[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 157 KB, 1169x855, Sisyphus-e1557869810488.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54915787 No.54915787 [Reply] [Original]

What's it like being a vtuber that's been streaming regularly for years but only pulls 10 viewers a stream? It looks like suffering. That's my biggest fear for getting into streaming

>> No.54916240
File: 434 KB, 687x687, 1670792370790643.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54915787
Ask Ruuko. She's recently had her 5th anniversary and is pulling 18 viewers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W81odVNtdYo
She's a total sweetheart and the proof this world cannot be saved.

>> No.54916295

>>54915787
ask to Koyori

>> No.54916570

>>54915787
you grind for years, finally join a small corp
en3 releases and you lose lots of viewers while they get 300k subs overnight.

>> No.54916651

>>54916570
lmao
>>54916240
Rough

>> No.54917126

If you do it for numbers you are going to get burnt out easily. The veterans 1 and 2 views are the soul of the community.

>> No.54917355

>>54916240
Ollie even tried to save her
Fug...

>> No.54917368

>>54915787
That's why you don't get into streaming. Instead spend that free time making and perfecting the best audition videos possible and send them in every time a studio opens auditions. Anyone saying to grind as a 2view is an idiot. Work smarter, not harder.

>> No.54917921

>>54915787
that is your future if you are a male

>> No.54918096

>>54915787
U think ppl come to watch u playing the game?
> Rule them with money or false thumbnail
> Build community like discord
> Join some corpo ( last option)
> Do short video
> Do some RTA ( u can fake it like dream do ) If not RTA retro is simple one
> Show some skill u got ( example FPS game, 30 kill 0 death )
> Don't do politics ( quickly kill u channel)
> Aim sea hour ( cause they lazy, most YT viewer comes from this region )

>> No.54918505
File: 53 KB, 547x561, images (58).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54915787
It eventually worked for this one after 7 years. You'll never know if you don't try.

>> No.54918763

Do you have 10 people in your life who will be around you for years?

>> No.54919061

>>54915787
It depends on your goal.
If you don't like hanging around chatting to the same 10 people then it sounds miserable.
If you want fame a fortune then you're not getting it from them.
If you want to enjoy yourself and have some level of friendly company then there is no fear since the numbers don't matter.

>> No.54919123

>>54918505
Fuck off conner, she didn’t need hololive and would’ve made it big without it.

>> No.54919162
File: 126 KB, 328x381, 1688172002639452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A lot of my favorite chuubas and streamers in general started streaming for reasons like "getting better at speaking" and just realized they loved streaming and sharing shit with people and making them laugh. I feel like a lot of people want to get into vtubing but haven't really tested the waters to see if they even like the experience of streaming.
>>54917368
You aren't getting into a corpo if you have 0 hours streamed and haven't shown that you're likable enough that somebody, anybody (it doesn't matter if it's just 15 people) wants to come back and watch your streams. Getting out of the (literal) 0-3 viewer rut is hell though. It doesn't matter if you're on YouTube or Twitch, it's hard.

>> No.54919163

>>54919123
lol
lmao

>> No.54919288

>>54919162
>You aren't getting into a corpo if you have 0 hours streamed
A few have in Holo/Homo EN alone.

>> No.54919330

>>54919123
Sachi bros I'm sorry...

>> No.54919517 [DELETED] 

>>54915787
50 viewers is all you need on Twitch to be part of the top 1%. That's how bad it is. most streamers stream to literally no one.

>> No.54919649

>>54915787
50 viewers is all you need on Twitch to be part of the top 1%. That's how bad it is. Most streamers stream to literally no one.

>> No.54920329

>>54919649
Man it gets weird with a friend who's like a mid 1 view and that means he's doing above average which is just kinda haunting. Not a Vtuber but still put shit into perspective

>> No.54922320

>>54916240
Fbp

>> No.54922697

I've been a VTuber for 5 years now and have never had more than 7 viewers on any stream and all of my VOD's struggle to get 50 views. I won't lie, I was very demotivated after the first year upon realizing that I can't even get 100 subscribers on YouTube and I did think about quitting. I think the reason I kept going is because I genuinely find streaming enjoyable even with no one there to watch. I have not made a single cent from streaming but I guess at this point I'm used to streaming to no one and I instead focus on having fun with it. I have applied to many corporations over the years, Hololive, Nijisanji, Production Kawaii, EIEN Project, Idol, Phase Connect and more but they are focused more so on numbers than any kind of talent so even if I were to be perceived as talented it would not matter because I do not have numbers or connections within the industry. When I hit my 3 year anniversary I stopped hoping that I would ever make it because I realize that this is simply not going to happen and I'm okay with that. I'm thankful that I have the free time to be able to stream and that I have a job in the real world that I enjoy at least.

>> No.54923249

>>54922697
yikes

>> No.54923344

>>54922697 (Me)
I think my last ditch effort was to try my hand at singing seems it seems in order to be a successful VTuber you have to be good at chatting, commentating playing a game and finally be good at singing. I'm not sure how well my singing is but I am practicing every day. I wish I could pay to get a tutor of some kind but considering I have not made a single cent in my 5 years I think it would not be responsible of me to put any more money into my activities as a VTuber. I ask that if you feel so inclined that you give me you most honest impressions of my singing ability. https://files.catbox.moe/xavinv.mp4

>> No.54923451

>>54922697
Why do you keep at it streaming for an empty audience?

>> No.54923716

>>54923249
It is what it is. It took roughly 3 years for me to essentially become numb and not beat myself up over the realization that I will never amount to anything but after I crossed that hurdle I felt much happier.
>>54923451
Read the above comment. But to add more context, I find streaming fun even with no one there. I know it sounds dumb, it is dumb and I won't deny that, but I started out streaming as a VTuber because it looked fun and after my first year I had a bit of hope that maybe I could make something of myself. I quickly had to grow up and realize that no matter what I do or no matter how hard I try I will not make something of myself. I thought about quitting but then realized that I should continue to do it because I simply want to, because I simply have fun with streaming. My dreams died 3 years in, I had to face the reality that I will never make money from being a VTuber, I will never gain an audience from being a VTuber and I will never achieve my dream of joining a corporation as a VTuber. It's a tough pill to swallow but has made me a happier person upon coming to terms with the harsh reality.

>> No.54923845

>>54923716
I guess that makes sense, what a fucking downer this is though. Wish i didn't read it

>> No.54923948

>>54923845
Oh man, I'm sorry I didn't want to make anyone feel down. I just thought, as someone who fits what OP is describing that I could provide some insight since I live through this every day when I go live.

>> No.54924568

>>54923344
Your singing is at the level I've come to expect from corporate vtubers. You'd fit in to that extent.

>> No.54924661

>>54918505
>>54918505
Who is that? Yandex and goog are no help.

>> No.54924761

>>54916240
I can save her....

>> No.54924774

>>54923344
You are better than some holos that's that's ure. You voice sounds nice and relaxing. Nothing bad there, im being honest.

>> No.54924785

>>54924568
Sadly my singing was not good enough to make me stand out in the auditions for Idol EN's 1st or 2nd generation as well as Production Kawaii's 1st, 2nd, 3rd or upcoming "generation" since I recently received an email stating that I would not be considered at this time. I was hoping that by learning a new talent such as singing it would help my chances but I'm just not good enough for any of these corporations, big or small. It's a bit sad to still be rejected after all this time but I'm trying to remind myself that this is just how it will always be.

>> No.54924895

>>54924785
Do you still watch the debuts of the gens you were rejected from? Or is it too painful?

>> No.54925063

10ccv seems to be the floor for terrible male streamers, girls stay at 15~20 (judging from randomly checking on twitch and seeing some from /asp/)
For girls the doctor recommended peer-reviewed cheat is ASMR then do whatever actual content you want to do. ASMR keeps bringing in fresh new viewers to come check out your other content, doesnt matter if 90% leave, over time you'll get more that stick around for the other content and you'll get to dedicate more time to it. If you're not feeling comfortable enough to do ASMR then you're still at a point where you're not taking streaming seriously.
For males if you cant instinctively answer with a YES when asked 'Are you very charismatic?' then you're probably not gonna make it. Male vtubers dont just compete with vtubers, you compete with all male flesh streamers because people ask themselves "Why would I watch this male vtuber being awkward when I could watch the male flesh streamers I already follow?"

>> No.54925169

>>54923344
Mind posting your channel?

>> No.54925188

>>54924785
You shouldn't think you arent good enough, sometimes its like a lottery, other times its connections. I can say there are Holos who if they were indie would be nowhere near as popular.

Also im just curious what tyoe of girl are you? I cant even picture the type of girl that really wamts to he a vtuber. Much less hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

>> No.54925209

>>54922697
EIEN literally hired all 1views for gen 1 (except for Riifu who left). Sorry to be frank but maybe you’re just not entertaining/skillfull enough.

>> No.54925249

>>54924774
That's kind of you to say but that simply is not true. I only recently started singing "professionally" as a last ditch effort. After watching many Hololive concerts, mainly the Japanese side, I do think it would be fun to one day do a concert where I can have a 3D model to sing and dance live on stage.
>>54924895
I think in the first 3 years it was quite painful, yes. I'm only human so I felt quite a lot of resentment. I think what hurt the most when it came to the people who made the debut versus me came from the fact that many of these people have never streamed before and still to this day they rarely talk during their streams so there's a lot of dead air. I can't say I'm better than them because of course they made it and I didn't so they're objectively better than me. After I hit that 3 year mark it started to hurt less and less until the incident with Production Kawaii's 3rd generation. Knowing that I felt confident about my audition for Production Kawaii's 3rd generation and thought I had the best chance of everyone it really hurt me to see them all quit and throw away everything so easily. I want to clarify that I'm not defending Production Kawaii since they have made mistakes before, I think both Production Kawaii and all of the 3rd generation are at fault. That doesn't change the fact that it hurt me to see people take what I've been dreaming of and throw it away as if it means nothing.

>> No.54925254

>>54924785
Stuff like this used to trigger my saviorfag complex thankfully I found my so called Oshi, I will live and die in that hill

>> No.54925300 [DELETED] 

>>54922697
Number = ppl stop and watch
U think I having talent but did other ppl said " u have a talent?"
Same thing with u create a video u think awesome but did other ppl have a same thing ?
Communication skill number one
Try build first with simple talk with audience, if zero audience? Try play some game with other ppl like among us, CSGO, APEX, or anything with discord

>> No.54925394

>>54916240
She 100% has a whale or something to endure that long time.

