[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 32 KB, 1500x750, 1-7Ei8GaqtB4kvTpeYqaTDDA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
507253 No.507253 [Reply] [Original]

Why do I see people not giving Twitch vtubers a chance? You'll be spoonfed something you say you're looking for or shared some genuinely interesting streamers and you just snub it because it's on Twitch? I legitimately don't understand why.

>> No.507351

Shit userbase, shit culture, terrible archiving, ugly design

But mostly the shit userbase and shit culture

>> No.507380

>You'll be spoonfed something you say you're looking for or shared some genuinely interesting streamers and you just snub it because it's on Twitch?
Yes.

>> No.507384

>>507253
Twitch is a shitty platform. YouTube is shit but at least its uniformly shit across the board. Twitch has selective moderation and that pisses a lot of people off no matter how good the talent is

>> No.507387

>>507351
>Shit userbase, shit culture
It's the same people, retard.

>> No.507397

youtube is more mainstream and viewers thats literally it

>> No.507424

1. Twitch player sucks in my opinion.

Even with the shittiest of ISPs (and let me tell you, my country ISP sucks), I can still watch Youtube Streamers. Twitch on the otherhand still lags even on the lowest quality.

2. There's no way to introduce new viewers via recommendations. You have to search for the streamer yourself

3. Auto deletion of past archives

>> No.507435

Twitch is fucking awful. If they would get their site working correctly 100% of the time then I may use it but otherwise I don't see the point.

>> No.507437

>>507351
>terrible archiving

This for sure. The rest of your critiques are bunk.

>> No.507439

>>507253
I hate it because a.) Twitch staff lets literal camwhores do whatever because they're thirsty creeps and they don't enforce the rules evenly at all. also because b.) The chat is cancerous

>> No.507447

They've been making it a pain in the ass to block ads and the entire streamer base is terrified of archiving their videos in case someone plays a melody that Twitch's DMCA system detects and bans

>> No.507455
File: 14 KB, 487x407, 1608910816238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Twitch is much better for indies. YT only if you have a big company behind you.

>> No.507459

>>507437
>>507387
t. pogchamp and omegalul spammers

>> No.507461

>>507351
This. And Twitch bans subs and streamers indiscriminately. Fuck Twitch

>> No.507466

>>507253
Vtubers in Twitch are just failed streamers with sub-10 viewers trying to bait people with lame models. Seriously, almost all of the ones I've stumbled with are just "literally me if I was an anime girl". Not even a voice changer is used, most of them have deep as fuck male voices posing as anime girls.

Worst of all, they're bad at videogames, they can't even do that right.

>> No.507475

>>507253
Twitch is only popular because it came first, there is literally no other redeeming quality to the average person other than it came first. Youtube wasn't beating it at first because they couldn't advertise streamers to the public at all, they fixed that and now they are 10x better in every aspect.

>> No.507476
File: 1.49 MB, 1659x647, firefox_2021-02-11_23-09-17.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507424
>There's no way to introduce new viewers via recommendations. You have to search for the streamer yourself

what?

>> No.507485

>>507461
And the YT AI bot bans vtubers left and right, your point?

>> No.507505

I didn't feel like going to the trouble of fighting twitch anti-adblock measures. I just left the platform.

>> No.507511

>>507253
Twitch has unblockable ads
Youtube doesn't have unblockable ads

There's your answer.

>> No.507546

>>507476
Huh.

I take that back then.

The only Vtuber that was once recommended to me was Merryweather and that was because he was playing Yugioh, other than that nada.

>> No.507562

>>507476
>hidden feature that you have to search for yourself versus something that is an integral part of the site's design

>> No.507595
File: 22 KB, 1130x900, 1592158521881.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507485
>defending twitch

>> No.507606
File: 65 KB, 848x900, 1583309845636.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507253
>Why do I see people not giving Twitch vtubers a chance?
Because 98% of posters on this board are holobronies. They don't care about vtubing. Just their corporation.

>> No.507625

>>507485
YT bot bans can be easily reverted even if you have tokeep them pestering for a weekn until a human finally reads your emails

People are manually banned from twitch for the most absurd reasons, not to mention that mods seem to apply the rules selectively

>> No.507626
File: 422 KB, 1092x909, 28ff91bc38.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507466
>Vtubers in Twitch are just failed streamers with sub-10 viewers trying to bait people with lame models

What are you even talking about? There's a few babiniku sure (I can think of 5 off the top of my head) but this is the type of person I mean. Tons of mid/higher viewer count vtubers that this board doesn't even seem to know about just because they're on Twitch and you're misinformed about the site and streamers to begin wtih.

>> No.507647

>>507476
> Meat Toilet Simulatoe!
> Peepo Pog WOW!
Wow, I'm really missing out.

>> No.507651

>>507562
Hidden features typically aren't on the first page at the very top.

>> No.507676

>>507459
I'm so sorry that your laptop got to hot and burned you from all of the spam anon.

>> No.507687

>>507647
Wasn't Mayoi a youtube streamer? I remember seeing them with Natsumi Moe and that group.

>> No.507705
File: 466 KB, 720x722, 1i2989if0ie51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507606
More like we don't want w*stern garbage polluting the scene with faggots that insist on using he/she/they/xir pronouns and shoving politics in entertainment.

>> No.507720

idk i dont mind it, i find more fun people on twitch but more "serious" traditional vtubers on youtube. just dedpends what youre in the mood for. most people put vtuber in their title though so you can just search that, its what i do

>> No.507726

is the fucking spam man, if the chat wasn't that bad I'll use twitch
And the archives.

>> No.507733 [DELETED] 

:POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD:

>> No.507753

>>507606
>All people in this thread are holobronies

>mfw the vtubers that got me back into the rabbit hole after the Kizuna Ai fiasco were Japanese indies

>> No.507768 [DELETED] 

:PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :POGCHAMP:

>> No.507790

>>507726
That spam is pretty much just reserved for the biggest of big streamers. I don't even watch Silvervale, but her chat seems pretty much just chat, not emote spam.

>> No.507793 [DELETED] 

:KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :4HEAD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA: :KAPPA: :OMEGALUL: :TRIHARD: :POGCHAMP: :PEPEGA:

>> No.507807

>>507351
Enough about Youtube. What about Twitch?

>> No.507830

>>507705
yet you constantly talk about china even when it's not relevant

>> No.507833

>>507705
Don't use a Holobrony image when responding to accusations of being a Holobrony.

>> No.507835
File: 452 KB, 592x718, wowsomuchspam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

70 viewer streamer. Can you show me the spam, I think I'm missing it.

>> No.507852

Because the users are mostly 12 year old frogposters spamming pepes in chat nonstop

>> No.507898
File: 109 KB, 500x370, play it faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: people who never actually ever try to use twitch but shits on it anyways

>> No.507901

>>507830
What does that have to do with anything? I'm not a vtuber talking about politics
>>507833
>muh accusations

>> No.507930
File: 315 KB, 598x734, morespam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507835
Bigger streamer, still not seeing the constant mass spamming of emotes. Weird...

>> No.507978

>>507930
>pepes an omegaluls
Yeah, fuck that shit

>> No.507982
File: 453 KB, 607x781, weird.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507930
One of the bigger streamers. Not a vtuber but works well to prove a point. STILL not seeing the spam, so odd.

>> No.508002

>>507253
1. Ads can't be blocked on twitch

2. Archives are more accessible in youtube, superior site.

3. Hololive is in youtube, Im very much mental filtering every other vtubers that isn't hololive because the entire genre has gotten so saturated that its best not to keep up while being busy at college.

4. twitch is a fucking wasteland populated by retards who:
can't demonstrate human decency,
has the mind of a fucking mob,
uses twitch emotes to everything like the fucking reason they are.

5. the first time I have witnessed a funny woman was in hololive and im blown away by that fact.

>> No.508033

>>507978
emoji on YT are so much better right? It's the same shit faggot, you can filter it if it triggers your snowflake ass that hard

>> No.508073

>>507982
>>507930
>>507835
Anon, I could too cherrypick 3 screenshots of pepe spam if I wanted too

Twitch chat is a fucking dumpster fire and everyone knows it

>> No.508097

>>508033
>snowflake
Go back to your board, tourist

>> No.508106

>>508073
Cherry pick? EVERY single chat I went to was like that, these are fresh screenshots. The emote spam comes in as a reaction to an exciting moment, as it should be, and then its gone. Unless you're just massive and dont really do chat interaction at all, which most VTubers do, then you have a pretty normal chat. Yes people use emotes but its rarely that bad.

