[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 40 KB, 897x580, brain interface vr valve index 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4462284 No.4462284 [Reply] [Original]

I'm fully aware "Virtual Youtuber" doesn't mean Virtual Reality, nonetheless I think the two spaces benefit each other and are definitely connected and correlated.

As such, what do you think will be Brain Control Interfaces' and VR's impact on v-tubing? With eye tracking and a brain control interface it seems a natural addition to current v-tubing hardware. I imagine you could program some interesting things with BCI technology.
For example, you could have your expression change based on emotion/visual information. Currently available consumer technology can do this to a limited extent. Since these are the early days you'd probably have to map it and it would require focus, but still quite something to consider.

>> No.4462378

>>4462284
You just want to hug your oshi in VR

>> No.4462417

>>4462378
Yes.

>> No.4462524

>>4462378
I'm suicidal and an almost insane humanist romantic. It's more I follow v-tubers for that addiction i have to be sated, that addiction to humanity and understanding it. It's the main reason I find meaning in life. Once I can actually feel their thoughts -- I don't care much what happens afterwards. If I die or lose free will it won't matter much to me. I have had a massive and un ending desire to be more than just my mind from some of my youngest moments as a conscious person.
I would get an implant to be able to know what your mind is like or what an Oshi's mind is like.

>> No.4462579

>>4462378
This is the future. You and 22,000 viewers (minus SEA who cannot afford the tech) will be able to watch your oshi get out of her gamer chair and give the viewers a hug live. "Please watch the next stream!" she whispers as she fades away to a "thanks for watching" message.

>> No.4462663
File: 80 KB, 960x540, 2022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Current timeline is aiming for 2022 release.
BCI technology is already available on the market but this is expected to be a massive improvement.

>> No.4464135
File: 101 KB, 1454x1440, 1620674403365.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4462378
>try to hug waifu in Koikatsu
>feel literally nothing
>inside of me
Only BCI can fix it. Haptics will not be enough for hugging.

>> No.4464501

>>4462284
The whole point of Cover was virtual tracking tech like the stuff used in vr so uh, yeah it’s related

>> No.4465930

>>4464501
i know but a lot has changed. maybe they still have resources dedicated to r&d as well as programming, but they've definitely shifted massively towards recruitment and management over the years.

>> No.4466043

>>4462663
I'm not uptodate on the technology in picrelated.
What can it do and what will we able to do with it?

Will I be able to hug my oshi?

>> No.4466205

>>4466043
ehh
take this with a grain of salt, i mostly spend my life being a sort of jack of all trades, so i'm no master here:
current bci can recognize brain patterns and then use the information to create variables. as an example i can set up a sensor, put a blue meter wide square infront of you, read the unique signals, and create a variable based on when the sensor picks up that same data again, the data of when your brain sees a meter wide blue square.
https://youtu.be/YaOAG7MGwpM
i'm unsure how acurate it is right now, but it needs massive amounts of data to be more accurate. current predictions are the index 2 will ship with BCI essentially not working, but will use the massive data of a massive userbase to make a highly functional bci program.

>> No.4466257

>>4466043
also:
https://youtu.be/tVu-96J6_I0

>> No.4466310
File: 36 KB, 720x765, yqu89nbzlmd41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4466043
>Will I be able to hug my oshi?
No, it only reads basic brain stuff, picrelated.
Also you better to be bald for this kind of tech and lubricate your baldness.

>> No.4466363

Also if anyone wants to read more
https://docs.openbci.com/docs/Welcome
https://galea.co/

>> No.4466445

Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Brain interface is one way: output only. Even then it's fucking shit. Input isn't coming any time soon and BOY will it take a while to reach maturity.

>> No.4466540

>>4466310
well yes but no. the way tech's been moving it may as well be so.
some prominent individuals believe people born today will choose to die or live hundreds of years at the least. for our ancestors the past was something left to imagine and awe at, for us it is our life we will walk into. prepare for such a future because you will likely live it, bar any old anons or anons who are in gang wars or shitty drivers.