>> No.54925481
File: 3.08 MB, 3840x2160, 1249601-Neville-Goddard-Quote-If-you-will-assume-your-desire-and-live (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only limit is the concept you have of yourself
Change your self-concept , you change your reality

>> No.54925584

>>54922697
can i groom you?

>> No.54925754
File: 73 KB, 329x248, Screenshot 2023-01-23 121947.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm on year 3 now and I'm at a 15ish viewer average. Reading these comments helped. I never really started caring about my average quite as much as I have in year three (since during year 2 I had some life/work stuff that caused me to stream only once / twice a week for a few months), but I have a lovely community I've built up that's active, and regulars that come to every stream. I always wish I could make the community better and grow and become better for them and that is the goal I always strive for, but I think I'm also realizing more and more that my viewers are still happy *now.* I just don't want to disappoint them. I will continue improving, growing, making and doing more for them and trying to grow the community. I want to continue gaining more skills and continue honing my skills in entertainment. I want to plan more fun things for them. I want to take care of myself and my health. I want to do this for them, and surely myself, but it's what I owe to them.
Still, I won't give up on reincarnating one day. I know they'll follow after me. They'd be proud if I were able to do that.
I do want to be successful and I won't deny that, but truly, truly truly truly, the people who have been with me for three years, the ones who found me through my streams and continued coming, and the people who are to come? I treasure them. They are my treasure.

>> No.54926015

>>54925169
I know this will sound a bit rude and I really do apologize if it sounds rude since that is not my intention, but no. I post here from time to time but I mainly browse and when I do I tend to stick to certain threads such as the one for retro VTubers. I know I'm going to receive a lot of flack for this but I'm not okay with the culture of 4chan where slurs are thrown around so easily so I would rather not attract that kind of audience. I know people will say that it's just jokes but it took me 3 years to really harden myself and come to terms with the fact that I will never make anything of myself so I'd rather not deal with the 4chan culture around my already small "community" if that makes any sense. Also I know I would just be torn apart and possibly even harassed. I advertise myself in the appropriate places.
>>54925188
That is kind of you to say but it's fine, there's no need to try and coddle me. I'm an adult and I can understand that things aren't working out and will never work out simply because I'm not good enough and that's fine, that's how the world works. What type of girl am I? Well, I've been obsessed with anime since I was a child when I first watched Sailor Moon and then InuYasha. My best friend and I used to roleplay our own made up anime characters and this followed us until we entered middle school. She moved to another state and we didn't see each other again until years later when she had a child and was addicted to drugs, I cut her out of my life because that was not the best friend I knew from all those years ago. I maintained my interest in anime but started to get even more into video games and when I reached high school YouTube started to become even more popular so I got interested in other people playing video games on YouTube. Since 2014 I have been interested in creating content where I play video games and when I discovered VTubers I used my love for anime and video games to take the plunge. I'm a bit of a child at heart so being able to create an "anime" character/VTuber with her own backstory and constantly roleplay as said character is fun to me. I'm thankful that we now have VTubers such as FuwaMoco who really roleplay as their VTubers, it makes me feel less weird for sticking strictly to my character.
>>54925209
No need to apologize, it's the truth. If I had even an ounce of entertainment value or skill I would probably have slightly more success.

>> No.54926173

>>54922697
I've been streaming for 4 months and had exactly THREE instances of some human(and not a bot shilling viewbots).
I was trying to hold on to the hope of finding someone and not being so fucking lonely, which is why I started streaming in the first place.
Fuck you.
This is the worst fucking blackpill. I feel like I've been physically hit by a truck.

>> No.54926363

>>54925254
I mean at this point there is no way to "save" me. Only I can "save" myself by becoming entertaining and somehow attracting viewers.
>>54925584
I make a lot of money at my job so no. Also I do not allow any kind of private communication between myself and my viewers since that is downright creepy.
>>54926173
At this point I would not suggest that anyone try streaming if I'm being honest. If your goal of streaming is to get money, don't do it. If your goal of streaming is to get popular, don't do it. If your goal of streaming is to not be lonely, don't do it. If you want to do it as a hobby or because you just find it fun then I would suggest you try streaming but if you feel like putting in the hard work will get you anywhere do not stream, it is not worth it.

>> No.54926778

>>54926015
I admire your perseverance, honestly. Also you're good without 4chan culture - I've seen couple vtubers who got a lot of audience from here and the chat is a bit unpleasant. I wish you the best.

>> No.54927108

>>54923344
shit your voice is actually pretty good. kinda shame you don't want to link your channel but super understandable.

>> No.54927126

>>54926778
At this point I don't think "perseverance" is a term that can apply to me because I have stopped believing any kind of success can come to me because even after 5 years of doing this every day nothing has happened and that fault rests solely on my shoulders alone for not being entertaining I suppose. Now I stream because it's fun and I wish to continue even knowing that the harsh reality is that nothing will ever come of it. If this truth ever becomes too much for me to handle then I vowed to stopped streaming completely for my own sake.

>> No.54927290

>>54927108
I appreciate you understanding, really. Also the compliment is nice but you can be truthful, I'm not the best at singing and I need to improve a lot. The last two auditions I did for Production Kawaii in particular gave feedback upon my request and my singing was always the thing that got overshadowed, especially when it came to everyone who auditioned for the 3rd generation, they were much better singers than I could ever be I believe. I'm not sure who Production Kawaii just hired but my singing again was not cut out for Production Kawaii so I hope when the new girls debut I can learn from their singing on how to improve.

>> No.54927479

>>54922697
Were you born the wrong sex for this Industry?

>> No.54927533

>>54927479
I'm not sure what that means, is being a woman the "wrong sex" for this industry?

>> No.54927702

>>54926015
It ain't rude. It's a very good ideea not to post your channel here. If by some miracle you get picked by a corpo and later get outed as a literal /here/, that stamp of shame will stay with you forever.

>> No.54927804

>>54927290
i mean i was being honest with the praise. not much to lose by not. uh for criticisms, im not really a singing person so i cant really tell if you're doing anything wrong there. the voice sounds a bit tinny, though that might just be a mic or eq problem or something.

hopefully you'll show up in my youtube recommended or something. fuck knows why but the algorithm has suggested me channels with even less views than you before.

>> No.54927845

>>54927533
M*ale is the wrong sex for the industry.
I pray our Lord will forgive me for numberfagging just this once, but look at any male vtuber who isn't luxiem or tempus.

>> No.54927987

>>54915787
10? Think 0-3 like the vast majority of streamers.
Going from 0 to 30 viewers is considered the hardest step as a streamers by far

>> No.54928074

>>54927702
I appreciate the understanding. I have seen some VTubers who have posted here or browsed here that have been lambasted.
>>54927804
I doubt I would show up in the recommended, the algorithm has not picked me up and suggested me once, or so I believe because my numbers have been the same ever after 5 years.
>>54927845
I'm not sure how watching a male VTuber would help a female VTuber but I guess I could give it a try? I prefer to watch Korone, the one who got me into VTubers.

>> No.54928261

>>54915787
Because they found reasons for doing it beyond growing in popularity and numbers. Pretty respectable.

>> No.54928328

Stream for fun and not with the expectation of profit or popularity.
Monetization is a big factor in what killed the fun of early Youtube.

>> No.54928393

>>54926015
>I know this will sound a bit rude and I really do apologize if it sounds rude since that is not my intention, but no.
Fair enough
>I know people will say that it's just jokes but it took me 3 years to really harden myself and come to terms with the fact that I will never make anything of myself
Expectations which are too high are not good for your mental health nor your work/hobby, however you sound as if you're disappointed by your lack of numbers
>Also I know I would just be torn apart and possibly even harassed.
This is not exclusive to 4chan, you know. You might blow up any day thanks to a bigger stream or a clippable moment which will bring you fresh eyes, good or bad ones

>> No.54928417

>>54928074
eh, believe in the heart of the algorithm! it'll work its wonders one day.

that said, since you're prolly never gonna post a link to your channel here, wanna sing smth that you won't on your channel? like idk, twinkle twinkle little star?

>> No.54928472

>>54928074
i think most streamers have to do awful stuff at first for viewers. later they can ditch them.

>> No.54928616
File: 14 KB, 280x392, a6fdc22806d5957b86112b98f14b8ed6_1e88ee5be4a3d5e1b062e604ee1092e4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54928417
>Mfw I never heard a holo sing twinkle twinkle little star.

>> No.54928707

>>54928074
How do you even expect people to find you? Do you network on social media or anything like that? Take part in trends so you'd at least show up on hashtags?

>> No.54928751
File: 12 KB, 480x640, 1690825215176526.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54928472
>You want money? Or you want your dignity?
Can't have both right at the start. That would be cheating

>> No.54928759

>>54928616
*pat pat* believe in en3 dude

>>54928707
i don't think she does? at least from the tone of her speaking here

>> No.54928928

>>54928759
>en3
I don't watch vtubers anymore anon. Not since I found this board. /vt/ is my oshi now.

>> No.54928984

>>54928928
lol, that's pretty on point

>> No.54929139

>>54928393
Before the 3 year mark, yes I was disappointed by the lack of any kind of growth. After the 3 year mark I essentially had to choose two paths. The first path involved me quitting streaming forever because nothing was happening and the second path involved me continuing to stream while understanding that I will never amount to anything. I chose the second path and have accepted my mediocrity. If I ever get into the mindset where I am suddenly saddened and disappointed by my lack of growth then I vowed to stop streaming forever since that is not a healthy mindset to have. In regards to the clipping portion I remember asking to send clips I had saved in which I found funny or entertaining, such as me be able to defeat Malenia, Blade of Miquella from Elden Ring on my first try without taking a single hit. I was met with a request to pay this clip channel $500 to post the clip and decided against it for many obvious reasons.
>>54928472
I intend to be myself, for better or for worse. I prefer to really play as my character without mentioning anything relating to the "real world" so that's quite a debuff but also I act very flirty and...I want to say mother like but that isn't quite the term. People are put off by this but it's fun to me!
>>54928707
I try to network, yes. I say "try" because I often see VTubers who say things such as "Reply to this tweet and I'll follow you!" and those posts are a waste of time and not how I wish to build up an audience. I schedule a lot of tweets throughout all hours of the day, I make sure to tweet when I'm live, I post on Reddit (I know, I'm sorry but I have to advertise somehow), I stream live every day, I clip my own content, edit it and post it, I make shorts, I try everything I can. I try taking part in trends but lately trends have been VTuber VS IRL which is not something I stand for because the "V" stands for "virtual" and I do not believe VTubers should be showing themselves, for better or for worse.