>> No.508129

>>508073
Anon, I could too cherrypick 3 screenshots of YT never promoting livestreams if I wanted too

Youtube as a streaming service is a fucking dumpster fire and everyone knows it

>> No.508163

>>508002
>uses twitch emotes to everything like the fucking reason they are

The fact that actual grown up people, and I mean late 20s and early 30s, say pog or monka out loud or whatever new word they invent every week is plain sickening.

>> No.508183

>>508129
As a streaming service? Yes

As a Video sharing site? It mogs Twitch.

There's a reason why even the biggest Streamers in Twitch posts their highlights on Youtube.

>> No.508298

>>508002
>can't demonstrate human decency,
>has the mind of a fucking mob,
>uses twitch emotes to everything like the fucking reason they are.
So it's basically exactly like 4chan?

>> No.508312

For me Youtube is better for planned in advance livestreams with some time schedule.
Twitch on the other hand is more chill for random livestream without any planning.
>>507424
>with the shittiest of ISPs ([...]), I can still watch Youtube Streamers. Twitch on the otherhand still lags even on the lowest quality.

Can confirm that, twitch is so fucking heavy if your internet sucks, I couldn't watch even on the lowest res before I had optifiber and was still on the DSL
Also, I remember how one trap covered this topic very well, if you're chuuba it's fucking hard to start your fanbase on the twitch, their discovery system sucks ass, on youtube there's still hope for algorithm, and videos are better archived.
Don't get me wrong anons, I hated Twitch for all these "exdee pogchamp monkaS LUL" spamming faggots too, but nowadays I see it mostly depends on the streamer fanbase, not the whole site, there's decency in some.
Not a big fan of all "hype train" mechanics etc tho.

>> No.508380

I don't care what you twitchfags say, twitch recommendations fucking suck. Absolutely garbage. It's a complete gamble for finding a good streamer. Every streamer I have watched on twitch I found first on another platform, usually Youtube.

>> No.508395

>>507253
twitch is always seen as a platform for latest esports, tourneys and the like. this means people will always get the impression that it's not a good place for small time streamers.

it's good for gaming and movies, but getting more views is the issue

>> No.508422
File: 914 KB, 1200x675, 1-eki3YlGwBVjY-6yHkroPyQ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>508312
>Not a big fan of all "hype train" mechanics etc tho.
I can sorta get behind this. Twitch "culture", if you can call it that, has conditioned viewers to open their wallets heavily. While it's purely driven by greed, it does present more opportunities and rewards (badges, emotes, titles, other superficial shit) to incentivize people to support their streamer, and by extension twitch.

I'm not 100% sure on Youtube's cut for Superchats, but if you wanted to give a streamer 50 bucks you'd be spending 65, assuming you do it through twitch's currency system and not a direct Streamlabs donation to the streamer.

>> No.508451

>>507705
shoulda thought about it before you company released en

>> No.508468

>>507253
I'll watch a twitchtuber if she's really, really good, but Youtube is a far better platform in every respect.

>> No.508512

>>507253
didnt notice this til i saw someone in an abigail thread that was shocked she noticed their follow. i think theres just a big disconnect and people not willing to give it a chance

>> No.508650

>>508298
I havent experienced 4chan to its fullest extent, so may be right.

>> No.508693

>>507459
Nobody fucking reads chat anyway. It moves so fast it is nothing but spam. YouTube chats are the same fucking way when you have enough viewers. Chat is just for people to jerk themselves off to thinking they're talking to their streamer. Of the hundreds of comments that fly by maybe one or two get noticed and commented on.

>>507606
I'm a VShojofag and while some of the critiques in here on Twitch are off base or exaggerated there are quite a few that aren't and a few that I can think of that haven't been mentioned yet.

But YouTube still isn't the better place to stream. They're way behind Twitch on features and while Twitch's TOS are obnoxious and fucked and applied nonuniformly, YouTube strikes are arguably worse in how harsh a punishment they can be. Actually both are pretty fucked on certain things. The one advantage YouTube seems to have is that a wider variety of music can be utilized relatively safely whereas Twitch is DMCA hell.

>> No.508707

>>508422
Twitch culture is a fucking cancer and something that I have noticed in Youtube is that there's no real general culture, every streamer has their own rules and audience who behave in their own way, except for the Twitch rejects who try to bring their trash into those streams, and that makes Youtube infinitely superior.

>> No.508749

Maybe I'm retarded, but how do you actually find new indie vtuber youtube streamers? Most of the recommendations for vtuber stuff I see are just archive/clip channels and the streams I get recommended are for channels whose streams I've already watched

>> No.508795

>>508749
Just look at recommended. Sometimes they pop up as ads; sometimes they get recommended.

My current indie oshi just popped up in my recommended one day.

>> No.508908

>>507982
>Followers-Only chat
Yeah, I wonder why

>> No.508919

>>508749
>type vtuber into search bar
>click filter and set results to "Live"
>scroll down

>> No.508966

>>508908
Shhhh

>> No.508982
File: 295 KB, 1040x1422, search.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>508749
Depends. Put keywords in the search bar and change the filters to "channel" and you'll find endless amounts of channels. Maybe don't use a broad word like "indie" like I did in the example, but you get the idea.

>> No.509039

>>508919
>>508982
Thanks anons

>> No.509312

>>508422
>I'm not 100% sure on Youtube's cut for Superchats

I'm not either but I have heard it is pretty friggin' high. Patreon support is still better.

>> No.509390

>>508512
PrayersfromAbigail is still pretty small so followers are still appreciated more often. Once streamers start getting into the tens to hundreds of k's of followers noting every follow becomes a lot harder.

LunaTheMagikarp has a cute little follow music alert that plays which is a snippet of the CanCan song but with "Magikarp" replacing the words (like this: https://youtu.be/fEviol7c_I4 ) and she will sing the words for every follow. When she gets raided the poor dear is singing that song for 10 minutes as the alerts catch up.

>> No.509478

>>508908
>Followers-Only chat
>Yeah, I wonder why

Following on Twitch just requires you click a button. It is akin to subscribing on YouTube. Subscriber-only chat on Twitch is more what you're thinking.

>> No.509958
File: 146 KB, 238x216, 1613025358193.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507447
>the entire streamer base is terrified of archiving their videos in case someone plays a melody that Twitch's DMCA system detects and bans
this
it's fucking retarded

>> No.510089

>>507253
because hololive -> big numbers. Most people are numberfags in general and they join a big established community instead of exploring new things.

>> No.510106

>>507253
I fucking hate twitch culture, it's almost as bad as reddit

>> No.510129

>>507447
>>509958
>Twitch's DMCA system
lol, that's not how the DMCA works but ok

>> No.510175

>>510089
It has nothing to do with numbers, twitch culture is just pure ass cancer

>> No.510245

>>510175
You don't get "twitch culture" in smaller streams unless the streamer's encouraging it.

>> No.510470

>>510175
This "twitch culture" that you youtube fags talk so fucking much does not exist. what exists is Forsen twitch chat culture, xQc twitch chat culture, etc ....
It's really easy spotting youtubefags like you.

>> No.510603

>>510245
That's irrelevant, to the average joe who only knows about twitch from bigger irl streamers, twitch chat is nothing but pepe and pog spam as demonstrated by this thread, that's why most people are hesitant to watch a twitch vtuber.

>> No.510864

>>510470
>what exists is Forsen twitch chat culture, xQc twitch chat culture, etc
Define their differences then? What are the properties one has that the other doesn't that makes them wholly unique to each other that they couldn't be encompassed into a single "twitch culture"?

>> No.511204

>>510864
What is the difference between Annoying Orange and anybody in Hololive? What are the properities one has that the other doesn't that makes them wholly unique to each other that they couldn't be encompassed into a singe "youtube culture"?

>> No.511233

>>511204
nice goalpost retard

>> No.511258

>>511204
Good job proving to me that you couldn't.

>> No.511310

>>508097
T.snowflake

>> No.511339

Twitch is full of cancel culture retards that shut down streamers arbitrarily. YouTube has better functionality for content creators, despite the streaming service still being a hacked together mess after all of these years.