>> No.4466564

>>4462579
hey, Singapore is in SEA you know

>> No.4466661

>>4466445
look i won't claim to be the smartest man by calling you wrong but nobody expected self landing rockets in the near future. people criticized the gov saying they were throwing our money away to quack science when we started giving money to spacex.
a lot of things you think impossible in the near future are far from it. we could be on the moon right now if the gov was smarter, if the industry got the proper funding. much like japan who refused to modernize for so long we have been stagnating -- even with all the amazing modern tech we have there is so much more we could've had by now.

the only question is if more visionaries like musk can keep us going. i'm looking forward to our return to the moon by 2023 with a space station around it, but i'm afraid a dumbass president biden will cancel it.

>> No.4466666

Accel World came early.

>> No.4467191

>>4462524
You would absolutely not want to be inside your oshi's mind. Her mind contains all kinds of things you don't hear about on stream. Imagine listening in and her first thought is "I'm glad the viewers don't know I need to take a shit"

>> No.4467403

>>4467191
I want in. I don't know if it's genuine insanity or not but I've found the idea of myself being myself maddening. I want to know the world through another, but also become something beyond myself. I'm okay with... How do I put it... You know clones? How one has to be the real you? Well, if for some reason my consciousness, as in a viewer, could not go into this new global/shared mind, I would be fine with death then and there. But I think it would 'combine'. I want to know others minds even if it means the destruction of myself.

>> No.4468688

>>4467403
based hivemind-enthusiast

>> No.4469291

>>4468688
We all die. May as well enjoy the orgy of humanity before we pass. When you think about it we birth people who share our genetics; in a way we achieve a sort of hivemind through being in many minds, though isolated.
I think if we were able to link up our minds fast enough we could theoretically make the problem of consciousness disappear.

I mean, where am I right now? Yeah, I'm in my "brain" but the brain is pretty massive even without going to the minute levels. Why not something like this on a planetary scale? The time it takes to convey information in my brain is definitely felt -- it takes a moment for our muscles to react and for my eyes to receive and my brain to process -- but it all feels fluid, even if delayed, like memory recall. I see no reason sufficiently advanced technology and biology can't allow me to exist at such a scale that I cannot figure out where I am at a planetary scale, instead of a human brain scale.
Unlike conventional consciousness transfer such a way of transfer would realistically keep 'you' alive I suppose. Maybe it'd be an illusion, one ended as soon as your brain is disconnected, but it would be so convincing an illusion as to make for a painless and incredibly humane instant death, if there is nothing after this.

>> No.4469319

>>4467403
Who's to say this isn't happening right now?
I will tell you a secret:
As of typing, I am the current spectator, by the time you assume conscious control you will be a spectator from either before my time or after. We're already one and the same, just at different points in time, stretched across all thoughts throughout all of history ever considered.

>> No.4469368

>>4469319
So what you're suggesting is that everyone ever is pulling samefag.

>> No.4469725

>>4469319
There's definitely a possibility to it all. Whatever I am seems more important than what others think I am. There's nothing about my biological body which demands more respect than yours, speaking fairly honestly, but whatever is spectating is definitely important. I won't be self absorbed enough to demand it be special to me.
>>4469368
It's a fine proposal. Far too convenient that I exist. We are trapped by conventional wisdom in many ways, yet we know all too well, via common wisdom, that common wisdom cannot be. Accepting consciousness is a rejection of logic and common wisdom. Nothing can exist such as I, it's insanity to claim I exist via organic matter or that I even can exist, if we go by common sense. Yet I think you'd agree I'm not the center of the universe or the most important person.
The whole affair only proves how much farther we have to go and how young and stupid we are as a species. We've far too much confidence right now.

>> No.4482354

>>4462378
Yes

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action