same thing as standard face cam streaming. you are literally the entertainer, only with an anime face instead of your real face. if you're not entertaining to watch, no one is going to watch you. at best, your audience will just see the png as your channel's mascot or something. at worst, no one will watch it because it's nothing but random, no commentary gameplay.

>> No.462186

>>462104
oh youre right about that.

>> No.462206

>>444971
Honestly the best content any vtubers put out. I wasn't a haato/chama fan but her little saga/arc has been so much fun to watch that it's changed my opinion of her and what the medium can do

>> No.462212

>>451583
She's the only metalhead female vtuber and that was a highly requested niche. Guaranteed subs.

>> No.462252

>>462186
Word. Based fellow musicfag.
Sad to say, I don't keep up with my singing or anything, haven't since college. Still feel pretty good about being the star of drunk karaoke night with my friends, but also knowing that their praise is actually well-placed, unless I've slipped farther than I thought in the past ten years.

>> No.462305
File: 155 KB, 530x639, wip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey guys, would like some feedback on my model. The gimmick is aztec god (quetzalcoatl) meets wrestler. Wanted my content to center around art, wrestling, and of course vidya. Anything I can add to his model to play up the themes or any other general feedback?

>> No.462428
File: 444 KB, 995x1334, bara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>462305
if you ever get an commission an artist. Please make it a bara artist. More muscles would really help this design

>> No.462481

>>462428
Hmm, How bara should I go? We talking Sol badguy levels?

>> No.462511

>>462481
>Sol badguy
yes an artist like nainsoo would be perfect

>> No.462570

>>462511
Hmm gotcha, I'll look up some his art as reference and tweak the body

>> No.464056

>>462252
i mean ive joined, been picked and placed well in some singing competitions in the past, and i feel like i can still sing today. however, obviously this does not make me the best ever singer in the whole world and it will need work and effort to improve.

that said, and i've always told this to people willing to listen, take note of any singer worth their salt and you will never see them wallow in self-pity over their singing ability.
the very second you see some singer choose to whine about "oh i'm bad at singing, i'll never improve" is the second you place them in the same category as vtweeters. they just want pity points and hugboxery.

>> No.464127
File: 87 KB, 286x504, swolewip.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>462428
Thanksfor the suggestion anon, working on it right now and liking the more muscular look already. Heres a progress pic

>> No.465623
File: 107 KB, 764x800, Luchador_gran.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>462305
>>464127
A fellow luchador, I see.
If you go too bara on it, it might look like Sett from League of Legends with a green palette. You could probably get away with the same frame, but more toned, maybe a little bit buffer, full ottermode, the usual body of aerial wrestlers, like Rey Mysterio or Sin Cara.

I was talking this image as a reference for the body of my character, but it was too Young for me, so I ended up using Eugen's body from the same game, instead.
You might be able to use it as a reference, though.
By the way, the inside of the mouth might need a darker color than the tongue.

>> No.466149

>>465623
Ay, glad to hear theres another wrestler vtuber in the works. Hope we can collab some day. And yeah was worried about going too bara, aiming for a kota ibushi or 90s hbk type build at this point. Noted on the tongue, will make it darker. What are your thoughts on the belt? Was looking at that image, that title looks fantastic, might want to tweak my own a bit cause of it

>> No.467160

>>466149
The buckle part could probably be bigger, since it's the most important part of the belt. I really like the overall design of it, so I can only think about making the buckle bigger, really.
I really like your design. I think you're probably all set now.

>> No.467271

i genuinely want to be an idol don't know if male or female yet but it seems impossible specially when even hololive gave up, still like the concept of vtubing but don't like how it's just becoming like any normal stream

>> No.467275
File: 720 KB, 769x1078, 1609219708458.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>artist gives me 4 sketches
>indecision crisis

>> No.467517

>>467275
You can always post them and get opinions.

>> No.467573

>>467517
I don't know if the artist would be alright with it. What if he's the Anonymous hacker known as 4chan?

>> No.467580

>>439420
based cervantes referrence
good luck on friend gathering

>> No.467825

Just did my fourth stream today and because i switched from youtube to twitch, i forgot to check the setting on twitch that automatically archives vods so that stings a bit!
on a more positive note, the stream was just a regular gaming stream that i was only on for an hour so it isn't the biggest loss and it has prepped me for my stream tomorrow, which somehow has gotten the most notice out of any of my tweets on social media
sorry for the blogpost but i figured its appropriate in this thread

>> No.467857

>>467271
>still like the concept of vtubing but don't like how it's just becoming like any normal stream
Haachama just took her viewers on a month long "psychological horror" lore event to debut the release of her new model's hair style. she did this by dropping scripted clips, doing unique teasers in the middle of her streams, etc.

trying to replicate that as a facecam streamer would be pretty cringe and come off as a "i'm very edgy" type stuff. so you just gotta look at what the medium of being a vtuber lets you do that you wouldn't be able to with a standard face cam.

>> No.467897

>>467825
nice blog retard
that's cool that you seem to be cultivating a base though. Why the switch from youtube to twitch though?

>> No.468136

>>464127
Nice. That wip looks like he's wearing a Roman toga. If somehow the Quetzalcoatl doesn't work out you can always go minotaur.

>> No.468145

>>467897
s-sorry ;_;
one of the easier ways to get people to notice you, unfortunately, seems to be shilling yourself on twitter and following people who seem to follow back others. from there, getting retweeted by people with bigger followings than you gets a lot more eyes on your stuff.
twitch itself is nice to stream on because even though a lot of people shit on raid culture, it can really help streamers hit bigger numbers faster than what i feel i'd be able to get through youtube. also from what i've experienced, twitch is better integrated into reddit than youtube livestreams and so that also helps with people seeing your stuff.
i also only had 6 subs on youtube at the time so if i was gonna switch at any point it might as well be at the start. i'm still gonna use the youtube channel to upload the vods and probably to make highlight clips

>> No.468169

What's a good resource on learning after effects so I can make some non-live content?