>> No.511519
File: 30 KB, 509x371, 1583248179654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there are people in this thread right now that think YT is a better streaming service than twitch

don't get me wrong, YT keeps taking steps in the right direction, but there is too much catching up to do. until some mass exodus of biggest twitch streamers due to even more bad decisions by twitch happens, YT will always be behind as far as the "go-to platform for streaming" goes
YT livestream viewer UX is so fucking cancerous due to the player's size, since you either watch it like a regular YT video or full screen. one is just bad, and the other doesn't 't let you see the chat. and man, the chat is just fucking sad to look at, everyone feels like a 9 year old just saying random things, thinking the streamer will read their message. chat is an important part of livestreaming, so YT should improve that sooner rather than later.

the discoverability of streamers is non-existent

i really wish that clueless people like >>510129
>>510864
didn't even speak on this topic

>> No.511537
File: 51 KB, 284x292, SmartSelect_20210212-002458_Brave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Keyed and locked in

>> No.511575

Because they're all EN shit

>> No.511599

>>511519
If you think that Twitch has a "DMCA system [that] detects and bans" then you are actually retarded. They have a system for muting sections of VODs that they detect has copyrighted content and they have shitty handling of DMCA takedowns by copyright holders, but they do not have a "DMCA system". What a fundamental misunderstanding of how the DMCA works. Fuck off.

>> No.511635

>>511519
Enlighten us then? You keep acting smug and condescending and yet you can't even answer >>510864 properly.

>> No.511676

>>511519
>the discoverability of streamers is non-existent
>>508919

>> No.511718

>>511676
that is basically non-existent for the 99% of people who are never going to do that

>> No.511737

twitch is better for smaller communities
It offers a lot more for smaller streamers, and even though affiliate is a trap, they can still leave any time and move platforms

youtube is only good if there's an established large fanbase, but even then, it's all just superchat bullshit

>> No.512097

>>507253
Twitch staff are the biggest fucking subhuman degenerate animal fucking furry pedophile autistic white knighting simp troonfucking gay scumbags on the planet and if Jap vtubers ever join and start dominating the platform I wouldn't be surprised if they randomely start banning them to appease the cancel culture faggots on twitter who hate anime tits so they can jerk each other off over their virtue signaling. Dealing with the youtube ai is infinitely more preferable.

>> No.512194

>>511676
>the discoverability of streamers is non-existent
>shows otherwise
>i-it doesn't count!
Fucking twitch cocksuckers I swear

>> No.512478
File: 23 KB, 672x434, D56JOwtXkAExNSy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507476
>ThatOneRebel
Oh my...

>> No.512525

>>512478
Nevermind, I regret looking I up.

>> No.512594

>>507253
Twitch is generally easier to stream on, but they refuse to add the #vtuber tag, banned the word "simp" (which is kinda key to vtuber lingo), don't give much control over archives, and have a lot of odd arbitrary rules that are hard to avoid violating (so does Youtube, but at least he Susan AI tells you if you're demonetized before you upload, and more groups and popular users are much more apt to come to your rescue, should a human ban you).

So yeah, what he said. >>507351

>> No.512608

money wise youtube is better assuming you have the same view on twitch and youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGvfYv5nzs0
Toosl wise twitch is better and lets you have mnore control over your content. But discoverability tools are ass and recomendationsa re all over the place.
However the recent twitch and ads debacle just show how inmature the platfrom and they will go the route of youtube sooner or later becasue the platform aint making money and the more it grows the more succeptible to dmca and copyright laws and will see a need of more agressive ads. Like youtube.

>> No.512664

>>507726
youtube chat is the exact same

>> No.512743

>>508919
>>507562

>> No.512766

The chat is so heavy on YT. Clap spam fucking lags out my streams and I have decent internet. I don't get that on twitch unless bttv gif spam happens.

>> No.512775

>>507726
This. The twitch chat is so much aids. It's like a bunch of autistic children seeing who can scream the loudest by spamming overused emotes and unfunny pastas. "Ooga booga, streamer did le epic fail KEKW KEKW" "Ooh ooh aah aah, streamer did le epic win POG POG POG", it's probably why viewbotting is a thing on twitch, because you can't differentiate normal chat from a botted one. Or if the streamer has TTS donations on it's just people trying to one up each other to see who can send a more unfunny donation message. Sure there's some of that on YT as well due to overlapping audiences, but generally there are a lot more comprehensible messages that the streamer can actually interact with.

>> No.512793

>>507253
Community from management to users is cancer
Features like raids sound like hell
It lacks ability to upload things like song covers or highlights
But most importantly: I am not using that ugly-ass site for one or two VTubers, I would never be able to catch their streams live

>> No.512795

>>510603
>twitch chat is nothing but pepe and pog spam as demonstrated by this thread
that was not demonstrated in this thread, all I see are the screenshots proving the opposite

>> No.512837

>>511599
they do have a DMCA system, have you ever tried filing a DMCA claim?
Every major site will have one to protect themselves from lawsuits

>> No.512853

>>512594
simp is still allowed on twitch, you just can't say it in a harassing way

>> No.512873

>>512793
raids are great because they allow a large audience to all be introduced to a new streamer at once

>> No.512883

>>507253
To me it is just very inconvenient.
A big part of the vtuber experience is having stream archives and clips/compilations being suggestedin your feed, which leads you to find new chuubas.
That doesn't happen in Twitch. You kinda have to seek every vtuber individually.
So for me you either stream of Youtube, or don't exist at all

>> No.512987

>>511599
>>510129
lol calm down

>> No.513332

>>512883
>Live channels we think you’ll like
>Recommended smaller communities
>Recommended [games that I watch regularly] channels
I just discovered 20 new vtubers without even leaving the front page.

>> No.513348

>>512775
Meh, Twitch chat is basically a roaring audience, once you reach a certain number. It's kind of endearing, but yeah, unless you got a TTS dono, impossible to address individually, much like a crowd at a rock concert.

Nonetheless, if a streamer gets stuck in a game, or some such, generally they can ask chat, and get some variant of the same answer some 1000 times, so there's at least that level of interaction. Generally, big streamers keep their Discord or a small group of DM's in another window off-screen to help them out as well, and can indirectly credit chat with any help it gives.

Chat is basically an emotional gauge and puppy dog to tease, as is any massive audience.

>> No.513706

>>507447
>They've been making it a pain in the ass to block ads
You can bet your ass that youtube will do the same soon. Ads are where a lot of their money comes from.

>> No.513810

>>512873
You actually think people still stay once the streamer signifies they will end the stream?

>> No.513911

>>513810
Raids on Twitch work pretty well in practice.
Of course part of the viewers leave before the raid happens and another part leaves shortly after the raid, but some people always stay around. I have discovered streamers through raids that I now watch on a regular basis.

>> No.513945

>>513810
Having them check the stream out even for a minute or two and giving some exposure is better than having none at all. A raided channel getting even at least 1-2% of the raid crowd to stay and watch is a huge deal.

>> No.513974

>>507459
ame was a twitch streamer before joining hololive

>> No.513987

>>513911
>>513945
The raided channel usually gets a decent amount of follows as well

>> No.514057

>>512775
Chat is ALWAYS a reflection of the streamer. Forsen chat is probably one of the most cancer-infested places on the internet, but that's because he promotes that shit.
I have seen plenty of bigger streamers with nice chats on Twitch, like Synderen, Vinesauce or Lifecoach.

>> No.514125

>>514057
>Lifecoach
The dude bans 90% of people who type any remotely dumb shit in chat, which honestly might be the best approach.

>> No.514178

>>507466
>>507626
Is view count what separates a male with an anime girl avatar being bad from a good one? If the models were really good but the voice still unapologetically male, no trans shit and no attempt to be unclear about their gender, does that still count as bait? I think some people just find it a better looking alternative to a facecam.

>> No.514310 [SPOILER] 
File: 118 KB, 402x360, 1613129164376.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507351
>terrible archiving
This is a serious problem. There's so many past streams of certain chuubas that I simply can't view because of this. Anyone who streams on Twitch should upload their VODs to a backup Youtube account for this exact reason, otherwise all of their shit will be lost to time.
CEO-sama, please upload your game streams...

>> No.514434

>>514310
>Anyone who streams on Twitch should upload their VODs to a backup Youtube account for this exact reason
Most of them do, but for some retarded reason a few streamers don't.