>> No.54929158

>>54915787
I was about to ask if there is a Small Indies Global.
But /asp/ is basically that isnt it?>>54922697
This one doesn't look very aspiring anymore does she...

>> No.54929269

>>54929139
> "Reply to this tweet and I'll follow you!"
The only thing more disgusting than this is "First!" Comments.

>> No.54929307

>>54929139
>I try taking part in trends but lately trends have been VTuber VS IRL which is not something I stand for because the "V" stands for "virtual" and I do not believe VTubers should be showing themselves, for better or for worse.
extremely based

>> No.54929370

>>54928074
Lambasted how?
Anyway this place is weird, alsmot no chuuba wamts to he associated with it and yet almost every chuuba is here lurking or posting.

>> No.54929405

>>54929139
uuuu mommy (heh)

>> No.54929442

>>54929370
>Lambasted how?
i mean just look at all the antis on this place. people here will pick apart a vtuber for literally any reason if they feel like it.

>> No.54929594

>>54928417
You guys have been kind to me so I brought out the guitar and sang Cupid. I think if you replace the lyrics the song could be about my failed "career" as a VTuber lol. https://files.catbox.moe/vr0hdo.mp3

>> No.54929600

>>54929442
i've also seen them generate views. they have a short attention span and will move on the drama of the day.

>> No.54929651
File: 1.78 MB, 298x298, 1679990211976705.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54929139
> I act very flirty and...I want to say mother like but that isn't quite the term. People are put off by this but it's fun to me!
Haha, imagine what her channel is haha

>> No.54929882
File: 103 KB, 850x873, 1665808322794779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54915787
>10 viewers
That's still above like 90% of indies

>> No.54929911

>>54929269
Cringe...that is complete and utter cringe to me lol.
>>54929307
Is it? I've unfollowed some VTubers for doing this before and have been ripped a new one for doing so...
>>54929370
Well, I'm not really extremely knowledge about 4chan culture so a lot of this may be going over my head but I see people praise a VTuber for posting on 4chan then directly after hating on them for doing the same thing. That's what I meant by lambasted. I do not want to be associated with here, no but I can tell you that every VTuber does use here but for different reasons. I will not comment on the ones who openly use here but the ones who are secretive about it, myself for example, use it as a way to get unfiltered advice. If someone has been subscribed to me for 5 years then they will coddle me, but sometimes I want people to tell me I'm shit so I can use that to grow.
>>54929405
Huge fan of Fauna, she's an inspiration.
>>54929651
Sorry I don't get the joke here.

>> No.54930046
File: 3.26 MB, 498x278, sanji-crying.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54929594
>plays guitar
>calls the anons here kind
We failed her bros. We failed her...

>> No.54930120

>>54929594
hey, my initial opinion isn't changing on your singing. i feel like you've got a bit of a lisp, but maybe that's just me hearing your accent.

>>54929911
> Is it? I've unfollowed some VTubers for doing this before and have been ripped a new one for doing so...
i meant your opinion on that irl vs virtual shouldn't mix. that's a good view to have.
> Sorry I don't get the joke here.
the anon wants to know your channel

>> No.54930308

>>54922697
If you are too comfortable with your current situation, you will want to stay there forever and ever, in your own little comfy bubble...

>> No.54930393

>>54930046
You guys didn't fail me lol. The fact that you let me participate in this thread and were willing to ask questions and listen to what it's liked to be a failed VTuber meant a lot to me. You guys really are kind, I appreciate someone listening to me.
>>54930120
I appreciate you saying it. Yes, I'm sorry I have a lisp and a bit of an accent so sometimes it makes me talk funny lol. Sorry anon, the dog is really cute but I just don't feel comfortable giving out the channel here.
>>54930308
I don't think "comfortable" is correct. I've accepted my reality at this point. I'm mainly fine with it because I have a job that pays well so I'm not trying to become a VTuber to pay my bills, if that makes sense?

>> No.54930558

>>54929594
btw for anyone wondering why this isn't playing in firefox in a new tab, either just use the embed or try chrome if you don't want to download it. it's an m4a file.

>>54930393
smth smth failed you by not scaring you off the platform for your own good. or something.

>> No.54930583

>>54930393
what accent?

>> No.54930704

>>54926173
Go to /asp/ and post your link in there. You'll get a few bites

>> No.54930954

>>54929139
I'm just going to say keep doing what you love. I was in a band for 12 years and never gotten bigger than local popularity, so I know how it is to grind and put money into something you love without a lot to show for it. But, you have the right attitude. I kept at it because I enjoyed making music and being on stage in front of even a small crowd. Good luck o/

>> No.54931045

>>54930308
Have you seen how many numberfags have broken containment recently?
I'm not vtuber and I still feel demoralized.

>> No.54931140

>>54930558
Sorry if I uploaded it wrong, I'm a bit dumb. Scaring me off of YouTube?
>>54930583
I often mess up my B's and V's, you can figure it out from there.
>>54930954
That sounds awesome! I know you won't tell us where we can hear your music but what type of music is it? I'm a fan of psychedelic rock. The Doors, Pink Floyd, Tame Impala and King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard are some of my favorites.

>> No.54931283
File: 291 KB, 500x482, Golden_freddy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54930558
I can scare(fix) her.

>> No.54931511

>>54931140
> Scaring me off of YouTube?
scaring you off of 4chan. y'know, the place where people are assholes like half the time.
> I often mess up my B's and V's, you can figure it out from there.
spanish?

>> No.54931633

>>54929911
You are spot on about the honesty but also people use it to deliberately act dishonest for the purpose of stirring up shit. If you have a thick skin and don't pander to here it's actually not all bad.
I've come to know many small and large vtubers through the years and sometimes all it takes to gain traction is the right connection or level of exposure.

If you aren't willing to take risks you won't see much change but also won't face as much hardship. As long as you are doing what makes you happy it's never a bad decision to stay small. What I don't recommend is taking criticism and insults too personally though.

>> No.54931947

>>54929594
holy shit that was actually berry good singing desu, the way you flavor it with some cutesy voice also nice no cap frfr wish my oshi could sing like that. if you can pull that live then i can 100% assure you, singing is not your problemos ma'am.

>> No.54931946

>>54931511
Oh I see. Sorry I'm dumb so I don't get some of the jokes you guys make. Also not Spanish.
>>54931633
I feel the line "it's never a bad decision to stay small" doesn't fit my particular circumstance, I'm sorry. In the first 3 years I wanted to at least get 50 people to watch my livestreams and I wanted to hit 1,000 subscribers but no matter how hard I tried or what I did I still have never had over 7 viewers and I'm not even close to 100 subscribers. None of this is by choice. It would be so fun if I had people watching me so I could talk to more people and show them things that I love such as video games that maybe no one has heard about. I make the decision myself to give up on my dream, I didn't and wouldn't make the decision to stay small if I had the option of not being small. Does that make sense?

>> No.54932146

>>54931947
I appreciate it but I have been told by Production Kawaii that my singing is not good compared to the people they have hired and will be hiring. I will keep practicing though and maybe some day some corporation will think my singing is good enough for them but at this point there's no chance of that.

>> No.54932176

Its fun just dont look at the numbers. Ive been a content creator for 15 years and have jumped through multiple hobbies and fandoms, having success in one and failure at others but important thing is making connections.

>> No.54932229

>>54931946
>Also not Spanish.
aight, im outta guesses
>I make the decision myself to give up on my dream, I didn't and wouldn't make the decision to stay small if I had the option of not being small. Does that make sense?
yeah, it does. you've failed at it, but you're content with what you have now. does that summarize it?

>> No.54932382

>>54932229
After 1 year I really felt like a failure but chalked it up to VTubing being something relatively new at the time. After it got into the 3rd year I realized that I just don't have what it takes and I could either choose to stop streaming entirely or I could suck it up and keep streaming while realizing that the dreams I originally had will never happen. Content may not be the correct word but it's close enough.

>> No.54932598
File: 1.53 MB, 640x360, emesis-blue-tf2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bros this in getting too emotional for me.
Cand we go back to calling eachother niggers before I cry.

>> No.54932737

This is why some people succeed and most fail anon. Luck is when chance meets preparation. If you continue building your skills, you might have a lucky break someday

>> No.54932744

>>54929139
>Before the 3 year mark, yes I was disappointed by the lack of any kind of growth. After the 3 year mark I essentially had to choose two paths. The first path involved me quitting streaming forever because nothing was happening and the second path involved me continuing to stream while understanding that I will never amount to anything. I chose the second path and have accepted my mediocrity. If I ever get into the mindset where I am suddenly saddened and disappointed by my lack of growth then I vowed to stop streaming forever since that is not a healthy mindset to have.
That's just being average, anon. And even then you're above-average by streaming standards because most streamers are ~3 views and below (at least on twitch)

Also some advice: most of success stories are not born out of desire for success itself but because they enjoy what they do, you'll spend more time and look for ways to improve naturally because that's what you like. Do not bet on being average forever, could go big or hit rock-bottom in a year considering how uncertain the future is (Who would've guessed Fuwamoco a few months ago?)
Good luck anon

>> No.54932803
File: 488 KB, 1000x1000, I-Am-Kenough-Hoodie-Keough-Barbie-Im-Kenough-Ryan-Gosling-Ken-Shirt-I-Am-Enough-Sweatshirt-Barbie-Tshirt-I-Am-Enough-Barbie-Shirt-I-Am-Kenough-Sweatshirt-Barbie-laughinks.com_3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54932382
You may not be enough.
But (you) are kenough.
And that's what matters.
(Don't watch Barbie it's a shit movie)

>> No.54932892

>>54932382
yeah... i know that feeling, i usually just stop and don't think about it more than i need to though.

you sound really chill, and i'd love to have the chance to watch one of your vods to see if your content is for me, but uh...
could you dm me a link or smth? since you don't want to drop a link on a thread

>> No.54932956

I was vtubing for 2-ish years before I went on hiatus. I had a pretty solid 15 ccv average. A lot of the vtubing friends I made early on have either stopped and disappeared, or are in the 200+ ccv range now. I think the biggest issue I had while I was active was trying to get over how awful I felt being surrounded by streaming friends who were both more talented AND hard working than I was. There's something about streaming in particular that brings out the self loathing like nothing else.