>> No.468206

>>467275
which one can you kayfabe the best

>> No.468290

>>468206
They're just clothes differences so they all look like anime catboy me with different jackets.

>> No.468312

>want to do a sex-less character
Is there any way to do this that doesn't come across as being too pushy on the LGBT stuff? I just think it would be funny to play a character who is just an inanimate object or robot or some shit

>> No.468337

>>468312
Make doll

>> No.468378

>>468312
- robot
- alien
- monster ie slime
- spirit/ diety
- object
- skeleton

>> No.468423

>>468312
If there's no rainbow colors or other glaring LGBT stuff then most people will just brush it off while the LGBT community makes you an icon.

>> No.468461

>>468312
> pushy on the LGBT stuff?
remove pronouns and flags and dont talk about politics

>> No.468795
File: 188 KB, 900x1273, small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My personal favorites are 3 and 4.

>> No.468912

>>468795
3 would be better since you'll be chest and up for most of your streams so you want some nice designs to fill out your chest area. it may end up requiring additional rigging (for example, the coat moving separately from your chest, possible neck tie movement, etc.)

>> No.468936

>>468795
i like 3 the most because i personally like long coats and having the removed coat as an option is also cool

>> No.468970

>>468795
I like 3 the best too.

>> No.468973

>>457490
Yes, girls love this stuff, and if your character is hot you might get fanart of him fucking your oshi.

>> No.469078

>>468912
>>468936
>>468970
Thanks, that's a big help. I hadn't considered the chest focus before.

>> No.469462

>>457490
https://www.twitch.tv/xkittymcpancakes

>> No.470319

>>468795
It heavily reminds me of Shun'ei, from KoF. Is the hair green, too?

>> No.470422

>>468795
I like it, gives me that cat girl from hunter x hunter vibes. Can't wait to see the finished look

>> No.470556

>>457795
pretty fucked up to be on this board and not acknowledge kongou as a deep voiced english speaking vtuber
https://twitter.com/KongouVTuber?s=20

>> No.474676

Would a subtly yandere vtuber work well? I've not looked around much but I haven't really seen one yet. I've been kicking around the idea for a traditional black haired hime haircut, with maybe a shrine maiden outfit. Possibly doing lap pillow ASMR style content in addition to just normal vtuber content.

>> No.475241

>>474676
Rushia from what I gather as a mostly EOP
That character works well, its the jealous GFE where viewers even though they may think its a joke and act in their own mind will subconsciously start trying to not make you jealous getting you loyal viewers
Make sure not to mind break your viewers though, or have them spend their life savings on you, keep em in check

>> No.475707

>>475241
>>474676
Ah yes. This is very much Rushia's schtick. She does it as much as she can whenever she can.

As with the other poster, do remember that you have the power in this parasocial dynamic, and as such the responsibility to avoid exploiting your fans will be yours. Do take care and be respectful in your treatment.

>> No.476048

>>475241
>>475707
Thanks for the tips! I would absolutely make sure to never exploit as I don't really even care if people donate or anything. It'd be a lot closer to "ah I'm you're favorite right?", " ara ara, do you really deserve this?" And stuff like "good girl/ boy" when they agree. More dere than yan.
I'll take more of a look at Rushia's content, I hadn't realized that was her style.

>> No.476100

>>468795
>Cat
>Casual outfit

Please start over. Dont waste your money

>> No.476473

I'm a male and have been randomly told by some people when I start speaking my voice sounds incredibly deep and relaxing, that I'm like an audio-book narrator or just told that I sound like I could start voicing anime like Jojo shit. It's not always consistent so I do need some VA practice though
Thing is I'm also incredibly quiet and often think I'm speaking way louder than I am and act quite reserved, shy or just like a sperg. I kind of wanna be an inspirational active somewhat idol(Mori) like chuuba that gets people hype and creative but think that would take many months of streaming to begin to resemble
Is there any type of character you think I'd fit well with? A certain audience or content type I should pander to with this voice + personality?

>> No.476514

>>476473
Post voice.

>> No.477458

>>476514
https://voca.ro/19EGtfyv8gAL
Some unrelated man i haxxored that I can confirm doesn't visit this website

>> No.479540

>>476514
>>477458
https://voca.ro/14FReNcg9mO8
Unrelated man is less tired and reading an actual script here so I'm assuming the voice is a tab bit better. Any opinions or even a truthful statement of how shit it is would be nice

>> No.481621
File: 58 KB, 907x510, small balls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>457196
The vtuber with the smallest balls doesn't give a fuck and he's having a blast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhPas2RpII
Be like small balls.

>> No.484422

>>481621
dramafags need to burn

>> No.486538

>>477458
>>479540
You sound like a California stoner trying to do a British accent.

>> No.486699
File: 596 KB, 2048x1593, IMG_2911.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is a rough little drawing my friend did for me of what idea i wanna go with. I really want to start but everything is so confusing and such. All I wanna do is make people laugh and have a good time.

>> No.486760

>>486538
Fuck, at least I got part of my heritage, most people say I sound like a not so brit brit. My accent is just mutated mutt from living off media as a lonely kid, intend to take control of it if I can with some practice but will take a while obviously
Besides the accent is the underlying voice good or nah?