>> No.514733

>>507253
To be quite honest. If a streamer does not pop up in my YouTube recommendations I am not going to watch them. I use YouTube's recommendations to pick what I want to watch and build up a queue of the next videos I want to watch. If I see a stream I want to watch I can even have it send me a notification when it starts so I do not forget. If you do not at least multistream to YouTube I am just not going to ever be able to find your stream.

>> No.514892

Is there some unspoken rule about simulcasting to both platforms, some worry over splitting the audience/attention or something?

>> No.514932

>>507455
Perfectly opposite, if you are starting out on Twitch, nobody will ever find you. The only way anyone ever will is it they happen to want to watch the game you are playing and for some reason decide to choose the lowest viewed stream instead of the highest.

>> No.514952

>>514892
The affiliate/partner agreement on Twitch prohibits it, but you can do it if you're not affiliate. Not sure if there are similar rules on youtube's side.

>> No.515002

>>514952
Twitch is the only platform that does this (which is why being affiliate is kind of a scam).

>> No.515012

>>514932
that's why YouTube is better for small streamers, you can upload videos that will still draw new viewers in for years or months after it's been uploaded

>> No.516096

>>515012
You can just stream on Twitch and then upload the VODs to Youtube to achieve the same thing. Twitch literally has a button to effortlessly do exactly that.

>> No.516606

>>508749
I check the recommended section on youtube. Sometimes use a filter but when I have enough time and feel like it, I go the autism route.
https://virtual-youtuber.userlocal.jp/document/ranking

>> No.517148

>>507253
I find the constant notifications and interruptions anytime a viewer does anything too offputting
Like how Ironmouse stops whatever she's doing to sing and dance that 'Tariki taka ti' song everyone someone pays for it

>> No.517209

>>516096
>you can achieve the same effect by usimg both Twitch and Youtube
Then just use fucking Youtube

>> No.517286

>>507461
>And Twitch bans subs and streamers indiscriminately

You act like this doesn't happen on Youtube constantly

>> No.517536

>>517286
It's a bit more automated and indifferent on Youtube, usually only real big streamers get personal attention, lest you're constantly riding the edge of TOS and someone reports you. If you're uploading video, Youtube also has mechanisms to warn you BEFORE you screw up.

Copyright strikes are a bigger problem on Youtube, historically, since there are outfits basically making money through copyright strikes on Youtube, but they've cleaned that up, somewhat.

In both cases, however, bans are usually temporary.

>> No.518197

>>517209
Or you could gain an audience from both sites instead of arbitrarily cutting your potential exposure in half just because you have an autistic hateboner for a specific website

>> No.518230

>>517209
>Then just use fucking Youtube
Twitch has certain qualities that youtube doesn't have. More moderation tools. Arguably a better viewer experience through features like easy instant clip making for everyone and a pop out player. An average twitch viewer is also more profitable than an average youtube viewer because of twitch prime being included in amazon prime, many viewers have a "free" subscription to throw at their favorite streamer because they have amazon prime for reasons unrelated to twitch, like prime video.

>> No.518233

What about Dlive?

>> No.518409

ITT: twitch kids mad as fuck they're seen as cancer by the internet at large

>> No.518483

>>518409
Outside of the holo discussion circles I see way more shitting on youtube as a platform than I see shitting on twitch as a platform. Everyone agrees that large twitch chats can get pretty fucking cancerous if the streamer doesn't put that down with an iron fist, even twitch users know that.

>> No.518512

>>507253
because most of them are just trying to cash in on a trend knowing damn well that some underage schizo will probably steal their moms credit card to give them money.... does this thread even need to be made?

>> No.518595

>>518233
What about ShittyStreamSiteThat3PeopleUse.com?

>> No.518748

>>507253
Twitch has something that YouTube doesn't.

Gift subs. YT doesn't let you gift memberships to people, so for those that actually do well with those, they'd lose out a lot by going to YT.

Twitch also has the clips but YT is implementing that soon.

>> No.518988

>>513974
gonna need proof or your pulling it your ass

>> No.519007

>>507476
Theoryarc plays blazblue if any of you are fightanfags.

>> No.519116

>>518748
>Youtube doesn't have clips

>Youtube

>clips

>> No.519183

>>508422
Twitch's cut is massive if you aren't a partner, it's why most sane people use streamlabs.
If you are small, youtube is definitely better since it's 30% while twitch can get up to 50% cut from the subscription.

>> No.519198

>>519116
He means built-in clipping tools, but yeah he's still retarded

>> No.519251

>>519116
What button do you press on youtube to create a clip of the stream you're watching?
That anon is not talking about clipper channels uploading clips as videos. Twitch has inbuilt functionality for everyone where you can press a button during a stream and instantly create a clip of the stream you're watching.

>> No.519362

>>519116
>people who argue that twitch is shit know so little about the platform that they don't even understand what people are talking about

>> No.519365

>>519198
>>519251
>>519116
It's still being tested out:
https://dotesports.com/streaming/news/how-to-clip-videos-on-youtube-gaming

>> No.519409

>>519365
It's nice to see it coming to youtube. It's honestly a great feature.

>> No.519412

>>518988
>asking to be spoonfed
go back nigger

>> No.519479

>>507753
>rabbit hole

>> No.520075

>>507930
That model, nightmare fuel

>> No.520453

Twitch for live streaming (games).
Youtube for archive and uploading videos.

>> No.521395

>>508749
Search vtuber and sort by “live”

>> No.522644

If I want JP indies, I go to YouTube. If I want EN indies, I go to twitch. Each has their downside: one has a chat full of Brazillians, one has a culture of e-thots.

>> No.523052

>>522644
Well at least with youtube I can always just close the chat window. Can't do that with twitch's culture.

>> No.523176

>>507647
lmao.

>> No.523283

I'm considering making my Vtuber start. I figure I'd just multicast with OBS to both Twitch and YT, but the patrician choice is of course, PeerTube. Their livestreaming support is new so I don't expect parity, but they're open in every way, can't be censored, and generally worth supporting. Hell, I'm considering hosting my own PeerTube server if things go well.

>> No.523392

>>513706
The people that don't use adblock vastly outnumber those that do. Youtube doesn't need to worry if even 5-10% of its viewerbase blocks ads as the rest of that 90% don't.

>> No.523593

>>507253
"Vtuber" - it's in the name, it's like going to the house of that poor kid at school and seeing they only have Hydrox instead of Oreos, just ugh

>> No.523701

>>523392
So? If they can implement measures to get those 5-10% to see their ads too then they will. They're a business. If there's a way to make more money then they will.

>> No.523713

I don't think Twitch is bad, but I barely open it. Maybe it's because I also care about the clips / archiving. I also really don't like the Twitch streaming culture, with on-screen donation pop ups, text-to-speech reading so the Streamer doesn't have to consciously pay attention to them, emoticon spam and "Biggest Donation of the day / month / lifetime total", on-screen sub counter and really all the personalities I associate with it. Now some of these things probably do not apply to Twitch, but my issue is that this is the association I have with the whole site. Lastly, I don't only want streamer recommendations, I want to be able to check clips and translations by other channels.
>>513974
That'd be a Rule 2 violation. But technically, so is what the person you're responding to wrote.
>>508183
To be fair, that's simply because of people who use YT but not Twitch, and because it's easy to port a clip / VOD from Twitch to YT (but not the other way around, since you can't just have a channel that never streams and only uploads vods)
>>507833
>holobrony
A what now?

>> No.523761

>>507387
>It's the same people, retard.
you've never been to twitch or what?

>> No.523790

>>523283
>but the patrician choice is of course, PeerTube
Hey, fellow Peertuber!

>> No.524533

>>523790

There are literally dozens of us! No, but seriously its a growing platform and if people get behind it properly, its a fix for every bullshit issue that comes from Twitch, YouTube and other big companies and long with crypto-predicated bullshit on so called alternatives like LBRY (Oh you want to send a $1 tip to someone? Well, hope you have $50 in ETH 'gas' to pay for it) and similar garbage.

>> No.525051

>>511599
It is a "DMCA system" because it exists to accommodate the DMCA.

>> No.525109

>>524533
Link me your channel.

>> No.525361

>>525109
>>524533
And do you use any of the other Fediverse services?