>> No.54933067

>>54915787
Something something something, you picked the platform with the worst algorithm because you failed at thinking.

>> No.54933108

>>54932744
I appreciate it but now I stream purely because it's enjoyable to me. Nothing will ever come from it and I had to accept that harsh reality.
>>54932803
I really enjoyed the Barbie movie, it was hilarious. Then I followed it up with Oppenheimer and left the theatre feeling awful, but in a good way.
>>54932892
Sorry, I know it sounds rude and as if I'm fishing for attention but I don't feel comfortable sharing who I am here.

>> No.54933140

Just be nice to me, its easy

>> No.54933171

>>54932956
>There's something about streaming in particular that brings out the self loathing like nothing else.
Thats not just for streaming, anything online can bring out self loathing. I know a lot of artists and content creators who does commissions who have a ton of self loathing.

>> No.54933206

>>54933108
nah, totally understandable you don't want to share it to anyone here. i was just hoping you'd be more open to sharing it in a dm.

>> No.54933227

>>54933140
I don't want to be nice on 4chan.
I want to call people racial slurs!

>> No.54933290

>>54933171
I was just talking about me personally. Streaming makes me hate myself in a way that none of my other hobbies or endeavors ever have.

>> No.54933516

>>54933290
any of your hobbies and endeavors other than streaming involve online presence or communities?

>> No.54933523

>>54929594
There's no way that your singing is a debuff.
What about your Vtuber model, what is it like?

>> No.54933566

>>54932146
fuck them, theyre dumb idc, but thats great attidude to hav, certainly will wish for all stars aligned for you in near future!

>> No.54933762

>>54933516
Not particularly, I've always been very solitary. I'd say the closest things were fighting for limited promotion spots at a past job, and grinding fighting game sets at locals.

>> No.54933816

>>54933762
>I'd say the closest things were fighting for limited promotion spots at a past job
bro that's not a fucking hobby.

>> No.54933858

>>54933816
It is an endeavor though.

>> No.54933886

>>54933523
I've been told by corporations who give feedback that my singing is not good compared to the others who apply. Production Kawaii gave feedback easily when I applied for generation 1 and 2 but I had to wait a long time to get feedback for the 3rd generation but again they mentioned the other talents had better singing. My singing and lack of growth is why I was rejected for the upcoming "generation" of Production Kawaii. It's a mixture of my poor singing ability and lack of growth that has shot me in the foot. As far as my VTuber model goes I mean...I'm not sure how to answer? I don't want to specifically state who the artist and rigger are for obvious reasons but they're famous Japanese artists who have worked with very popular VTubers and the rigging is on par with Iron Vortex and kvxart. My original model was very shabby because VTubing was so new at the time but as a birthday present to myself I upgraded in 2020 and have been using it since.
>>54933566
You're super kind, I don't deserve it.

>> No.54933950

Vtubing is where D-tier celebrities go to prosper.

>> No.54933969

>>54916240
That's because she's doing it as a hobby.
>>54917368
Except corporations want people with skills, retard. They always do background checks because nobody wants losers like Yugo.

>> No.54934020

>>54933858
bro

>>54933886
hey, people always deserve kindness because it's given out, not earned.
actually, does that make it worse? whatever you get the point

>> No.54934078

>>54933762
>Not particularly,
Thats why its not producing self loath. As I said any online hobby/work tends to give you a lot of self loath.

>> No.54934269

>>54933886
>I've been told by corporations who give feedback that my singing is not good compared to the others who apply.
Listen you have a great voice better than even many popular vtubers, so i dont know what thats about. You can not believe me, but do not think you have a bad voice.

>> No.54934543

>>54929594
>this is bad singing according to corpos
What the fuck.....
You could put this over an anime ed and it would great.

>> No.54934907

hey, femanon vtuber that we don't know the name of, do you feel like dropping another song on us? maybe we'll find something to actually say is an issue, lol.

>> No.54935155

I mean I know Im retarded but are you all baiting or what, thats an AI cover

>> No.54935307

>>54933950
Celebrity is a bit too excessive of a word.

>> No.54935371

>>54935155
Dude, I know you're retarded but cmon, you're not supposed to talk about it. That's the whole point. Just pretend there's a femanon that can be saved.

>> No.54935840

>>54934907
The one I'm least proud of was my cover of Golden Hour. Most of the shame was because I can't sing but also because a lot of that song has parts that you "speak" more than "sing" and I do not know to do that in a way that sounds pleasant at all.

>> No.54935845

>>54916240
She consistently streams and has a beautiful voice wtf? Why isn't she getting traction? Definitely gonna watch her streams from now on

>> No.54936007

>>54935155
Wasn't Ai the first VTuber or something? I will sub to her channel and save her.

>> No.54936126

>>54936007
am I retarded? is it?

>> No.54936994

>>54933886
Hmm, if that's the case then your model must be plenty good. Do you think you could post your normal speaking voice for us to evaluate? I doubt you'd have to worry about anyone finding your channel from that.

>> No.54937635

>>54933886
Networking and discovery are inherently unfair. Those with a leg up even if they aren't as talented or attractive will win out more on average. Many corpos pick the safe option based on numbers simply because there is less risk not because of the most potential.
What I would recommend if you're serious about wanting to grow is to make friends with someone bigger that shares a mutual passion. From there you want to gain the respect of their community and find places they are networked into. Work your presence into the very depths of those communities and you will gain a following.
Everyone who knows about it should know about you. It's a lot of effort but this much I know works.

>> No.54938261

>>54936994
https://files.catbox.moe/1wo3hc.mp4
>>54937635
Over the past 5 years I've tried to reach out to do collabs with others and no one wants to collab with me because I don't have a following. I don't want to sound rude but saying "make friends with someone bigger" is...disconnected from reality. I can't go up to someone like Shee Icho or a big indie and ask to be their friend or to collab with them, that is not at all how that works.

>> No.54938340

>>54937635
>. Many corpos pick the safe option based on numbers simply because there is less risk not because of the most potential.
Didnt Hololive hire a bunch of 2views recently?

>> No.54938634

>>54934543
your singing voice is absolutely beautiful, the only debuff here is the lisp, but if scatman can do it sister so can you, turn the debuff into a buff, i believe in you

>> No.54938678

>>54919288
You mean Hakka and Mori, who made music that had hundreds thousands of views?
You need to have content out there people want to watch.
You WONT get hired if you have nothing.

>> No.54938896 [DELETED] 
File: 57 KB, 810x540, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54929594
This amazing. wtf

>> No.54938980

>>54938261
Your voice sounds very 'stereotypically Vtuber' if you know what I mean. Personally, I'd be put off by it since I'd find it a bit grating to listen to.

>> No.54938981
File: 57 KB, 810x540, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54929594
This is amazing. wtf

>> No.54939234

>>54924661
A certain detectives past incarnation named sachiowo
also what kind of reverse image search engine are you using it took me literally one minute to find this

>> No.54940082

>>54915787
Also don't be a tranny.

>> No.54940256

>>54938261
Your voice is alright, it's unique, but it'd certainly filter normalfags.

>> No.54940385

>>54916240
i'm scared to open this link and see how many views she have

>> No.54940395

>>54927126
Link your stream?

>> No.54940454

>>54925394
Have you ever considered some people stream as a hobby?

>> No.54940502

>>54940256
Yeah my voice is...not good. I think my voice is the main reason why I don't have viewers, it isn't nice to listen to.
>>54940395
Read my previous replies, I won't be linking it for obvious reasons.

>> No.54940731

Anonymous, you know the drill. Start the search.

>> No.54940778

>>54938261
>Over the past 5 years I've tried to reach out to do collabs with others and no one wants to collab with me because I don't have a following. I don't want to sound rude but saying "make friends with someone bigger" is...disconnected from reality. I can't go up to someone like Shee Icho or a big indie and ask to be their friend or to collab with them, that is not at all how that works.
Just collab with other small indies.
Come to /asp/, it networks small streamers and it has helped them get to 2view status.
If you stream and never try to network, you won't get anywhere. And if you're afraid of shilling there because of 4chan, just approach anyone there in DMs, they'd be happy to give you advice and/or collab.
>>54852408

Regardless of what you do, wish you the best of luck!

>> No.54940985

>>54940778
In my other replies I stated that no one will collab with me, big or small. Tried reaching out for the past 5 years but no one wants to so to date I have never done a collab. I know you mean well but I'd rather not post myself here in any of the threads, I advertise myself on social media all the time but it's just not working out. I ask that you read all my replies to understand what I'm saying because as I stated I gave up after 3 years and now I'm streaming every day because I find it fun while realizing I will never achieve anything as a VTuber.

>> No.54941102

>>54922697
>they are focused more so on numbers than any kind of talent so even if I were to be perceived as talented it would not matter because I do not have numbers
hololive regularly hires literal 2views. This is pure cope.

>> No.54941248

>>54941102
It sounds like you take the 2view meme way too literally. They may have not been big but everyone Hololive hired was still doing pretty well for themselves in the smaller scope of the indie scene.

>> No.54941261

>>54941102
anon you realize 2views are bigger than the majority of streamers right? you use 2view as if its a negative thing but having anywhere from 10-99 viewers is pretty fucking good. also id like to see you achieve being a 2view chuuba.

>> No.54941274
File: 860 KB, 720x877, fun.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54915787
counterargument:

>> No.54941361

>>54941102
HoloEN hires 5 (five) people every two years.

>> No.54941380

>>54940985
I read and understand, but I'm saying that thread has people who have been streaming for less than 6 months and are already doing well.
Fear is gonna hold you back, but I understand if you say you've given up and just do it for fun, but the fact you're still posting here and venting makes me feel like a small part of you still wishes to do well.
And again, these people are nobodies, they are ok with collabing.

>> No.54941418

so why are we being nice to this supposed femanon? being a chuuba for 5 years and can't even get 10 viewers is pathetic and you guys are sitting here being nice to them about it. femanon needs to kill herself, she's wasting her time and anyone who watches her shitty streams. oh wait! no one watches them so she's really only wasting her time. you need to give up, you have no talent femanon.