>> No.487026

How vital do you guys think the anonymity aspect of vtubing is? I can get it for girl vtubers because a lot of the viewers want to believe they're watching a real anime girl, but I'm a guy thinking of getting into the business so I feel like that's not as much of a factor - people barely give a shit what guys look like as it is so I don't feel as worried about my face getting doxxed or already being known.

>> No.487053

>>435533
literally 0% of viewers think about these things when remembering a streamer

>> No.488204

>>486699
There are a few other caveman-themed streamers that you could ask. Search Twitter!

>> No.488257

>>486760
It really depends on what you discuss or the "branding" that you're going for.

>> No.489029

>>488257
That's the thing I'm trying to figure out, just wanna find what my voice seems most suited to so I'm not wasting time doing stuff no one likes cause I sound like an idiot doing it
Always knew my voice was off but people keeping on saying I sound like some type of narrator or deep VA made me think I could go the comfy bedtime story/lullaby route a bit, possibly even ASMR if there were some type of demand with a little extra emphasis on RPGs and dark/spooky games and such though I'm sure my accent going spooky would be goofy as fuck
Dunno what to think of beyond that rn desu until I learn to speak and express more wildly

>> No.489616

I don't know how to sing, so i don't think I can make it as a vtuber.

I used to stream with just a mic years ago, and so I know how to hold an audience of about 20-ish with my gameplay and commentary despite having a shit accent. But I just can't sing, so I guess I can't don a vtuber avatar to go with my voice.

Oh well

>> No.489876
File: 147 KB, 1007x761, DnwWgTIVsAArB0U.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>489616
>I don't know how to sing, so i don't think I can make it as a vtuber.
Can't tell if this is bait or if you're just looking for excuses not to try being a Vtuber anon. There are plenty of Vtubers that can't sing, lots of them are fairly popular too. Also, unless it's specifically for a karoke stream fans won't give a shit if you can't sing since they'll be coming to watch you entertain them with gameplay/commentary/whatever content you focus on. Even if songs are a major factor, there are plenty of Popular Vtubers that can't sing well or at all.
>Zentreya can't sing because she uses TTS
>Ars Almal is pretty tone deaf and required lots of audio black magic to make her song at the end of her 3d debut work
>Amelia Watson has the confidence but lacks the technical skill and always sounds slightly off
Don't let "I can't sing good so I'm going to fail" be the thing that stops you.

>> No.490085

>>489029
You should narrate the Book of Urizen.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Urizen

>> No.490231

>>490085
Different anon but hey, do you think there's a niche for on-stream book readings

>> No.490501

>>489876
I'm just thinking that I want to start streaming again (stopped in 2012), and I want to pick up a vtuber avatar to adapt to the changing times and modernize.
Mic only streams of a decade ago only go so far nowadays. I've have a face for radio, and so facecams never were on the table to begin with. I was just thinking that a vtuber avatar might be up my alley to circumvent that.
I figured the easiest way to get back into the streamer game and attract viewers was to sing, as that is seemingly the most popular thing vtubers do. Turns out, I am awful at singing. And it turns out I'm wrong about the singing as a gimmick, too, given the knowledge you just dropped on me in your post.
That's all. I tried to clarify my situation as well as I can. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

>> No.490560

>>490085
https://voca.ro/1bzxcFSwPr2V
4 u anon
Never knew about this guy before, thanks for showing me
>>490231
I'd also like to know as it certainly sounds interesting. I've never seen a chuuba do it before outside Moris vtuber dad manga read along.
The one thing I'd be worried about is copyright issues, there's gotta be some laws about it. People share, discuss and read aloud to others book all the time, it's half the education system, but I'd think theres gotta be some limitations somewhere with online recordings or streams

>> No.490899

>>490231
I'd absolutely watch out copyrights desu, it'd be fine reading lapsed or copy free books, maybe scripts (not sure what their licensing is like) or fan fiction would be okay too.

>> No.490973

>>490899
>fan fiction would be okay too
Imagine if reading My Immortal became a rite of passage as a vtuber

>> No.491115

>>490973
That would be hilarious and should totally happen.

>> No.491203
File: 1.56 MB, 472x500, 1612939455758.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seeing some anons posting vocaroo's asking what character/appearance would suit them and though I have something in the back of my mind, I'm curious to see what people's impression of my voice are.
I can't record anything now cause it's early morning, but I have a vocaroo from a copypasta an anon wanted to be turned into a soundpost.
>https://vocaroo.com/1juw7R1mjoQn
Any suggestions friends? Also I'm down to record other stuff in like 7 hours time if anons think reading something else might be worth it to gauge my vocals

>> No.491309

>>491203
While thinking of some other scripts you could do for some reason a comedy script came to mind
Just saying with the way you were reading that, I could also see you as one of the main characters doing the same method to deliver jokes in a sitcom
Try it out if you can, could potentially be one of your humour gimmicks if other anons agree

>> No.491715

>>491309
>Just saying with the way you were reading that, I could also see you as one of the main characters doing the same method to deliver jokes in a sitcom
I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly by that. Are you saying I'm the equivalent of a Jerry Seinfeld or Kazuma 'character' or am I greatly misunderstanding?
>Try it out if you can, could potentially be one of your humour gimmicks
Well I am planning to focus more on the video side over streams, so that could be something I look into a bit more.

>> No.491906

>>491715
That's kinda what I was pointing to in a way yeah, I feel like you could potentially pull off a toned down version of something like link related, generally able to do the dramatic skits like the friend coming up to the group complaining and then the punchline gets delivered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBAvIEC_WI

>> No.492223

>male
>did an un-pitch-shifted King cover
>haven't debuted as a chuuba yet
Should I lead with/make my channel video the chuuba anthem? Or wait to unleash it till I have an audience base, maybe downplaying/pretending I can't sing the whole time until then as I build up an audience? Not to be too much of a would-be numberfag but I don't wanna release it in a year, well after its status as the unofficial theme song of vtubing is gone.