>> No.525378

>>507384
So does youtube

>> No.525559

>>523052
Not only can you close Twitch chat too, unlike Youtube it actually remembers your setting. So you only ever have to close it once on one stream and then you never have to see it on any stream ever again.

>> No.525996

>>525109
>>525361

I've not yet created my VTuber channel; need to decide on a few things and commission a decent avatar (or start with a placeholder mildly edited I supposed).

I do use a few other Fediverse services, yeah. I plan to add a "Vtuber identity" account on them as well when I create it all mostly around the same time. I use Mastodon/Pleroma, I'll probably use a Friendica account for my avatar etc, maybe a Pixelfed for screencaps if necessary etc... all besides a PeerTube for streaming and video. Ideally I'd like to also use Matrix for my chat community (ie Element client etc) instead of Discord, but I'm not sure if its viable to start that way or not. Overall I want to make Fediverse stuff preferable but at least to start I'll also need to have conventional botnet social stuff too.

>> No.526022

>>512883
You could always do both. Watch clips on YouTube (because almost every streamer on Twitch either has an archive or clip channel there or other clippers leach off the streamers to make money) and then go find them on Twitch. This "either or" argument is utterly retarded. Both platforms have their uses as they were intended: YouTube for archiving and watching videos and Twitch for streaming. YouTube will catch up to the streaming power of Twitch eventually but for now it is still inferior for both streamer and viewer. Twitch has a lot of flaws that will eventually be its undoing but for now it still is better.

>> No.526200

>>517148
She can turn those off. She leaves them on because it does promote audience participation. They sometimes get obnoxious, especially if new people come around that just want to play around with it, but most of the streamer's audience know when to use them and when not. You won't see them used when she's actually singing for example or when watching videos. It is the timing of them that makes them the most fun and the audience knows that. Playing a horror game? Wait until she's immersed and do the "screamer" noise. Finished singing? The "applause" noise. Some kind of minor inconvenience crops up? Play "RIP". They can get out of control at times but most of the time chat knows when to do them and when not. Zen's chat has become fucking masters at it.

>> No.526221

>>507253
Youtube is funposting idiots
Twitch is a daycare full of the mentally ill, I don't need a filter for Youtube unlike Twitch and the shitty faggot emote spam from organized mentally-ill Discords

>> No.526250

youtbe: thanks for the superchat!
twitch: lol poggers

>> No.526273

>>525996
Once you get those all set up, let me know!

>> No.526297

>>519183
If that's true then it is good but are YouTube's version of subscriptions even promoted? I see buttons that say "join" but they seem virtually underutilized. Like 90% of YouTube's features such as the community feature which was completely ignored until the Spiffing Brit pointed out how easily you can manipulate the fuck out of that for exposure.

>> No.526299

>>507253
fuck twitch ads. i dont want to press a fuck ton of buttons just to avoid the ads. youtube+ublock is king

>> No.526375

>>526297
>but are YouTube's version of subscriptions even promoted? I see buttons that say "join" but they seem virtually underutilized.

>why isn't youtube revealing to content creators that they can use community engaging tools to exploit their discoverability algorithm?
gee, i wonder why, anon

>> No.526385

>>523392
There's another thing that needs to be considered regarding YouTube and anything financial: they're owned by Google and YT is not profitable at all and instead makes a shit ton of money on user info. YouTube may not give a damn if they're bleeding 100m vs 90-95m. Amazon may not have the same attitude towards Twitch profitability.

>> No.526550

>>525996
There is nothing wrong with starting out as a PNG-tuber until you get your avatar. Creating content and getting yourself out there to build up a following is more important for your long term prospects than getting your toon first. Follow Mori's advice! Get out there and do it.

>> No.526586

>>507253
Because twitch, somehow, manages to be even worse than Jewtube.

>> No.526603

>>526250
>youtbe: thanks for the superchat!
>twitch: lol poggers

You even have people saying that it is annoying that the streamer has to stop and thank the people for the donos in this very fucking thread and yet you posted that shit. Jesus Christ.

>> No.526642

>>526603
pogchamp pogchamp ooooooh fucking rekt pogger pogger monkachamp

>> No.526974

>>507253
twitch is a better live streaming service and provides a superior chat experience with the addition of bttv/ffz. youtube is vastly superior for vods and archives. twitch is also a lot shittier with ads and now equally shitty in terms of DMCA.

>> No.527250

>>526550
>>526273

I suppose I'd have to even get an identifying PNG really, wouldn't I? I'm an oldfag here so I was under the impression that starting without a camera, an avatar etc.. something to identify you as a broadcaster is basically not valid any longer (unless maybe if you're making long form video essays - and even that is a gamble).

>> No.530579

>>519183
a good Twitch streamer will make more than a good youtube streamer most of the time just because twitch is good at jewing people into spending their cash on streamers

>> No.530645

I can watch a 4k 90 fps stream on Youtube but twitch struggles to stream at 360p for me.

>> No.530788

>>526603
>waifu does lewd shit
KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm
Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa
KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm KreyGasm

>> No.531119

>>527250
Where are you in the process of getting your vtuber avatar? Have you designed your model yet at all?

>> No.531776

>>526375
The exploit is actually a result of Google's inability to properly promote the features in the first place. Very few people actually used community features regularly, but instead of pointing out the features and showing why anybody should bother using them, Google just upped the priority in the algorithm to make the features seem more popular.
The exploit only existed after Google gave up on properly promoting the features. Community features were pretty much only good for communicating with your subscribers before then.

>> No.532255

>>507253
I gave the twitch community a chance when Artia started streaming there. Artia's chat was just petia, pogchamp and kappa spam. Watched other vtubers and what a surprise most of them turned out to be fake, cliquey, and "wholesome". Some of the bigger vtuber's fanbases like the science team are pure cancer. You have to wade through so much garbage to find a decent en vtuber like Nina, which most people won't bother to do.

>> No.532395 [DELETED] 

The best way to put it simply for me I am on Youtube watching stuff already so when I see someone like Hololive live I am more inclined to click on it cause I am generally watching videos on Youtube it is not a big deal for me to watch them live

I have to go to twitch with the SOLE intention to watch someone live when I don't as streamers like that I only do it on Youtube as aforementioned I am already wasting time watching random vids watching them live when I see it on the side is just the natural progression of browsing Youtube

>> No.532826

>>531119

I've fucked around a little with VRoidStudio (not sure if I want to go VRM or Live2D. I do NOT have the artistic ability especially to do Live2D style drawing base and I'm not a very good Unity / VRM modeler either so I figured I'd need to eventually commission things and/or use a modified baseline avatar ) and have a general idea of my avatar's aesthetic, but that's about it.

I'm also trying to figure out what system (ie VRM vs Live2D) to use and though I have a Valve Index that isn't what I intend to use when streaming most of the time. Ideally it would be neat to be able to use hand mapping (or possibly more) in addition to face/head, so I've considered if that means I need to pick up a LeapMotion sensor or if there'sanother way to go about it. I have a 60FPS capable webcam currently to get started at least (Logi 922 Pro). So yeah, trying to decide how to go forward. I'd also ideally like things to work on Linux and use as much open source as possible, but I recognize that may not be the case entirely depending on what Vtuber avatar format, what program to puppet it etc....but if it can work with Wine/Proton without messing with gaming on stream that's fine too.

>> No.532830

I only watch JP indies and they all stream on YT, if I'm going to waste time I prefer to use it doing some active language immersion

>> No.533169
File: 689 KB, 1197x708, Picture 2021-02-12 at 7.41.41 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507562
>hidden feature that you have to search for
the hidden feature that's in your side bar at all times on every page

>> No.533486

>>533169
Their recommendations suck though. I checked out D&D streams once a couple weeks ago just to see what it was all about and my recommendations seemed to primarily be D&D contents even though I thought the D&D streams I saw were boring. There are plenty of other games I had watched in the past that it should know that I like watching. Or it could just look at who I followed and try to deduce the type of streams I like to watch instead of basing it off of one or two streams I was looking at on one day.

>> No.533747

>>532826

I should mention that I'm a (biological) male and intend to have a male VTuber avatar using my natural voice (more or less - I may tweak things a little if necessary. I'm using a USB mic at the moment - Blue Yeti - but I'd consider getting the kind that require a separate interface if my channel really takes off and there's benefit). I know this stands apart from many as I found some who were doing avatar related commissions but only work on feminine avatars and related assets.