>> No.54941635

>>54941380
Again, with all due respect I do not wish to be associated with 4chan. I know that sounds incredibly rude but it's not what I want for myself. I'm posting here because this thread asked a question that I can answer and so I'm answering it to the best of my ability. But no, there is no part of me that wishes to do well. If I ever get back into that mindset where I think maybe someday something will happen if I just work hard, then I will quit streaming because that's the path I chose to take 3 years into being a VTuber.

>> No.54941776

>>54941635
Well sure then, good luck.

>> No.54941993
File: 14 KB, 281x328, 1672196486212501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I personally think that being in the 50-100 viewer range is a larger curse than being a perpetual 2view with only like 15 concurrent viewers maximum. At that point you've essentially got cult numbers, so unless you branch out or improve your content, you will end up babysitting and being forced to kowtow to an increasingly specific audience of autists. It's very easy to have one person dominate the entire chat, or a cabal of Discord kiddies try to control your future streams, OR in the worst case scenario have other 2views leeching off you and pretending they aren't in it for the potential boosting. The reason being a 2view isn't as bad as being mildly popular, is that you don't have the stress of having to live up to your chat's expectations. If you fail or get cancelled or god forbid take a break, you don't start from ground zero, since you're already there.

Also, this isn't a vtuber problem, it's all of Internet video. The curse of having a tiny community that tries to make you their funny e-Puppet is very, very easy to fall into.

>> No.54942086

>>54941635
This is unironically NGMI mentality.

>> No.54942119

>>54941380
anon you realize /asp/ is not the best place right? maybe its just me but /asp/ is kind of a shit hole and i dont think any of the chuubas posting there are talented.

>> No.54942272

>>54942086
and whats wrong with that? theres 0 issue with a chuuba who doesnt want to make money or get famous from being a chuuba. this has fun streaming so i see no issue with them accepting they wont make it anywhere.

>> No.54942330

gumpai psyop

>> No.54942595

>>54940385
865 views on the cover. One of them was me.

>> No.54942774

>>54940502
Your voice isn't bad though, it's more so just normal for a Vtuber as that other anon said. I do prefer your singing voice, though I suppose that's a pretty normal thing to prefer.
Personally I don't think your voice or singing would be debuffs, which would mean that it's either your regular content that's lacking, or just a general lack of ability to advertise yourself.
Obviously though we can't judge your content without seeing it, and I doubt we'd be able to convince you to share your channel. I don't see any real downside to sharing your channel here though, since the worst case scenario is you might be judged harshly, or maybe get some annoying groomers, but otherwise it's more likely that you'll get some useful feedback of your content.

>> No.54943159

>>54941418
Did you even read the thread name? Someone asked whats it like being a freak and fucking bigfoot walked in answering questions

>> No.54943310

>>54915787
Don't stream for views. Stream only if it makes you happy, retard.

>> No.54943492

>>54942774
I constantly post on social media sites throughout the day, though most of it is scheduled since I do have a full time job of course. The fact of the matter is that I don't have resources like a corporation VTuber does so I can't advertise like they do. As far as the content goes I have minimal, and I mean minimal, dead air because I honestly can't shut the heck up but I play a bunch of games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Zelda, Dark Souls, Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Stardew Valley, Monster Hunter, Octopath Traveler, Kingdom Hearts, Gravity Rush, Hyperdimension Neptunia, SaGa, Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, Ever Oasis, Fantasy Life, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, Bravely Third, Splatoon, Outlast, Tales of, Golden Sun, Jak and Daxter, Resident Evil, and way more that I can't think of right now...I'm down to play literally any game and I love trying out a wide variety of games.

>> No.54943972

>>54923344
You don't sound bad, but you should know that already. This isn't advice to you because you seem well past that. But anyone thinking that "singing good" is what makes people successful should get a reality check.

Singing ability is barely relevant, anyone can do it. Even at an Ado level you need a lot more to put out a valuable product (the product being "Ado"). She got support from the best of the best of the utaite scene, it wasn't just her singing capabilities that took her to her breakout success. These people should also see what Suisei did on her channel on her early days, it's all there today and... there's not a lot of singing.
It's not just the singing, it's the entire cultural project around the performer the thing that gets people to listen and put money on the project.

Same goes for streaming. It's not just how to talk, how to interact. Focusing on the parts and realize where the value is. Work hard on providing value, not "good parts". And yeah, it's very fucking hard to be good at this, that's why 99.99% fail at it.

>> No.54944277

>>54938340
Yes, but at least one of them was a nepotism hire which I can prove.
Even then there is a minimum bar and grifters are everywhere.

>>54938261
You can't just ask and expect to magically get a positive response. You would need to find a common interest and bond over that.

Your voice is nice and your singing ability though not remarkable is good enough. I don't think there's a right answer just best methods based on what result you want.
You sound entirely defeated but still have hope something different is possible. I'm not going to tell you to keep trying but perhaps focusing on what you want and doing things different might get you there.

>> No.54944561

>>54944277
>your singing ability though not remarkable is good enough
im going to blow my brains out. why are anons like you so fucking retarded? do you have corn for ears?

>> No.54944677

>>54926363
its looking grim even these posts are boring me
to sum it up
>noooo i wont advertise myself literally anywhere i have to pick and choose
>noooo i wont talk to the peasants thats so creeeeepy
like no shit youre struggling
also get off yt and multistream to twitch seriously wtf

>> No.54944983

>>54943492
>No Minecraft mentioned
Yup, now we know the REAL problem

>> No.54945072

>>54944677
anon you are retarded if you think advertising yourself on 4chan is a good thing. femanon is using the main ones like twitter and reddit. also i wouldnt want to talk to any of those failures from /asp/ either are you insane?

>> No.54945334

>>54943492
Anon, I saved your cupid cover as failedvtuber mp3, it's pretty good.
I kinda caught up with the thread and I'm glad youre still here, I know youve been bombarded with advice already but as someone that regularly watches 50 view vtubers maybe I can help you on the next step.

It's actually not that hard, Anon, are you likeable? I don't recall you saying where you stream but if it's twitch, you can actually get quite a bit of views by just being around in chats, be a regular in someone elses stream, become known and liked in their community but dont mention to anyone that youre streaming too. An easy way to become liked is by just gifting subs by the way, but you have to keep chatting actively too, maybe even in offline chats or discords.

I get the feeling that you're a little too proud of being a "streamer", statements like
>Also I do not allow any kind of private communication between myself and my viewers since that is downright creepy.
are simply contemptful to your poor viewers. Do you have a discord server? Do you do anything to keep the community active? Any events or games you play together? Can your viewers participate in the stream more than just through the chat?

Once you got a few more viewers other problems come up like >>54941993 described, but those got different strategies. You definitely got the right assets for being a vtuber and I think I'd watch you if you dropped some of your pride. Sorry if I made a lot of assumptions about you. Wish you good luck though, hope we come across some day.

>> No.54945346

>>54944677
You're proof why she shouldn't share her details here

>> No.54945910

>>54941993
Have a friend who does twitch streaming and she gets around 60-150 viewers a stream. Not sure how she's surviving since she doesn't have a job but it's been about three years since she started. I gradually stopped talking to her as much as I used to since she changed her friend circle to vtubers and vtuber adjacent people and networks with them. So for her it seems like she's trying to hustle for the break just around the corner that might not come compared to 2 views who have resigned themselves. Does she actually enjoy tard wrangling on discord and trying not to step on people's toes on twitter? I don't want to ask since I don't want to feel like a "work friend". At this point for her even when she's not streaming it's like being a teacher not getting paid for working off the clock.

>> No.54946145

>>54943492
Is you full time job Math related? My intuition is telling me it's likely.

>> No.54946234

>>54945334
I can't answer the question of if I'm likeable or not because I don't know if I am. I guess my gut is to say no since no one watches me. I use Streamlabs and that allows me to stream to both YouTube and Twitch at the same time. I work a full time job so that on top of streaming every day does not net me enough time to watch others livestream. I'm a bit confused at your post, telling me to gift subs. You're telling me to spend money on someone in order to gain my own audience which is, and I'm so sorry to be mean, the worst advice I have ever heard in my life. While I do have a discord for myself that was made many years ago in order to have the ability to collab with people if the time came, it never did. I am not going to join discord servers or create my own because discord houses the nastiest people out there. There is no reason at all for anyone who watches my streams to have access to me privately. If people wish to talk to me they can during my streams or they can leave comments on social media, I will not give myself to strangers privately and no one in these corporations do this either so I will stand firm on my decision. As far as keeping my community active, I stream every day and post on social media constantly and reply to every single reply. I prefer to play single player games but from time to time I will do a multi player game like Mario Party or Mario Kart where my viewers can participate if they wish. I'm not sure where the notion of me being "prideful" came up. If I had pride in my VTuber "career" I would be stupidly spending my money to advertise myself and improve equipment and etc. But 3 years into me being a VTuber I had to make peace with the fact that I will not make anything of myself so now I stream for fun. Your advice, while I'm hoping is well intentioned, is creepy and does not show you understand what I was trying to convey with my messages here. I ask that if you cannot respect the fact that I now stream because I find it enjoyable that you do not try and give me advice because your advice is how to grow myself when I have given up on that years ago.

>> No.54946601

>>54946145
I am the dumbest person on the planet when it comes to math. Let me give you an example. I would have to use a calculator for 7 x 4. I'm actually just a simple office lady. I have a WPM of roughly 130 so my job is to just sit at my desk from 9 to 5, type what I see on hundreds of documents into the computer and answer phone calls. It pays super well, I get every holiday off and I get paid vacations. Not to mention they allow me to watch Netflix while on the job since I can multi task. I know it's strange to say but I love typing, I love the sound, I love the feeling, I just love typing for some stupid reason so I really love my job.

>> No.54946613

>>54915787
I honestly stick to big Holo chuubas because I fear the feeling of pity when I think about small indies.

>> No.54946658

I watch low views because i want to groom them and build actual connections.
If you are not going to be parasocial you wont make it.

>> No.54946942

>>54938261
God I hate that voice. You should be a loli.

>> No.54947085

>>54938261
Sounds like a dragon loli that is 3,000 year old.

>> No.54947118

>>54946942
Yeah I guess seeing the other replies my voice is bad, huh? But I am a loli.