>> No.492372

>>491906
Huh, interesting. Will definitely have to be something I look more into and research then. Not sure how I can base an appearance/avatar around it though, but maybe I just need time to think on it.
>>492223
Debuting with a strong cover of a well known song is pretty good for generating some fans anon. Unless you have anything else you could do to get a similar influx of excitement/attention I'd definitely recommend not sitting on it. Just make sure you network it correctly so people actually see it. All of takes is one viewer to get the snowball rolling.

>> No.492441

>>492372
As I said, kinda only thought of it randomly because in my head your delivery was a bit similar to sitcoms for some reason so don't think too strongly about it yet, but if it's something you actually think sounds fun go for it, sounds like something you would bring into your personality more than your avatar too
And when I said try it out if you can I meant maybe try recording your own take of a comedy sketch at that 7 hours later

>> No.492569

>>492223
Two things:
>Do you already have a character design, and furthermore did you commission someone to do (or do yourself) the KING album art version of your character to make the video in the proper format?
>Are you as good as you think you are? Trying to debut as a singing vtuber if you can't sing would probably work against you. Post link. Even if just a preview.
I'm only half joking

>> No.492858

>>492372
I just am thinking about the "bigger picture" of how being a chuuba is more of a full-fledged entertainer gig, and as cliche as it is I do kinda wanna pull the "whoa, he can do THAT???" stunt, as my speaking voice is radically different from my singing voice.
>>492441
I'm still in the preliminary stages of actually doing this, which is a fancy way of saying no, I don't have any specific character design, and definitely don't have the EPIC KING VIDEO WOW art for my character that doesn't exist. Is it really necessary? It's part of the gimmick, but I'd be far from the ONLY person who hasn't had art for it. not to mention if I get enough positive feedback I might luck out with an artfag that can do it, seems like there are some pretty niche/small chuubas with King covers who got a video, if the 48-cover version is anything to go by.
>Preview
Sorry but no. I'm all about blind confidence. It's gonna stand on its own on whatever day I post it, and if it turns out I'm filled with delusions of grandeur I'll just shrug my shoulders and carry on with my "points for trying" reaction.

>> No.492879

>>492858
>>492441
My bad meant to reply to >>492569 , ignore me.

>> No.494504

>>490231
Of course, but try to read only fanfiction, fan works, or copyright free works unless you want your channel nuked

>> No.496450

>>494504
Read Woody got wood.
Guaranteed views.

>> No.499821
File: 26 KB, 336x506, motivated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>467825 and >>468145 here chronicling my journey
that stream was the first time i've ever had an interactive chat the whole way through, and even though it was only two people talking to me, it was really satisfying. i don't mind the streams where i'll get a message or two over the course of it all but those ones really make you appreciate having an active audience
it really has me feeling MOTIVATED

>> No.501389

>>490560
>Never knew about this guy before, thanks for showing me
How did you pass high school?

>> No.501476

>>490560
It is a bit over-acted, but you're on the right track. You *really* need to be selective as to which books fit your voice. I suggest going through all of William Blake and any English translations of Jorge Luis Borges that you can find.

>> No.501513

>>490973
I'm fairly sure several have already done it.

>> No.503352

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1360061826629705738

good luck ya bastards

>> No.503654

>>503352
Saw this earlier. Doesn’t it seem a little early? I’m worried for all of the smaller companies that are launching their chuubas this year. It’s really going to suck for them when HoloEN2 steals the thunder.

Of course... that includes mine too.

>> No.503735

>>503654
3/5 of their holoENs just hit 1 million. strike while the iron is hot i guess.

>> No.503807

>>503654
if auditions are closing at the end of March, when would we be expecting a debut? Unless i'm mistaken EN Gen 1 auditions were in April and they debuted in September (partly because of the overlap with Gen5) so would we be looking at a July or August debut here?

also, hololive Gen2 before even announcing starsEN ;_;

>> No.504432

>>503352
Damn, I'm still waiting for HoloES to have a chance. I believe in my fellow EN chuuba. I'm rooting on everyone, buddies.

>> No.504660

>>504432
>HoloES
Jajajajajajaja

>> No.504716

>>504432
apply, be bilingual (tri?), make spanish your thing, draw in a currently untapped market, become the face of HoloES and show Cover that there's a demand both in LatAm and EU
i believe in you, anon

>> No.504762

>>487053
I know I do. Sorry but not everyone is a brainlet.

>> No.504927

>>503654
Small companies are fine because theres still room for a proper alternative to show up

Hololive is the biggest will get the strongest talent.
VShojo is a gated community, only people part of Projekt Melodys clique or from the Anituber can get in. Not to mention they primarily use Twitch.
Nijisanji_EN is better for dudes
HLive.En is going to be for porn

>> No.506507

https://twitter.com/hololive_En/status/1253558088692461568

auditions are for BOTH
Holostars EN Gen 1
Hololive EN Gen 2

deadline application is May 24th, so you have some time to build up a portfolio and apply

>> No.506551

>>506507
They said they were taking auditions for holostars last time too. I'm pretty sure if you tick male your application just straight to the recycling bin.

>> No.506559

>>506507
disregard i'm an fucking idiot

>> No.506597

>>506507
R.Ratman ONEGAI

>> No.506637

>>506507
That's a 2020 tweet retard.