>> No.533882

>>533486
>Their recommendations suck
dunno what to tell you, I've found 100s of vtubers from it in the past year. I don't even think there are 100 non-JP vtubers on youtube.

>> No.534135

I like having videos playing on my potato laptop to the side while I do work on my desktop, and the old thing struggles a lot more with Twitch than with Youtube.

>> No.534945

>>507511
>Twitch has unblockable ads
umatrix still works for now

>> No.535389
File: 7 KB, 1137x160, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.535460

>>507647
You ain't missing out on much, she's boring.

>> No.535873

>>507253
As soon as Amazon replaces Twitches' management, I'm in.
Yes, these will be wokies as well most likely, but wokies that won't have a clue and may accidentally apply they rules on camwhores as well.

>> No.536325

>>532826
Will you be using FLOSS programs?

>> No.536361

>>533747
What content will you be making and/or covering?

>> No.536399

I like a few of the designs on Twitch at least. There's that bunny girl with giant boobs who draws a little (terribly) and has a Holo EN style humor

>> No.536484

>>518988
Newfag unironically fuck off.

>> No.536592

>>518409
>the internet at large
>4chan
Good one.

>> No.536623

used to liek to watch sachi once in awhile, she streamed late due to CA so she was a comfy after hours choice

>> No.536646

>>534945
is it really blocking if I still have to stare at a blank screen for 15 seconds?

>> No.536690

>>536646
>15 seconds
i get ads that are 2 minutes long

>> No.536709

>>530788
>waifu does lewd shit
>spam whatever emote she has specifically for lewd moments (yabe edits, blushing emoji, whatever)
It's the same shit. Don't try to act like vtuber communities are better or worse based on the platform. YouTube is a superior platform to Twitch in enough ways that you don't have to make some gay culture war out of it.

>> No.536725

>>536646
100% blocked
I haven't seen an ad in twitch in years

bad part is that the streamers I watch sometimes leave some dead time between ads but that's understandable I guess

>> No.536782

>>518409
this isn't the 'intertet at large' and you have to go back

>> No.536984

I admit I've been tempted to try twitch for chuubas like Nina and Haruka but it's just such a leap and there already aren't enough hours in the day to keep up with my subscriptions on YT. I think that's how it is for a lot of people on both sides of this issue depending on what they either started out watching primarily or what they simply gravitated towards up to this point.
In conclusion: shill more within your own platform and you'll probably get more traction than pulling viewers from YT. I don't see YT folks shilling at the twitch crowd.

>> No.539629

>>536984
I would think it's more youtube that needs the shilling since it has like 10 en vtubers.

>> No.540363

why is everyone acting like twitch is a new thing
where have people been like, this whole time

>> No.541622

>>536399
You'll have to narrow that down a bit more. But I think you're referring to Kairuichan?
https://www.twitch.tv/kairuichan

>> No.541684

>>540363
A ton of people that got into watching "live content" around here got into it from vtubers to begin with and had little to no interaction with Twitch at all, so it basically is "new" to them. Twitch chat culture is uh, offputting and cancerous to these people (ironic since Twitch culture is basically old 4chan culture but modernized) but YouTube chat is just as garbage anyway.If it wasn't for Twitch being in the middle of a shitstorm of DMCAs, retarded Jannies, and the ad disaster it would have been a good recommendation from me. Basically a 10k streamer on Twitch would be making more than a 25k streamer on YouTube if you could put up with all that and not get randomly banned (though YT randomly bans too anyway). A combo of streamlabs (~3% cut), subs (50% is base cut but any good streamer can negoitate a 40-30% cut + Amazon Prime so you get more subs anyway), and if for some god forsaken reason you have people in 3rd world shitholes that can't use streamlabs, Twitch has bits (you basically buy via Amazon) that YOU PAY THE CUT up front and the streamer gets the whole value of the donation.

>> No.542212

>>541684
>ironic since Twitch culture is basically old 4chan culture but modernized
Not really ironic since hating 4chan culture is also 4chan culture.
The "anti meme" meme has been an integral part of anon discourse ever since I started browsing this shithole in 2008.

>> No.542280

>>507625
Melody got a random twitch ban and it was overturned in like two days, a couple months back

>> No.542419

>>542280
Wasn't random, her modeler DMCAed all her VODs. She got unbanned when she counter claimed

>> No.542583

>>507253
twitch is slowly dying and you still have to put up with awful twitch culture.

>> No.542680

>>518988
>imagine not being a teamate before it was a thing
kys

>> No.542700

>>507253
Twitch sucks

>> No.542721

>>518988
>replying to doxshit
>asking for doxshit

>> No.542733

>>507978
>imagine being this angry over emotes
fuck off, faggot

>> No.543055

>>542733
Dumb frogposter

>> No.543233

>>541684
>If it wasn't for Twitch being in the middle of a shitstorm of DMCAs, retarded Jannies, and the ad disaster
But anon
Most of these are the norm for that place and were for years

>> No.543432

http://poal.me/v8n5de
http://poal.me/v8n5de

>> No.543483
File: 25 KB, 512x512, 1586611138169.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>not blocking ads

>> No.543925

>>507253
Ads

>> No.545130

>>507253
what's vtuber again?
oh right, virtual YOUTUBER

>> No.546521

>>545130
The "Tube" from YouTube comes from televisions being called "the tube" due to older televisions using cathode-ray tubes to produce their image. Eventually, "the tube" became synonymous with televisions in general even after they stopped using cathode-ray tubes, and then later with any tv-like medium. As markets and technologies expand, terminology also expands to cover anything that still fulfills a similar role, even if it's not necessarily an accurate description.

You might notice that YouTube has nothing to do with cathode-ray tubes, and would actually be fairly difficult to watch on any device that actually used them. If you wish to be autistic about the origin of terminology, you'll also have to convince YouTube to change their name.

While VTuber may have started as Virtual YouTuber, its current usage is more like the same definition of "tube" that YouTube itself based its name on.

>> No.548232

>>532830
Based

>> No.548336

Why does, in the year 2020 (haven't tried in 2021), twitch lag still? I can watch YT, Amazon prime, netflix (me mum shared her account with me I'd never pay for this) pornhub just fine. But, not twitch.

>> No.548733

>>548336
Don't be too hard on them. It's a small indie company after all.
But seriously both the devs and the moderators of twitch are retarded.

>> No.549190

>>548336
I have never experienced any kind of lag on twitch (with firefox and a 50mbit connection), except when it's on the streamer's side.