>> No.54947633

>>54946234
Fine then Anon, have it your way. Your pride is approaching this as a corporate vtuber when youre not, not in the budget kind of way but about how you handle yourself. No surprise it didnt work for 3 years. Also the path you chose seems more youre actively working against becoming bigger and not just understanding that you wont become bigger. If it's fun for you thats good.

>> No.54947682

>>54947118
You said you were mother like so I assumed youbwerr not a loli.
I think your larp is falling apart.

>> No.54947902

>>54929594
I'll caveat this by saying that I'm ignorant regarding music, but my unvarnished opinion is that you're not as good as vtubers known for their singing (i.e. Suisei, IRyS), but you're well above average for vtuber singing. If you're not already getting any coaching, I think if you got some you could hit the upper echelon.

>> No.54947928

>>54947682
Loli's can't be motherly? I regularly do ASMR where I roleplay that the viewers have their heads on my lap or on my chest so they can hear my heartbeat. Is there a better term to describe that than motherly?

>> No.54947977

>>54947682
Please don't bully her anon, she clearly has some of the 'tism, which makes her one of us.

>> No.54947991

>>54947928
GFE.

>> No.54948084

>>54947633
you and that other anon are proving to femanon why she shouldnt be sharing her channel here. you guys are needlessly being cunts to femanon, why? because they want to act professional and not talk to a bunch of discord troons in private? you are disgusting lmfao.

>> No.54948167

>>54947928
sisterly.

>> No.54948177

>>54947991
Oh I see. I guess saying I did GFE content felt weird but if that's a better term to use compared to being motherly then sure. I'm a flirty, GFE loli type VTuber.

>> No.54948284

>>54948167
No, not sisterly. I like to be more doting than a sister would. I also like the strangeness of a loli acting motherly/GFE towards you.

>> No.54948329

>>54948177
Honestly it's criminal that you didn't make it into IdolEN, hopefully you get in gen 3!

>> No.54948391

>>54947902
i would argue femanon is better than Suisei and IRyS but people dont want to hear anyone talk about blue dorito. no offense to your opinion anon.

>> No.54948503

Post yourself on /uoh/.
I promise we are good people we just like lolis a lot and would never hurt them.

>> No.54948547

>>54948329
I appreciate the kind message but the people who get hired get hired because they have talent and are entertaining. I lack talent and the ability to be entertaining so I'd rather they hire the people that do make it in.

>> No.54948579

>>54948391
None taken, singing quality is highly subjective unless you do it at a professional level.

>> No.54948586

>>54948084
hey if its just for your personal enjoyment dont expect any growth, its like youre jerking off and expecting others to enjoy it.
surely giving away her channel on 4chan is more professional behaviour kek

>> No.54948653

>>54946234
Not the anon you replied to, but there's a huge difference between pandering to dm groomers and being sociable. The reality of the situation is that unless you do something remarkable then nobody will seek you out. Even if you get a few interactions from the odd traveler they likely won't see a reason to care beyond that one interaction. When you have nothing you have to cling to something or you're simply rolling the dice and hoping to beat the odds.

I'm not sure what you could possibly be looking for out of this thread if it's as hopeless as you say. As a viewer I'm jaded to the idea that you can be friends with a vtuber just by investing in their future no matter how much they grow from your help. If you want help you need to ask for it and accept it I guess. I don't think 4chan is the best place to get it but you will get honesty at least.

>> No.54948668

>>54948503
If I ever receive fanart, which I probably won't since it's been 5 years at this point, I'll post it there and pretend it's not me posting there.

>> No.54948829

>>54948668
ToT

>> No.54948855

>>54947928
What about posting asmr rp videos?

>> No.54948942

>>54915787
Stream because you want to. Not for what it may bring.
Build it and they may come.

>> No.54949230

>>54948653
The fact of the matter is that talking to viewers in a private manner is disgusting, unprofessional and crosses my boundaries. Majority of big named VTubers do not have a discord in which they engage in this kind of behavior and if they do they are not seeking to form connections, they as seeking to turn people into ATM's and coax people into a false sense of security that the viewer they are talking to in private are "special" to them. If people want to talk to me I post on social media constantly and I stream daily, those are ample opportunities for people to talk to me if they feel so inclined. I have heard horror stories of people talking to viewers in private, it's disgusting on both sides. There is not a single scenario where a VTuber has used discord to talk to their viewers in a private manner that has not ended badly. If wanting to be professional and not talk to viewers in a private manner does not make me sociable then so be it. Also I am not here for help, this thread asked a question that I am able to answer so I have been answering questions. If people do not want to ask these questions and get answers then I can leave but so far I have seen questions that I can answer and I felt inclined to answer them.

>> No.54949472

>>54948547
Even if what you say is true that all the others who have made it in are more talented than you, the fact of the matter is that the amount of Englisch speaking GFE loli vtubers that can also sing well and play lots of vidya and don't have deadair is very very sparse, so you should reasonably make it in eventually.
Additionally this is with the assumption that your content is supposedly as boring as you claim it to be, which is doubtful considering how much you undersell yourself.

>> No.54949497

>>54948855
I actually already do this, yes. I stated a few replies back that I do livestreams, videos and shorts. I have been doing ASMR roleplaying videos for a long time now. My most recent one was something along the lines of an at home study session where I confess my crush to you, the viewer. I had a lot of book sounds, pencil sounds, breathing sounds, heartbeat sounds and then of course we officially became girlfriend and boyfriend by having our first kiss. Not all of them are like that but I do like to make them more intimate from time to time. Funny enough, when I have downtime at work I write ASMR roleplay scripts.

>> No.54950046

>>54949472
I appreciate the kindness, I really do. The fact is that I do not have talent and I am not entertaining otherwise over the years something would have happened. But that's okay. It was a tough pill to swallow but I had to face reality that I won't go anywhere so now I just stream for fun. While it does hurt to see these people get hired over me the truth is that they're better than me and I'd rather these companies hire people who are talented and entertaining. Could you imagine if they hired me over someone like Roca Rourin for example? That'd be a disaster, I love Roca, she's so hardworking and insanely talented!

>> No.54950735

>>54949230
You mentioned not having time to watch other streamers but also don't have much of a community. A big part of networking when you're small is interacting in a larger community rather than hoping one builds up around you.
>I have heard horror stories...
I've witnessed them first hand and was accused of instigating one. There are disgusting people out there but part of standing out from the crowd is being in the crowd.
My only question for you is why did you want a large audience originally and did give it an honest effort before giving up?

>> No.54950748

>>54949230
what exactly do you understand as "talking in a private manner" ?
Would for example joining a public discord (your non existent one) and playing games with your viewers in the public voice chat be too private for you?

What do you talk about in your streams? Are you talking just about the game or are you also sharing some """private""""" details, like what you ate yesterday for example?

What about 1 on 1 meetings that corporate vtubers do with their viewers? Theyre certainly not private, but they do make the viewer feel special, do you think they are just milking them?

>> No.54951332

>>54950046
>Could you imagine if they hired me over someone like Roca Rourin for example?
True, but Roca is an exceptional case since she's been doing music her whole life, you don't have to be better than Roca at music to deserve to get in.
I'm also still not convinced that your content is as boring as you say it is, and I won't be convinced unless you actually post samples of your regular content, or something like that. Idk, it's kind of asking a lot since you also want to stay anonymous.

>> No.54951433

>>54942330
Stop fucking mentioning me on this site. This is literally why anon does not want to shill herself here. Literally fucking kill yourself you fucking faggot. I know you’re an /asp/ie too, I will literally ruin your reputation amongst this community.

>> No.54951434

>>54938340
>a bunch of 2views
No? One of them has a channel with songs that have millions of views.

>> No.54951467

Personally I don't mind the small viewership. Im able to get to know the few people who show up more than if they were just one voice in a sea of hundreds. The main thing that annoys me is the fakeness. Everyone talks about wanting to "create a community, and uplift each other". You reach out to these people and end up getting ghosted while they proceed to talk to the same group of people. "I wanna follow and support some indy vtubers" *proceeds to push an account with 350+ followers
And if they do pick up a small chanal its usually a friend of theirs. Post memes, make streams and fuck everyone else

>> No.54951742

>>54950735
Honestly, I would find it incredibly rude if someone were to watch my streams only to get the attention of my viewers to get their own viewers. I would not want to do the same to someone else. Originally I thought it would be fun to have people watching me play video games, talk about my day, etc. In high school I watched a lot of YouTubers who made me happy and helped me through low points in my life by just being them, so I wanted to do the same for others.
>>54950748
Talking in a private manner means anything that is not public. My livestream chat is public, twitter is public, reddit is public. Discord is not public, DM's are not public, email is not public. So yes, having a discord server and playing games with viewers and talking to them in a voice chat is private and not something a professional should do and it disgusts me. If people want to talk to me there are too many public options to pick from. I talk about the game, I talk about my life in a way that omits "real world" information and plays into my character. For example I wouldn't say I went to x restaurant and ate a burger for lunch, I would say I had a burger for lunch and make up a restaurant name that fits the "lore" of the character I play. 1 on 1 meetings that corporate VTubers do with their viewers is a paid event and involves staff being there with the viewers and the VTubers. I do not have these resources so I cannot do that. If I had the ability to one day have the resources where I did a "handshake event" which is something that is popular in Japan, then I would like to do that but that would require staff being there obviously. But if a VTuber has a discord and is talking to viewers in private that is unprofessional, disgusting and they are creating ATM's, not fans.
>>54951332
Considering the fact that people have a fact with me not wanting to talk with people in a private manner that just reinforces the fact that I will never be giving out my information here. I'm very sorry.

>> No.54952567

>>54951742
People will gladly turn into an ATM its not something disgusting really. Spending money on streamers you like feels nice. Are you perhaps scared to earn money through vtubing? Do you like your hobby so much that you dont want it tainted by money? The fact that youve not earned even one cent through that much effort is highly curious. Did you set up any donation option all?

>> No.54952713

>>54951742
The reason you are not successful is because you don't understand fan culture. VTubers and content creators can cultivate relationships with fans that are not inherently predatory and manipulative. Rather than criticizing your own content, your mindset is not conducive to being successful from the start. It seems you view your character as a form of expression more than a form of entertainment. Rather than playing games, I'd rather hear a video essay on what you think separates successful kayfabe VTubers from failed ones.