>> No.507739
File: 2 KB, 125x65, 1613106871462s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.507839

>>507739
anon... that's a thumbnail...

>> No.508259

>>507839
A Vtuber for ants. truly a visionary

>> No.511061

So, what's the strategy to enter hololive?

>> No.511108

>>511061
Make good content

>> No.511119

>>511061
If you're in this thread, you're most definitely not ready for Hololive. You need to be an established content creator to even audition.

>> No.511121

>>511108
How did Ame, Kiara and Ina got in then?

>> No.511173
File: 1.38 MB, 800x1030, carousel-retro-horror-hideshi-hino-jigoku-hen_2-800px.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you think anyone would be in the market for a male vtuber who reads horror stories, plays lots of different niche games, and does twisted watchalongs (No membership required).
Was thinking of doing the face in the style of a Hideshi Hino character and having kind of a ghoulish horror host theme going on.

>> No.511207

>>511173
There might be but do you really need to be a vtuber for that?

>> No.511220

>>511119
Painful, but true.

>> No.511221

>>511173
>face in the style of a Hideshi Hino character and having kind of a ghoulish horror host theme going on.
Do the monster mash. It will be a graveyard smash. Oh it'll catch on in a flash.

>> No.511245

>>511207
A lot of normal tubers do these things but I don't know many horror themed vtubers, plus I just like the idea of being able to put on a character with a cool and creepy model to entertain an audience no matter how small

>> No.511438

>>511121
Ame: Streamer gimmick ethic
Kiara: Idol culture familiarity, cosplay
Ina: Professional-level artist

>> No.511647

HololiveEN Gen 2 has me fired up. I'm not going to make the deadline, but it made me realize that I want to at least shoot my shot before the vtuber trend dies. The only question now is, since I have an androgenous voice, should I be male or female? I'm thinking of maybe going for the gap moe "I think I'm cool and manly but I'm actually cute and wholesome" gimmick

>> No.511769

>>511647
Maybe a suave bifauxnen like King from Art of Fighting/KoF

>> No.511882
File: 326 KB, 557x557, disgusted Mori.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>511061
>So, what's the strategy to enter hololive?
Listen to her, you might get a clue vtweeter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M-6lkoi6L4

>> No.512008

I auditioned for earlier auditions because if was still a NEET, but now I've finally found a job I don't think I have enough free time to become a vtuber. Not to mention lack of eperience unless you count something like livestreaming church services.
Are vtubers expected to be full time vtuber or are there a lot of them who use it as a part time job?

>> No.512052
File: 587 KB, 3400x4000, Imposter Corpse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>511173
>Do you think anyone would be in the market for a male vtuber who reads horror stories
Yes, almost 7.2 milllion people who subscribe to Corpse Husband.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNTq9XKHDNy_1-2lL0kqCg
The only downside is you need a soothing, low pitched demonic voice and a gentle heart like him (for that gap moe).

>> No.512101

>>511647
If you're male, make the most feminine high-pitched voice that you can realistically pull off for hours in a row, and either play a babiniku "female" or a trap character. If you're female, make the most deep-pitched sexy mature lady voice you can do and become the EN Ange Katrina. Basically, take advantage of your unusually high/low voice to play a character that most people of your gender can never hope to achieve.

>> No.512280

>>512101
That's pretty interesting. I might take the EN Ange Katrina route myself since I like her a lot. My voice is naturally deeper than most, and I've heard some people call my voice "ikemen." Now how do I transition that from a sexy bishounen to a mature lady, hah.

>> No.512331

>>427316
I need to find a way to fund an avatar at current and free shit doesnt do male forms

>> No.512359

>>512331
You know I'd say just pick whatever live2d looks nice. Heck, use the one that I use. Male, female, doesn't matter. As long as it lets you start creating content, then you're good.

That's how it was for me. I was really itching to stream.

>> No.512401

>>512359
my voice does not lend itself to anything other than a male, it would be rather jarring with a female avatar and I cannot do a higher pitch

>> No.512422

>>512331
Kano's avatar is illustrated in Live 2D, make em yourself

>> No.512480

>>512422
kano tatsuko? I guess thats male.

>> No.512513
File: 510 KB, 808x537, 1613016696162.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>446273
I recommend you to lift weights, it is in my experience by far the most easy low effort feel good reward system. Other sports and so on cant compare.
>>448659
Me personally im just streaming and hoping people will enjoy it. I think im skipping the whole debut stuff, everyone is doing it.

>> No.512514

>>512401
I’d say it’s fine. Could preface every stream with like “lol I know it doesn’t fit but bear with me, I’ll get my own model eventually.”

>> No.512646

>>512480
Kano ch
>>481714
Potato rig, low spec games, ms paint avatar, SOUL, and babiniku who gets away with it, those vtweeters have no excuse

>> No.512657

>>512008
They say after work streaming is fine on the audition guidelines.
I heard lots of nijisanjis talents do it in the side.

>> No.512667
File: 269 KB, 437x427, 1613068449722.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>499821
Same for me, when even one person chats with me and enjoys the stream i already feel alot of joy.

>> No.512733
File: 218 KB, 666x666, 1612536571134.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I will not link my channel here but i hope one day i grow big enough that i might be noticed here and spoken of in a positive manner.

>> No.512753

>>512733
Remember: every /wvt/ link post is a self post.

>> No.512945

>>512513
If your viewers like your content, they will shill for you endlessly, especially if you are a vtuber with a low sub count. There are quite a few shilled on this board at this very moment, especially in /wvt/. I would say go and post a link to your channel there but you need to be prepared for what follows.