>> No.549901
File: 106 KB, 900x1366, 17094c57047a405cb4465e2fdce222c5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507253
1) Twitch design is shit, It's overly cluttered and also so gameified it fucking hurts, every time I login I get a bunch of shit flashing about game loot and crap for games I don't even play. And as much as YT re-designs yanked customization away from users and bridged the desktop and mobile interfaces, it's still not that awful.
2) Twitch engineering and infrastructure is absolute garbage. The player performance is shit, whether the stream performs well or not heavily depends on which CDN and sever you're being routed through and they gatekeep basic features such as encoding options behind partner-status (and even then you're not guaranteed encoding options) which basically punishes your viewers by making them buffer or having you to deliver a lower bitrate/framerate/resolution (which in turns makes growing your channel harder). You'd think they'd do better by having access to and leveraging Amazon's infrastructure but nope.
3) Twitch prohibiting you from simulcasting if you're a partner is a shitty move made to lock you and your viewers on their platform even if the experience may be inferior.
4) Archiving is garbage, if I have to go to YT to watch Vods I might as well just stay on Youtube.
5) YT recommends content related to what you're interested in, meanwhile twitch recommends garbage (i.e. my entire Twitch sub list was Japs/Gook fighting game-players and fighting game tournaments and Twitch kept recommending me flavor-of-the-month cringy western FPS/MOBA streamers; then because I watched one EN Vtuber clip it kept me recommending Vtubers and I can't tell this shitty website that I'm not interested in them or stop recommending that channel).
6) Twitch Ad debacle and monetization practices are absolute garbage, they're already taking a cut out of bits, subscriptions, turbo, prime, and forced pre-roll ads, but on top of that they're also forcing massive ad breaks on everybody. Compare Turbo with YT Premium and the value of the later is huge and puts twitch's practices in perspective.
7) Twitch e-begging is overwhelming. Twitch streams are filled up with monetization metrics,donation goals, tip jars, overlays for every donation, TTS for donations, list of latest donors, rankings of biggest donors and and 4 or five monetization schemes + links to shit like patreon. The average YT Vtuber will acknowledge and thank superchats or memberships (and, in the case of someone who does something other than gaming, like artists, a patreon link), but that's it - on YT you feel a member of the audience regardless, meanwhile Twitch makes you feel like you don't matter as an audience if you're not shelling cash.
8) As a consequence of the above, the average streamer on Twitch is expected to be the audience's dancing monkey and stop everything to celebrate a shitty $1 donation and stop talking while the retarded TTS reads it - breaking the flow of the broadcast. YT streamers seem to have better handle of being an entertainer and not the customers' plaything.
9) As another a consequence of the above it feels like I'm being double robbed by the greediest and most shameless bastards in town.
10) Twitch chat is cancerous even in small streams because the culture still has everyone spamming the retarted global emotes and such. Big YT streams also have garbage chat but small ones are useable and comfy because people's first reaction is to write something instead of using some cringy retards face as a reaction.
11) Twitch staff is cancerous, arbitrary and inconsistent, YT still sucks but it fucks all equally and you know it's likely robots doing it rather than some harpy power-tripping because she got an unpaid internship and a purple sweatshirt or some beta male trying to get nudes.
12) The average Twitch streamer is cancerous.
13) A cursory look at Twitch Vtubers show that on average they're e-thots trying to cash in on weebs. While the average YT Vtubers are autistic weebs themselves - also, they're honest that they're playing a character.
14) Most people who watch Vtubers are in it for Japanese anime girls, and Japs mostly stream on YT. Meanwhile most Vtubers on Twitch feel like I'm watching low quality dubbed anime or some cartoon trying to cash in on anime aesthetics, while you may have an exception every now and then that's good, the majority are fucking awkward and cringy.
15) If you have interests in anything but gaming your options are extremely limited both as a viewer and as a streamer. Music? Karaoke streams are not Kosher on twitch. Drawing/Art? Post some speed-drawings/paintings on youtube or some tutorial videos and go live, you'll have an audience 3x bigger than on Twitch - there's a reason some big art streamers such as ergojosh and ReiQ are building their YT live streams despite their sizeable audiente on Twitch.
Overall, YT is fucked up but not as much as Twitch is.

Pic unrelated, because Ange is a qt3.14

>> No.550271

>>549901
Nice breakdown.
As shitty as Youtube is (and it's very shitty), Twitch is just sad.

>> No.550621

>>507253
twitch itself decided not to give any new streamers a chance.

>> No.550667
File: 126 KB, 843x476, WATCH OUR ADS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.551693
File: 150 KB, 454x341, I can't tell this shitty website that I'm not interested.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>549901
>I can't tell this shitty website that I'm not interested in them or stop recommending that channel
The option isn't exactly hidden. And it actually works, you'll never see them in your recommendations ever again. Unlike YouTube, where "Not interested" is just a vague suggestion that sometimes apparently means "put even more of this in my recommendations".

>> No.551793
File: 119 KB, 213x219, firefox picture-in-picture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>518230
>pop out player.
browsers are moving towards making that an integrated feature now

>> No.551870

>>551693
Dismissing recommendations on Youtube seems to work just fine for me.

>> No.552677

>>551793
That's only for good browsers and sadly most people use normal chrome.

>> No.552898

>>551870
not that anon but they work for me, until the don't

>> No.553321

>>536325
>>536361

Ideally I'd like to use as much FLOSS as possible, but obviously not everything I touch (ie games) will be. Being able to broadcast as a Vtuber using as much FLOSS as viable would be great. I'm not sure if there's a VTuber avatar control program (for either Live2D or VRoid style) that is FLOSS and works at a parity level of features to proprietary ones, much less support for Linux natively and the like.

Overall I'll be covering a mix of topics - gaming, PC hardware / technology, politics, philosophy (particularly of things like privacy / anonymity online) and more. In this way I intend to primarily livestream while gaming (or browsing for relevant content to the discussion) but I'm not necessarily against doing prepared videos either. Of course, community and supporters will also play a role in what topics and content I address.

>> No.553904
File: 36 KB, 1159x609, twitch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>542583
>twitch is slowly dying

>> No.553965

>>553904
HIRO IS KILLING US

>> No.554005

>>553904
thats not the own you think it is

>> No.554046

>>553904
We're dying bros...

>> No.554348

>>507253
if twitch and youtube are so anal, then how come you simps with alot of money don't band together and create an open source streaming platform that can btfo twitch and youtube!?

>> No.554389

>>554348
it's practically impossible, also twitch and youtube are lobbying to repeal Section 230 which would kill any possibility of competition.

>> No.554390

>>507253
twitch is an even more shit website than youtube somehow

>> No.554400
File: 118 KB, 476x531, 1612825948264.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>554348
Feel free to neck yourself retard.

>> No.554413

>>554005
>>554046
4chan has been slowly dying since 2015

>> No.554435

>>551693
Good that they finally implemented such a basic function for the recommendation system. I wouldn't know however because at the time this shit bothered me Twitch didn't have it and after being annoyed enough I just hid the element using ublock .

>> No.554546

>>554389
that would fuck all content creators...

>> No.554554 [DELETED] 
File: 719 KB, 886x898, 1565047065145.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>554348
>just make your own streaming platform

>> No.554573

>>554546
youtube and twitch are big enough that they don't give a shit, most of their views and clicks come from a small minority of major content creators they already cater towards anyway. losing hundreds of small sub 100k content creators is fine as long as the big ones stick around (and they'll be more incentivised to do so if Section 230 is killed)

>> No.554812

>>554348
>just make your own platform and beat both google and amazon, bro

>> No.555281

>>554573
so if the boomers killed section 230 what will happen to hololive as content creators when anybody can file thousands of lawsuits against them?

>> No.555322

>>555281
that's how it works now. section 230 prevents youtube from being sued over something hololive does.

>> No.555366

>>555322
anon is asking what happens AFTER boomers kill off Section 230

>>555281
most likely that established companies like Cover will immediately stop streaming video games in their entirety until their lawyers have worked out proper licensing agreements which is gonna be a bitch and a half because US copyright laws are fucked up

>> No.555726

>>555366
it sounds like you don't understand what section 230 is
the entire point of safe harbor is that the content creator is liable for things they post and not the web host
anyone can sue hololive for anything right now. they can't sue google for things hololive does.

>> No.556006

>>507253
I refuse to give twitch traffic.
I wouldn't use youtube either if I had a decent alternative.

>> No.557766

Good take from about 10th minute
https://youtu.be/JponaDxewBk
Twitch has overall smaller userbase than YouTube, but way better collab potential. I think it would be best to start on twitch and then gradually transition to YouTube once you grow an audience.

>> No.558413

>>557766
>good take
>devin nash

>> No.558537
File: 77 KB, 750x422, 98637487738.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507253
It's a good numberfag platform.

>> No.558623

>>558537
YouTube has billions of hours watched every day.

>> No.558657

>>507253
Can you actually watch things on twich without it buffering constantly? I thought it was a meme, or for the chat or something.

>> No.558707
File: 35 KB, 960x474, 634657835357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>558623
not in the Livestream section where the vtubers are. Twitch is still ahead.

>> No.558808

>>558707
is YT live a joke? You can't even search streams. its a joke.

>> No.558944

>>558707
Not all vtubers are streamers. Not all streamers are vtubers. There is a bigger potential audience on YouTube that you can tap into. You can convert someone who does not use "YouTube Gaming Live", into someone who does by just landing into their recommendation feed.
>>558808
You just don't know how. When you are looking at the search results you can just enable a filter to only show livestreams. If you want to see streams for a specific game you can go to that game's topic meta channel and then go to the live tab.

>> No.559040

>>558413
Most of Nash‘s videos are clickable drama garbage, but the thing he says about twitch trends being YouTube trends from the past seems reasonable to me.

>> No.566451

>>554348
You can support Peertube and similar networks. They already exist and need funding.

>> No.568661

Twitch is the reddit of streaming sites

>> No.569177

Literally the only thing twitch has that youtube needs to get is a clipping feature. Literally everything else is better on youtube

>> No.569704

>>569177
like most google products all of youtube's streaming features outside of the player itself are bare minimum imitations of better sites. chat is ridiculously slow, emotes are pointless and were even broken for weeks recently, has zero customization and moreso is locked up in youtube proprietary shit, and otherwise completely lacks the features that actually make twitch useful in community building. can't imagine anyone defending that garbage.