>> No.54953208

>>54948547
>I lack talent and the ability to be entertaining
Common sense too

>> No.54953264

>>54951742
>Considering the fact that people have a fact with me not wanting to talk with people in a private manner that just reinforces the fact that I will never be giving out my information here. I'm very sorry.
I was more so thinking of you posting sound clips of your content that would let you stay anonymous, but it would be asking too much of you just to get feedback from anons.

>> No.54953277

>>54952567
Again, I've been doing this for 5 years. At the start it would have been awesome to earn money and have people watch me but as the years went by and by the time I hit my 3rd year I realized neither was happening so I instead told myself I will continue streaming while realizing I will never make anything of myself. If I begin to get that glimmer of hope and think that I should be earning something from streaming I will stop streaming. That's a promise I made to myself. I've had a donation link up for the entire 5 years, yes but I can't force people to donate. If they want to donate they will and I will appreciate it. If they don't want to donate they won't and I will appreciate someone watching.
>>54952713
My "character" is there to express myself, albeit in a roleplay fashion while also entertaining people. I don't know what "kayfabe" is, I googled it and it seems related to wrestling so I don't understand what you're asking. At any rate, I understand fan culture but I also understand that people such as Fauna or Mumei do not talk to their fans in a private manner because it is unprofessional and disgusting and I do not want to do something unprofessional or disgusting.

>> No.54953776

>>54953277
Without getting into dox territory, are you aware that almost every vtuber had a public (or private as you say) discord before going corpo? And they certainly werent inactive in them either.

>> No.54953848

>>54953277
You have not been doing this for 5 years if you don't know what kayfabe is.
Are you a pathological liar or what do you get out of this?

>> No.54953862

If there isn't even a business email how do expect someone to ask for a collab? Asking publicly is rude and frowned upon so it makes sense nobody has asked.

>> No.54954332

>>54953264
I posted a small clip of my Night Dancer cover which is public on my YouTube channel, I posted a shabby cover of Cupid I sang for this thread and then I posted a small clip of me talking. If people really wanted I could try to do just an audio clip of a stream I did but at this rate there's no point. People are not understanding that I do not wish to talk with viewers in a private manner, especially on discord of all the internet cesspools, and no one seems to understand that 3 years into my VTuber "career" I had to swallow the hardest pill, grow up and understand that I won't be getting anywhere as a VTuber so I could focus on doing it solely for fun forever. The thought of some of these people posting here possibly being the people who I would have to talk to in a private manner through discord sends chills down my spine.
>>54953776
I'll pick someone who we all know has a discord right now, that being Sayu the "indie" VTuber as we all know. I find it unprofessional and disgusting that a VTuber would have a discord to talk to viewers in a private setting. If people take issue with my stance on this then that's fine. I'm not going to talk to viewers in a private setting.
>>54953848
I don't know 4chan lingo so I don't know what "kayfabe" is. You could easily define "kayfabe" since the google definition does not help educate me since I don't watch wrestling so I fail to see how that applies to what we're talking about.
>>54953862
I have a business email. I've reached out to 50 different VTubers of different sizes to collab and no one wants to collab with me and no one has asked me to collab. A business email is a must have but it's not getting any use.

>> No.54955166

>>54954332
The way I see it it's more disgusting that you don't want to connect with your viewers at all and yet you want them to watch and invest their time in you. I can see now why you struggle to keep people.

>> No.54955626

>>54955166
Again, viewers can talk to be in a public manner in many different ways. Twitter, reddit, YouTube comments, YouTube livestream chat, Twitch livestream chat. I do not want to talk to them in a private manner, that is disgusting, creepy, unprofessional and serves no purpose. Discord is a cesspool filled with disgusting lifeforms and I do not want to put myself in a position where I have to talk to these people away from the public. I am done with this conversation, you can go enjoy "grooming" a VTuber who is willing to put up with nasty people in a private manner all for the sake of "connecting with viewers" but it is not something I will be doing and it's not something VTubers in Hololive, for example, will be doing either.

>> No.54955682

>>54954332
Have you ever reincarnated and tried your luck under a new name or avatar?

>> No.54956459

discordfags please leave the fucking thread youre shitting it up

>> No.54956555

>>54955626
> it's not something VTubers in Hololive, for example, will be doing either.
sure, they wont now. but they certainly have before being in an agency. youre idealizing vtubers and deluding yourself with some higher than thou morals.

>> No.54957331

>>54955682
You know, I have thought about doing this but I don't think it would be worth trying nor would it make a difference. For starters I'm already a bit ashamed at myself because I spent money on my original VTuber model back when VTubing was still quite new and then when VTubing become more mainstream I got an upgrade in terms of art quality and rigging quality. The fact that I already spent money on upgrading the art and rigging by working with famous artists and riggers was stupid on my part considering there was no need since it didn't change anything as far as my "success" goes. "Reincarnating" would be a bit pointless I feel and would be a waste of my money, especially considering I put thousands in already and have not received a single cent. The first model, the model upgrade, the assets, the lore video, the animations, the debut trailers, etc. That's a lot of money I spent for nothing since I can't even break 100 subscribers. Maybe I should get one of those $30 models that everyone can use and start a second channel that is completely new and the anons can watch that one? Sounds like a dumb idea though, it is a dumb idea. If I were to do that the other anon would get mad that I wouldn't be talking to those viewers on discord though, so it would be annoying having to deal with that.

>> No.54957457

>>54954332
"Kayfabe" refers to staying in character, so a Vtuber who is always kayfabe is always roleplaying their character.

>> No.54957606

>>54957457
Ah, I see. Thank you for defining it for me, not sure why they couldn't use the term roleplaying instead. But yes, I do very much roleplay and mention very little about the "real world" or myself behind the VTuber because it does not fit the lore/story.

>> No.54957785

>>54957606
It's a wrestling term

>> No.54957913
File: 31 KB, 553x960, 135015577_163696592211639_6737094028169238921_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54915787
>Be Ron
>Becomes a vtuber 5 years ago after watching the OGs
>Pretty much overshadowed by the big names of the old vtubing meta
>Still continues to stream or upload vids despite low numbers, about 10-20 people per stream. 20 is on a good night
>Getting mogged so hard and begins to lose hope
>Enter 2020
>Begins to associate with a PH vtuber group with another girl
>Gets a dedicated mod from that group
>Things begin to look up and gets better views
>gets 30-50 views on average
>gets to join collabs with other small tubers
>Yes that includes Fuzuki Miki. If you know, you know
>2021
>Enter Monster Hunter arc
>Streams nothing but Monters Hunter
>views were good at the start
>The PH group screwed her friend and pretty much forced her to not say anything
>The group begins to crumble with how the head honcho screwed over his talents and 3 upcoming ones
>Decided to fuck off and make her own discord server
>Numbers begin to drop due to content getting boring (Who would want to watch another Monster Hunter stream number 546?)
>Remember Fuzuki Miki? Yeah she graduated.
>Realizes she's getting left behind
>Makes alot of doom posting in her socials
>Instead of making more variety of streams, she decides to stream more monster hunter
>Chat is also heavily moderated by the cunt of a mod who reveals to be this snob
>Because she got involved with that PH group she garnered overseas viewers but alienated her JP viewers
>Numbers plummet and she barely gets 10 ccv per stream
>Gets depressed and may or may not have planned to commit unlife (Heard it from an unreliable source)
>Enter 2022
>Tries to pick up the pieces and decided to change up things
>Still plays monster hunter games but finally streams other things
>She finally goes back to more than 10 ccv.
>Last time I check she had 30+ viewers
She's a nice girl but damn vtubing screwed her hard. On the bright side she's getting back on her feet. I would say I am guilty for no longer watching her cause damn the Monster Hunter arc killed it for me as with many others.

>> No.54957932

>>54957785
I don't watch wrestling, it is not for me at all.

>> No.54958573

>>54957606
One problem might be that you're too kayfabe from what you've said. Vtuber fans do generally like a bit of kayfabe, but if you avoid discussion of the real world too much you'll end up being too detached from your viewers who want to learn more about you. Having specific streams that are full kayfabe can be fine, but if you're kayfabe all the time even during zatsu streams then it can get too much for viewers.

>> No.54958704

>>54958573
why are nijiniggers like this. fuwamoco were popular before hololive and are popular in hololive because of kayfabe.

>> No.54958827

>>54958573
if kayfabe filters you then you are unironically a nigger and should kill yourself

>> No.54958917

>>54955626
I'm the anon that mentioned kayfabe first. I'm a male vtuber that has a couple hundred subs after streaming for a couple months and avg 15 ccv. I don't plan to make vox numbers either. Chatters have asked me to make a discord numerous times. I don't have one either because I don't like things happening where I can't see them. There are lots of reasons to not have one especially if you're a woman. There's nothing wrong with that decision. However, more often than not, the community you build will reflect your values. You have a lot of scorn for a community you have yet to build so it seems like you hate VTuber fans in general. There are all types of fans but you are filtering all of them, even the ones that would gladly support you. Regardless, this is my last post on this thread and 4ch. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. Have fun vtubing!

>> No.54959070

>>54957331
my guy 5 years, daily streams, good model, okayish voice, good singing, yt and twitch, not a single cent earned and not even 100 subs (im guessing on yt?)

youre taking the piss here youre either not streaming on twitch or i wouldve seen (fuck yt discoverability) or in some godforsaken language or website nobody knows

nice larp though

>> No.54959171

>>54958704
Fuwamoco didn't exist before Hololive. You ok?

>> No.54959393
File: 475 KB, 959x539, 166.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54959171
Anon...I don't even.

>> No.54959695

>>54958917
Wow that's amazing! I'm so happy for you for gaining so much support and success like that. I don't have scorn for people who watch my streams, I just do not want to talk to people in private because it is unprofessional and disgusting on my end and theirs. If people want to talk to me they can do so on social media and livestreams. They do not need to talk to me in a private setting and if people don't want to support me for that then so be it.
>>54959070
Not even 100 subscribers/followers. I have about 15 followers on Twitch and about 30 on YouTube. I multistream to both at the same time to try and cast my net out as far as possible.
>>54959171
I don't even know how to reply to this...