>> No.513097
File: 112 KB, 720x842, 1589503613425.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's the best program to use for making a model? I don't have any experience and I'd like to have a simple model, one that's not strictly human though, kinda like Debiru.

>> No.513742
File: 99 KB, 443x540, 6EC8545B-B18C-4BC3-A499-9F72B441AD89.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

spent 3 hrs filling out application, gonna wake up and record audition in am. gl ladies.

>> No.513760

>>513742
You will never be a woman.

>> No.514466

If you apply, you might not get accepted.
But if you don't apply, you definitely won't get accepted.

Even if you don't get accepted, you are no worse off then you were before applying.

>> No.514496

>>512945
>>512753
Thanks guys i will remember this.

>> No.516239

looks like they're starting auditions for HoloEN Gen 2 but they're phrasing is very confusing
Under pre-requisites it says "Gender irrelevant" but just a little further down it says "Hololive English is an all-female VTuber group"
what are they playing at here?

>> No.516315

>>516239
it's probably for women who identify as male
The character they play will still be female regardless

>> No.516346

>>516315
Also they might make a note of promising male applicants on the chance they open a male branch. There's no reason, business wise, not to at least take a look at them for future prospects

>> No.516369

>>516346
so would it still be worth applying as a male(male)? like a "getting your foot in the door" type deal?

>> No.516387

>>516369
There's literally 0 harm in applying, even if you are male. At absolute worst they turn you down and nothing else happens, at absolute best they really are making a holostarsEN on the side and take note of your name.

>> No.517802

>>511245
>>511173
https://www.twitch.tv/pigeon_child

>> No.517845

>>512753
They didn't used to be...

>> No.518074
File: 3 KB, 124x122, 1609039390091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>HoloEN gen 2 auditions open
>my model for other company I auditioned for just finished
N.. Nothing to lose right. I'll be vtubing either way.

>> No.518185

is singing something you HAVE to do in Hololive/Holostars?

>> No.518311

>>518185
It's part of the "whole package". Do you HAVE to be able to sing? No, but most Holos can, with only a few exceptions (those with weird voices but they make it part of their character, and Ame and Noel for examples of "are actually trying but just can't sing").
Think of it the same as applying for any other job, being able to tick as many boxes as you can is a great boon to your application.

>> No.518621

>>518311
That makes sense but what I want to know is: is singing something they make you do, regardless of singing ability?

>> No.518703

>>518621
I don't think it is something they'll make you do. I feel like it's mostly viewers who would like karaoke streams. So streamers just deliver, even though it's bad (Like Ame)

>> No.519682
File: 916 KB, 1467x711, 1532274903692.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>489876
>>490501
>always sounds slightly off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dDCPPwfaTw
This is not just "sounds slightly off" but she is struggling to make it entertaining and that's all what matters.
You don't need to draw good as long as it's memorable and entertaining to watch. You don't need to be good at games either if you manage to make it fun to watch.
Being a vtuber is being an entertainer at heart. You shouldn't go on this path if you think you can't commit to it.

>> No.520187

>>518621
Assuming you're >>490501, or someone in the same place at least, I have to concur with >>519682. It seems like you're just looking for reasons to doubt yourself. Whether those doubts are well founded or not is irrelevant. Confidence > actual talent. If you just keep fishing for "oh poor me I'm so bad don't you guys agree how bad I am?", then you're setting yourself up for failure.
It's like, so fucking what if you aren't any good at X or Y or Z? Do you wanna be an entertainer or not? If so, then you'll do it because YOU want to. There's very little a new chuuba can do that isn't already a niche filled by someone else, so the question is no longer about giving people what they want, but whether you just have enough fun with it that people tune in to watch you enjoy yourself.

>> No.520375

Things to consider before following any aspiration:
>What do I require to get started?
>Is it too much?
>Can I afford it?
>Is my time worth it?
>Will this result in financial profit?
>How likely am I to get screwed over?
>Does this require interacting with other people?
>Do I have people who I can have constructive discussions with regarding this?
>Are these constructive discussions in public or private?
>Would having said discussions effect my standing in any way?
>Am I meant to follow a preset list of guidelines and/or rules?
>What are said guideline and/or rules?
>Do I need connections to get where i want to be?
>Do I need connections to stay where I want to be?
>Do i need to pay people under table to keep my standing?
>Am I capable of defending myself?
>Can I ignore things that upset me?
>Do I have to do this every day to just stay on track?
>Is this tiring?
>Am I getting burnout?
>Do I get anything besides money after stopping?
>Am I happy with what I've done?
>Did any of this matter?
>Am I replaceable?
>Am I remembered?
With so many questions, one would be inclined to never bother and to instead watch others crash and burn. Foresight is a mythical commodity these days.

>> No.520463

>>520375
Half of this list, specifically the vanity/compensation related ones (how much monies can I get, will I get e-validation, will people like me) are bullshit. I'm not much for screeching about gatekeeping, and am as viciously capitalistic as any hamburger, but this "you can't do something you enjoy unless there's an ulterior motive" mentality is cancer. Unless you're specifically saying that people asking those sorts of questions of the process before they even start probably are better off skipping it in the first place, in which case I guess I agree.

>> No.520918
File: 94 KB, 1000x563, Off with their heads.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>520463
Sadly there are many who see the opportunity to jump on the vtuber bandwagon for attention, fame, to spread their political ideology or money. And they don't want to put in the work either. That's not how it works. They will be filtered out eventually. Mori was right.

>> No.521028

>>520187
I'm not that anon nor am I someone in the same place. I was just curious.
Great advice though

>> No.521049
File: 31 KB, 480x401, rmzk35ibv5e51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>520918
You're not wrong, but those are exactly the people I'm talking about. The people who have to have a 20-item bulleted list of pre-questions about whether it's "worth it", and aren't just doing it because they, like, just feel like it man

>> No.521066

>>521049
good.