>> No.569783

>>569704
twitch chat, emotes and customization are even worse

>> No.569808

>>569704
People have been defending that garbage throughout the thread. There are a lot of valid reasons to not like Twitch but "YouTube superiority" is not one of them.

>> No.570074

>>569783
go ahead and tell me a single thing it does better

>> No.570128

>>570074
Its not literally r*ddit the streaming site for one

>> No.570421

>>570128
>youtube's features are trash
>yeah but twitch's objectively superior features are used by sjws
oh sorry I mistook this for a serious thread

>> No.570835

>>570421
>oh sorry I mistook this for a serious thread

Did you not read the thread? It has been like this for almost 300 posts.

>> No.571305

I can't talk from streamer perspective, but as a viewer, youtube is just infinitely more convenient to me. Everything I need is on one website, the user interface is more appealing to me, streams are archived, no stupid twitch culture like hype trains and raids and i never had problems with buffering unless it's on streamer side (can't say the same about twitch).

>> No.571360

>>571305
YouTube is adding in raiding and something like hype trains is probably not far behind. If you think whatever issues you have with Twitch culture is going to stay there just wait. Juuuust wait.

>> No.571554

>>554348
those exist but theyre not popular

>> No.571692

>>553321
>Overall I'll be covering a mix of topics - gaming, PC hardware / technology, politics, philosophy (particularly of things like privacy / anonymity online) and more. In this way I intend to primarily livestream while gaming (or browsing for relevant content to the discussion) but I'm not necessarily against doing prepared videos either. Of course, community and supporters will also play a role in what topics and content I address.
My only advice is to not force the discussion to go one way or another. The only exmaple I could give you is Gura. She has a knack for going on tangents and making it seem like the natural flow of things. This especially applies to you if you want to mention heavy stuff like politics or philosophy (unless you only intend to do them in passing).

>> No.572594

When I follow someone on Twitch and turn on notifications, Twitch actually tells me when they go live.
YouTube doesn't tell you when somebody goes live unless you go to the stream before it starts and turn on a reminder for that specific stream. Which means you have to already know that the stream is going to happen soon, making it useless for one of the things that you'd most want to get notifications for.

>> No.572766

>>507253
I'm an archive watcher and over half the time twitch streamers don't archive their stuff on twitch if at all.

>> No.573001

>>572594
If you want a notification everytime when they go live why not SMASH the subscribe button and RING the bell?

>> No.573142

Twitch = mud hut, Youtube = dung hut
The only reason Twitch even still exists is that Youtube Live is complete fucking garbage.

>> No.574033

>>573001
Because that doesn't notify you when they go live. It only notifies you when a video is published. At best you'll know when the VOD for a stream that you already missed is ready.

>> No.574473

>>571692

Thank you, that is helpful. I'm not familiar with this Gura, but still none the less. I am considering if I should label myself by political alignment so that when I discuss that sort of thing or critique events I'll be forthcoming about it.

Sure, it will likely turn off a percentage of those who are diametrically opposed but I am wondering if it was worth doing so up front rather than create a lot of drama later own between those who will claim I'm X or Y from day to day based on something said (perhaps out of context, from what I've heard of how these things go, getting clipped and shared etc) and thus end up having less people interested because of "I didn't know he thought X, fuck em I'm a Y" or "If he's an X he should just come out and say it" ,or conversely "Wait, I didn't think he was political but now he's talking about X / or people say he's an X so I don't know if I want to see that" or perhaps "I support X so if he does too he should be honest about it or he's not using his platform for good etc..".

I have no idea if any of this will really matter in the long run or if I'll even get popular enough for it to matter (not to mention other things like the calculus for controversy bringing more interest to a channel - and even if possible, I'd prefer not to seek it out). So I'm still trying to figure out how its going to go.

>> No.575268

>>574473
Do what you want to do. The other anon's advice isn't bad but you have to eventually set boundaries for the chat or they'll just run all over the place. Every chat has rules, usually fairly general ones, but as chat gets used to what you want to talk about or don't want to talk about eventually they'll also police themselves (with mod help to delete problem posts).

>> No.579827
File: 5 KB, 233x188, notifications.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>558707
This shit is old.
YT Gaming has been dead for good two years, and most people who livestreamed on YT and watched streams never watched it through YT Gaming App/Website but through the main YT site itself. Besides, that assumes only gaming streams happen and there's been loads on people livestreaming non-gaming content - and I can only imagine it grew bigger with the pandemic.
>>574033
But it does. Just go to the channel page, click the bell there and choose always. I always get a notification within 2 minutes of the streamer I follow going online both on my browsers and devices logged into YT.

>> No.580003

>>569704
What does twitch have that'll matter to someone like me who only watches vtubers and nothing else?

>> No.580070

>>580003
Must english vtubers are on Twitch and not Youtube. Pretty much only hololive en is Youtube.
If you mean JP vtubers, then yeah Twitch has nothing for you.

>> No.580117

>>580070
I'm talking in terms of like neat features, genuinely curious since i've never watched a stream there for longer than 30 minutes

>> No.580158

>>507253
I'm rarely able to watch a v-tuber stream live, on youtube it's easy catching up but on Twitch I can't search for shit.

>> No.580278

>>558944
It's still smarter to stream on twitch and just have content and highlights on Youtube. Twitch is designed to make Amazon and Streamers money, there's no way any non-corporate vtubers are making near as much as they would on Twitch

>> No.580297

>>580158
Put the word "Vtuber" into the search bar and scroll. It's a mild inconvenience at best.

>> No.580394

>>580297
Twitch doesn't have permanent VODs though

>> No.580748

>go to YT to watch random videos
>algoritm knows that I'm into chuubas so it recommends me their clips and current streams even if I'm watching something else entirely
>if I want anything in particular, I type 'Pekora' in search bar and then click 'last week' OR go to her channel, click on videos and look for timestamps of interesting events in the comments, always with explanations of context and translation

>go to twitch to watch random videos
>the only options are to go to a particular streamer or video game category and either watch full VODs that get deleted after two months or 30 second clips
>no comments, no explanation what's going on
>algorithm doesn't recommend shit
>end up just watching top 16 most popular clips for the last month for streamers I'm interested in and then forget about Twitch for the next month

Let's say that I want to watch my favourite vtuber's reaction to an earthquake, for example. On youtube it takes me 20 seconds: search for their channel, enter the latest video, click on a relevant timestamp. Done. If it's been more than 24 hours you can just search for translated clips 'X reacts to earthquake'. Would anyone even be able to find that moment on Twitch lmao? You'd have to either manually scroll through their stream archive (if it hadn't been deleted yet) or manually scroll though the clip section on their channel which will likely lead you nowhere. I've tried using Twitch's search and it's crap, I couldn't even find Vinny's reaction to Sephiroth's reveal with it, for example.
>inb4 'you're using it wrong, you have to watch every vtuber's entire stream live'

>> No.580769

>>507253
Twitch is got awful here. Constant disconnects.

>> No.582401

>>514310
It's not just chuubas, it's literally everyone. Twitch despite being one of the two biggest video platforms can't afford enough storage space that they basically need to wipe all VODs every season? Fuck off.

>> No.587162

>>580117
as an entirely passive viewer there's effectively no difference. if you want to interact regularly it's far more built out, especially from a community / discoverability standpoint

>chat uses ircv3 so you can use other clients or just sign in to them to log
>the chat widget itself is not comparatively slow as dicks
>emotes from channels you're subscribed to can be used globally, clicking on an emote shows you the channel it came from
>higher tier channel subscriptions give you the ability to modify emotes in dumb but handy ways like flipping on the X axis or adding sunglasses among other things
>various flares for donating, gifting subs, etc. which of these to show is configurable if you don't want to attention whore, nick color is configurable instead of being just a function of your subscriber status
>you get channel points for view time and can redeem things set by the streamer with them
>subs can be gifted to you just for being a logged in viewer
>built in support for polls
>depending on your oshi's taste raids can be a good way to discover other channels

I guess the one thing it lacks from a community standpoint an equivalent to member only streams although youtube's implementation of this is like visibly an afterthought

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action