>> No.54960057

>>54959695
$100 betting you havent even pressed start streaming once and youre larping

>> No.54960250

People are constantly just grilling me for not wanting to talk to people privately in discord so I think I'm done answering questions since there's no point anymore. Plus it's late here and I want to watch a movie before bed. Thank you to those who had an interest in my experiences and wanted to ask questions and give encouragement. Also thank you to those who say my singing is okay-ish, I will keep working hard to improve my singing and maybe one day it will impress a corporation like Hololive, Production Kawaii or even Idol EN. I think if I could pick I would like to join Idol EN, they seem really fun. At any rate, I will keep streaming to no one every day like I have been for the past 5 years and while people want me to try this or that to try and grow I vowed to myself 3 years in that I have to accept the fact that I will not make it so I can either stop streaming or I can stream just because I find it fun. I hope you all have a wonderful night or day, I appreciate you for the most part being chill, kind and understanding.

>> No.54960482

>>54960250
GMI

>> No.54960514

if any chuubas ever think about posting their channels on 4chan i want to show them this thread so they know not to. it went from being nice to some random 1view to suddenly being shitty, even by our standards lmao. also please kill yourselves discordniggers.

>> No.54960647

>>54960057
100% Larp. Jumped the fucking shark at 15 followers. Even mutes get 100 followers in a month or two.

>> No.54960671

>>54960250
no one cares

>> No.54960696

>>54960250
Ganbatteee I love your unwavering iron will!

>> No.54960819

>>54960696
she wont talk to you on discord bro, ignore her

>> No.54961368

>>54960514
Yeah, I just wanted to see what her content was like but in the end discordniggers have to scare her away.

>> No.54962033

>>54960819
Nah man I don't use my discord except to talk to some old friends, I just REALLY like how accurate she is to the Sisyphus image and sticks to her beliefs of her ideal vtuber.

>> No.54962053

>>54925754
gambare anonchuuba. if I have you right, I too hope to see you succeed even if it means following you to a new life.

>> No.54962114

>>54961368
There is no content and they're laughing about this thread on Discord right now

>> No.54963638

>>54957913
Imagine being so terminally online that you're willing to kill yourself over this meaningless internet shit.

>> No.54965176

>>54963638
She has some issues anon, like every vtubers in existence. Them offing themselves over "this meaningless internet shit" is nothing unusual.

>> No.54965495

>ESL
>accent
>autism
>indie games
>wh / nerd

Does a worse debuff exists?

>> No.54965715

Autisisphys-chan reminds me a lot of a christian girl I knew.

>> No.54966014

>>54922697
Ok, I'll bite, what's the channel.

>> No.54966274

>>54925063
Very salient post.

>> No.54966753

>>54946234
>I use Streamlabs and that allows me to stream to both YouTube and Twitch at the same time.
Isn't that against TOS

>> No.54966900

>>54966753
Yeah, make sure you call the twitch police and let them know.

>> No.54966951

>>54965495
Yeah, male

>> No.54967217

Jesus Christ, I tried looking for her channel but both youtube and Twitch make it fucking impossible to find small channels, no wonder so many indies can't fucking grow, no one can even fucking find them.

>> No.54967571

>>54967217
Yes unironically one of the hardest things to accomplish as a small indie is getting your channel to even be visible in the first place.

>> No.54968392

>>54967217
once in a blue moon a small Indie can be shown on the yt homepage but thats it. Unless you shill on the new pajeet owner and pay him to show your channel, which is pretty much not a viable option to most indies. While in Twitch its easier to find a small indie...but you have to dig through alot of small indies and alot of them are parading their mental illness.

>> No.54968710

>>54967217
Yep, almost impossible unless it gets recommended

>> No.54969041

>>54938261
Not enough audio to tell if cute or annoying

>> No.54969578

>>54929594
>>54933886
When it comes to vtubers being "good" at technical singing isn't nearly as important as having a voice that steals the hearts of viewers, in that sense your voice is definitely good enough.

>> No.54969716

>>54938340
Hololive always picks vtubers with youtube channels with at least 300 to 400k subscribers or rising 4views.

>> No.54970036

>>54969716
You're a fuckin moron who needs to do reps. Not all of them fall into that category newfag.

>> No.54970061

>>54947928
I listen to a huge amount of jp and even en asmr, if you post it I can give advice on that, since asmr should be the easiest way to boost numbers, and you can even pre record and release as videos to prop up your subscribers without having to stream in empty rooms.

>> No.54970366

>>54970036
Well it was true for myth and like, most of council (all of council?). I'm talking about en. Advent also fit that description too. It's actually totally accurate. Even GGN hit 4view at the end.

>> No.54973373

Man this thread just make me sad for some indies out there. One of my cousins did vtubing for about 6-8 months and got around 600 follows and the first check on twitch by the second month, However she started to stagnate due to her steaming at odd hours(around 4 AM), posting schedules and not acting on them(She did this around 4 times in a row), and streaming less and less.

>> No.54977403

>>54966753
that is not against tos. its against twitch tos but only if youre an affiliate on twitch. if you arent an affiliate on twitch it doesnt matter.

>> No.54978212

Where's the best places to shill your favorite 2views?

>> No.54978673

>>54922697
What do you play?
You do art streams?
Can you play an instrument?

>> No.54978911

>>54977403
>anon missed the ToS change

>> No.54979232

>>54969716
That is not true.
Ame, the gem loli, Mumei, Bae, none of them were that big before holo

>> No.54979336

>>54915787
>10 viewers
That must be hard, but if you eventually get to about 200-300 viewers then you made it. You don't want more that about 900-1000 viewers because that's when you start to get too popular and it attracts drama and dumb newfags. I've been 3view pilled and it's great.

>> No.54979422

>>54915787
A majority of streamers are ngmi and frankly not cut out for the entertainment industry. Even if you have the chops, it still comes down to luck and who you know usually.

>> No.54979431

>>54979232
Ame hit 4view before she went to hololive, and mumei had an asmr channel that was in the 300k/400k range from my memory. Not sure about the other two but it's probably the same as well.

>> No.54979438

>>54967217
It's fucked.
You gotta pimp yourself on twitter, insta, and tik tok.
Gotta do something viral and outrageous to capture an audience

>> No.54979624

>>54979431
Mumei's wasn't asmr I mixed it up, it was even bigger: https://www.youtube.com/@shachimu/videos

>> No.54979623

>>54960250
>gotta pay your dues before you pay the rent

>> No.54979805

>>54978911
well they must not enforce it because ive been streaming to both at the same time every day for the past year with no issue.

>> No.54979831

>>54979624
My bad I thought she was just some generic egirl didn't realize she was an actual vtuber.
Did Ame hit that much? I thought she was a nobody on twitch.

>> No.54979939

>>54979624
Wow if this is true that must fucking suck to have more subscribers in your past life compared to being with a huge company like Hololive.

>> No.54980154

>>54979831
From my memory she was like fauna I think where only a couple months after hitting the 4view mark stopped streaming before joining. A while back I looked at all the past en accounts and came to the 300/400k subscriber or 4view streamer limit that hololive seemed to have for en, I'm not sure if anyone broke that rule, but I never looked at bijou but it applies to the rest of advent.

>> No.54980294

>>54979939
You say that but having many subs doesn't mean they're monetizable subs. The only case where I would say a streamer became worse off in terms of monetization after joining hololive is probably magni.

>> No.54980431

Oh. So this is the grooming thread?

>> No.54980586

>>54980431
Yeah get to the back of the line it's pretty long.

>> No.54980840

>>54953862
Don't people use twitter dm's.

>> No.54981118

>>54929594
Bretty nice desu, very soulful.

>> No.54982225

>>54929594
Must... save.... ahhhhhhh

>> No.54982736

>>54923716
What are your talents?

>> No.54984268

Lily_singmusic is a jap vtuber who's been going at it for almost 5 years but hasn't had any major success. She releases her own projects and even had some involving other small jap indie vtubers but that also didn't get a lot of success. I'm not musically attuned so I can't rate her music, but she really works her ass off to get somewhere. These guys are resilient, but I guess they're like every other idol, singer, actor, or YouTuber grinding after years of nothing minimal success. Unless they're lucky or know the right people, they won't see their views ever increase.

>> No.54984670
File: 118 KB, 421x432, 1690641426106513.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey this thread is still here!
How did the story of the pesimistic 1view femanon go?
Someone spoonfeed me.

>> No.54984852

>>54915787
I'm not a vtuber but I've been streaming inconsistently and for fun for about 5 to 6 years and the most I've ever gotten at once was like 13 viewers due to a twitch raid, but without that it was like 10 viewers on a separate stream on youtube iirc. I've been uploading videos to youtube, again, for fun, and managed to get only 230 subscribers even after one or two videos blow up and get like 100K+ views or something. This is without trying to make it into my job, especially now I don't have time to stream due my shitty night shift job.

If I actually put effort into it, especially if I become a vtuber and invest in a half-decent model only to get the same results, I'd probably be too demoralized to continue. Not trying and sometimes getting some views on the videos or sudden activity in a stream chat is fun, but actually trying and not getting even that would destroy me, I think.
I've applied to holostarsEN twice, once before they were even revealed and then one more time after tempus, and I don't think I have energy to try again because I just know they haven't even looked at my audition because I have shitty numbers on youtube and basically nothing on twitch.
And the worst part
I don't agree with how they want people to have "experience" with vtubing specifically as if it was a complex thing, I know my way around computers, have a bachelor's in COMPYUTORS and I know how to fucking use OBS and any other software so what the fuck. I know it's all about the numbers for them and it just kinda sucks.
I'm not investing in a model just to get "experience" to then not get hired anyway, fuck that and fuck them.

>> No.54984914

>>54915787
Your image answers it
One must imagine the 2view happy

>> No.54985151

ngl if I see a streamer with just 10 viewers I get too embarrassed to join. What if they try to talk to me

>> No.54985323

>>54985151
Same desu

>> No.54985406

>>54985151
Just say nothin

>> No.54985957

>>54985151
They won't talk to you unless you say hi first unless they're some weirdo who calls out lurkers.

>> No.54986715

>>54985151
made that same mistake and I still regret it.

>> No.54988018

Grim

>> No.54988523

>>54915787
ask shiori

>> No.54988946

>>54915787
have some perspective. a typical teacher spends their entire 40+ year career "streaming" to ~30 students at a time for 8 hours a day.

if you manage 10 viewers you're 1/3 of a teacher

>> No.54989258

>>54933108
Whats your ratio of singing content vs gaming or just chatting? Going off of only the information you have given so far Considering your singing ability is your strongest piece, how many videos of songs do you have? And how many karaoke streams have you done?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action