>> No.521198

>>521066
I'll put it this way,
>HER
created content on her own sporadic schedule, was clearly just fucking around and having fun, and people enjoyed it because she was being silly and dumb. Then she got hired by muh big agency because she clearly enjoyed what she was doing, or at least SEEMED to be, enough that people bought that rrat. And being able to sell the rrat that you are "just having fun bro" is exactly what I meant when I talked at length about people enjoying watching you enjoy yourself, rather than you needing to fill some sort of specific niche or demand.
This isn't to say you CAN'T find success by being first X to Y, but even just doing exactly the same shtick as 8 people before you can work just fine, and we have plenty of examples of such.

>> No.521200

>>520463
The age of hobbyist youtube is long-gone.
Multiple generations of kids have been raised to see financial gain as the number one motive to have in order to achieve a happy life.
People who humour millions and millions of people, only to hang themselves with a necktie.
People who entertain, advising to fake confidence, to fake it 'til you make it - only to then be consumed by it all and jump off a bridge.
There are no people - just monsters - and it's honestly time for people to stop pretending they're not.

>> No.521201

>>520375
>What do I require to get started?
a device that can stream and some kind of avatar
>Is it too much?
for some people maybe but most computers can at least run obs along with one other program i'm pretty sure
>Can I afford it?
yes
>Is my time worth it?
i have so much free time after work that i don't think it matters. i'd be doing the same things off stream anyway
>Will this result in financial profit?
i have a job so this doesn't matter to me
>How likely am I to get screwed over?
i went in expecting nothing so i don't see how i can get screwed over
>Does this require interacting with other people?
not necessarily but it can be nice. a lot of the vtubers i see on twitter can be really embarrassing and hesitate to interact with them beyond replying to their tweets
>Do I have people who I can have constructive discussions with regarding this?
this thread more or less
>Are these constructive discussions in public or private?
this counts as public i'd assume but if i wanted private discussions i have people i could talk to for that
>Would having said discussions effect my standing in any way?
i have no standing and am currently a nobody so probably not?
>Am I meant to follow a preset list of guidelines and/or rules?
no?
>What are said guideline and/or rules?
^
>Do I need connections to get where i want to be?
i'm where i want to be right now but i guess if i wanted to reach out to more people it would be important
>Do I need connections to stay where I want to be?
no
>Do i need to pay people under table to keep my standing?
no???
>Am I capable of defending myself?
yes
>Can I ignore things that upset me?
usually?
>Do I have to do this every day to just stay on track?
streaming specifically? no. but i guess keeping up with social media is mildly important
>Is this tiring?
i'm honestly more excited day by day as i've been doing this
>Am I getting burnout?
i've only started but sometimes i question myself but also when i stream i remember that i enjoy it a lot so probably no
>Do I get anything besides money after stopping?
i don't get money for doing this in the first place so this one does not matter to me
>Am I happy with what I've done?
very
>Did any of this matter?
nothing really matters. but when people tell me that they enjoyed my stream or found what i've said to be valuable i think i can feel a sense of fulfillment
>Am I replaceable?
is there someone out there who does the same exact streams as i do? if so yes i guess
>Am I remembered?
it would be nice but i've yet to be streaming long enough to know

>> No.521265

>>427316
I have never done an audition for anything before, I am a guy, and I'm not sure the things I would stream would even be interesting to anybody.
Should I still try it? I miss every shot that I don't take, after all.

>> No.521272
File: 234 KB, 410x410, 7dd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>521200
>everybody in the world is just trying to stab everyone else in the back
>the few that aren't stabbing people in the back in turn get stabbed by the cruel cruel world
>t. doomer

>> No.521319
File: 422 KB, 592x795, doomguy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>521272
>doomer
honestly, he's pretty based and was right abbout everything

>> No.521362

>>521265
Nothing to lose. Just do it

>> No.521392

>>521265
Just go for it! Make sure that you have fun with it too!

>> No.521400

>>521362
>>521392
Who would I even submit it to?

>> No.521470

>>521400
Why are you fixated on auditioning? Just debut indie. The one thing I can concur with the doomerfags ITT is that expecting to get in sight-unseen to any of the major companies IS pretty much impossible unless you either have connections with current staff/talent, or have a body of work.

>> No.521722

>>521470
I agree.
https://en.hololive.tv/audition
"You have a proven track record for content distribution (including, but not limited to, games, songs, and illustrations)".
It's mentioned right on their audition page.They don't recruit nobodies who lack a porfolio as a content creator.

>> No.522088

>>440683
That part with the black girl whisper-screaming will forever haunt my dreams until I find a safe place to scream my lungs out.

>> No.522126

>>521198
>people enjoying watching you enjoy yourself.
YES and I wouldn't have it any other way. Man, I can feel how her giggles heal my soul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnhsjiDXcY

>> No.523459
File: 1.62 MB, 600x338, 1609089152443.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've finalised my sketches for a character sheet and I'm finally confident enough to move onto starting the 3D modelling side of things. It's like the more I work on this the more excited I get. Watching all the pieces slowly come together has me even more excited for some of the bigger things I have planned. If I'm not directly working on something for my Vtubing, I'm coming up with ideas and details for streams and content while I'm taking a break playing vidya, or ironing out character lore to make sure I can maintain kayfabe. Creating all of this and watching it come to life is the best.

I'm having so much fun working on everything bros. I can't wait to eventually debut. I hope you all have fun working on stuff too. We're all gonna make it.

>> No.525248

>>523459
Great to hear! I commissioned all my work but it was still awesome to see the pieces of it come together working with the artist and rigger, and just like you I was thinking about what to do in regards to my stream!

Have you started building a following or presence anywhere yet?

>> No.525404

did Ina corner the market on eldritch beings?
I've got a ton of ideas for a character like that but I'm worried bout the idea coming off as unoriginal because of Ina

>> No.525501

>>525404
If you want to go for eldritch, first re-read the entirety of Lovecraft's works. Then, proceed too his inspirations. Only after you have done so will you understand that "eldritch" does NOT mean "tentacles".

>> No.525617

>>525501
Trust me, I'm aware of what eldritch actually entails.
I want to incorporate believable occult elements as well but I'm not too committed to this idea

>> No.525703

>>525617
If you are not committed, then try something else. What other ideas do you have?

>> No.525823

>>525703
the only other idea I had, and actually fleshed out a shit ton, was a Fire/Ice hybrid elemental
I don't want to give too much away but I wrote just about a short story's worth of information about how he was created, where he's from, the culture, etc.

>> No.525864

>>511882
>rich
>connections
>lucky

>> No.525892

>>525823
Go for this instead. Also, get into contact with similar fantasy-themed streamers so you can get help with editing and lore. I suggest kmuf, the talking coffee mug, or Ulner, the knight with a fishbowl head.

>> No.525939

Currently in the process of commissioning artwork to begin my journey. Less interested in being a "vtuber" persay and more interested in using Live2D as a way to represent myself on my niche-topic youtube channel. Not sure if that would count.

>> No.526197
File: 108 KB, 853x1280, IMG_20210212_211657_147.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Behold! Mad/Moiselle Eris is here! ... Almost. In one of her outfits. She's a mad scientisto because I need to let go of my hyperactive ass for at least one hour at day for being satisfied. I'm now working on her 3D model right now and couldn't give any less shits about separating myself from my character. I'm too damn excited, I always dreamed of being some sort of entertainer or idol despite now being way past the idol age, so it's my time to shine and have fun! I'm planning to do drawing and gaming streaming for the greatest part, but also readings and other activities I have planned. I'm up for character design commissions too, just hit me up on twitter (@erischeesecake)

>> No.526383

>>526197
this is a really cool design! you're gonna go for a 3D avatar?
also i don't really care but i don't know how others are about straight up posting your twitter here

>> No.526541

>>525892
Guess I'll do that then
Thanks, anon. I appreciate your advice

>> No.526779

>>526383
Yes, since I find vroid waaay easier than live2D for the time being. I'm planning on modelling/rigging more outfits/hairstyles while streaming, but that will be something for the future.
[Spoiler]Not like I have that many followers I actually care, I'm so much of a nobody no one will ever remind kek[/spoiler]

>> No.526911

>>526779
Chuubanon...

>> No.526960

https://www.holostars.tv/bosyu

for you japan natives

>> No.527058

>>516369
>>521265
I in no way have the credentials to make a serious audition, but acting the part is fun enough for me. Each time I've applied they've actually fully listened to my introduction speech, so it's not complete lost cause. I'd imagine that I serve as a benchmark for what they don't want https://vocaroo.com/195fw3iASkSe

>> No.527108

>>526960
good to see that they're planning on continuing to support the stars still; seeing this gives me hope that they'll eventually get around to doing an EN branch and its nice because it gives me time to push out more content

>> No.527450

on the hololive english application form, what's the difference between:

"Please tell us if you have any other skills/talents that would help you as a streamer (eg. music, drawing, voice acting, audience interaction, etc.)."

and

"In detail, what kind of activities and goals do you want to fulfill as a VTuber?"

they both seem really similar to me

>> No.527471

>>527450
>what skills do you currently have
>what skills will becoming a vtuber enable you to accomplish?

>> No.527495

>Deadline March 26
Welp, guess I'm going to have finish my model by the end of week If i want to a chance to apply

>> No.527512
File: 37 KB, 1097x241, 45124961426660034841.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>527495
>finish my model

>> No.527532

>>527512
Hm so should I just use the PNG of my character and stream like that?

>> No.527544

>>527471
That helps, thank you

>> No.527552

>>527532
You don't have to apply with a model. Unless you just want portfolio content I guess. Make content ASAP

>> No.527560

>>527532
yup. like Mori says, start creating. godspeed, anon

>> No.528049

>>527560
>>527552
Gotcha will do! Quick question where it says "roughly 5 minute long in character self intro" if I did a few quick drawings and tried to do something similar to Kiaras debut stream where there was some lore splashed in, you think thatd be allowed/what they're looking for in their application?

>> No.528484
File: 2.38 MB, 804x450, sea_lion_chases_penguins.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>527450
For example, Mori would answer:
>Rapping and writing lyrics in English and Japanese, composing music, drawing and graphic design, etc.
and
>Releasing an album of original songs as soon as I debut in front of the entire Hololive audience, etc.
>>528049
It's your 5 minute debut. They want to find out what you can do, and what are your ambitions. In the form, you tell them, in the video, you show them. If you can't talk to your monitor for 5 minutes, you can't do it for 2 hours every day. Your would-be viewers could you give you a chance, and test you for even fewer than 5 minutes.

>> No.528569

Anybody want to make a new thread?

>> No.528697

>>528484
>Your would-be viewers could you give you a chance, and test you for even fewer than 5 minutes.
Like people in this thread? Cause I'd be down to do a mock run/video for you guys to help me refine the actual audition video

>> No.529754

>>528569
might as well wait for it to hit page 10 first

>> No.533761

Make a new thread my guys

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action