[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 303 KB, 660x649, 1624642379732.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5652762 No.5652762 [Reply] [Original]

>Vtubers serve many of the purposes that deities did in ancient times. They aren't real, but they have an impact due to the influence of their followers. Their looks and personalities are handcrafted to attract and capture the attention of people(mostly men) who do not get to receive affection from any other figure in their lives. Their 'churches' grow rich and influential.
>You can see it everywhere you look, the art, the fanfics, the schizo posts. These masks have been turned into symbols, given meaning they were never meant to have.

>Vtubers serve many of the purposes that deities did in ancient times.
Agree, but with reservations which will soon appear.
>They aren't real, but they have an impact due to the influence of their followers.
Much like Deities they are real in a non literal sense. Watame isn't a real person but she is full of real output and shares many elements of her roommate -- but Watame, or rather her roomate, is, perhaps, 'gifted' energy by her followers to become Watame. This energy gives her confidence and real energy.
In much the same way you could say Caesar, Brutus, or Augustus were built by their followers and ideals. Brutus, the human, did not want to kill Caesar, but Brutus, the Senator, did, and had to. Caesar, likewise, deeply loved Pompey as the good husband to his deceased daughter -- nonetheless he marched in battle against Pompey.
But will you deny these men their sins? It is not so easy to divorce the person they felt they had to be, and made themselves, from the person relaxed from underneath the demands of their environment.

Likewise we must realize Watame, as a person, would not act how she does now, as a V-Tuber, if she were not a V-Tuber -- but nonetheless she, as a V-Tuber, is Watame in much the same way Caesar was Caesar, regardless of if he was speaking to friends or his supporters. The energy which gives form to both forms, not that they are confined to only two forms -- I say only two for simplicity's sake, cannot claim divorce from each of it's outcomes. The energy which makes Pekora's roommate is the same which makes Pekora, and both are impossible to replace -- both are the same thing too.

V-Tubing allows these people to reach their exaggerated and almost mythical forms. These forms are not fake, they are based on reality, but they are normally impossible for most people to realize in themselves -- we do not have hundreds of thousands of fans cheering on these forms.
>Their looks and personalities are handcrafted to attract and capture the attention of people
Chicken and egg. I think, through Occam's razor, you can acknowledge it's easier to find people naturally close to the personalities they play than to find people who can convincingly fake their personality for thousands of hours live. Going back to the previous statement of mine, that they are exaggerated and empowered forms of themselves, not fake representations, how many of us would act similar in such positions as them? Would you really not genuinely love your fans? Would you not act silly? If not, then at least can you acknowledge there are some amount of humanity which would, given such support?

What makes Hololive specifically unique is they have exceptional talent acquisition. They look for girls who do not have to fake it, but who naturally become it through the power of others.
>who do not get to receive affection from any other figure in their lives.
This is hard to disagree with as a general statement, but as a 'Semper Vera Omnium Est' it's easy to dismiss; why has story telling and literature existed in humanity's interests for so long? Because we seek others, and the truth of others. I know no one in my life who share personality and entertainment with some of the V-Tubers I know of, not that I do not love my friends!
I am sure if I did know such people my consumption would be less, but that reality is hard to achieve, and it's lack of realization is no proof of a general lack of affection.
>You can see it everywhere you look, the art, the fanfics, the schizo posts. These masks have been turned into symbols, given meaning they were never meant to have.
Their form is inherently a mask they wear, one they themselves design and fit perfectly into. The extreme nature of art, fanfiction, and schizophrenia is all perfectly natural for such displays using masks invigorated with such energy.

>> No.5652853

I ain't reading this shit but I respect your effort OP. Shame the frog is probably going to get deleted

>> No.5652901

...The fuck

>> No.5652991
File: 104 KB, 300x300, 1598948780105.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5652762
>>Vtubers serve many of the purposes that deities did in ancient times
>mfw they are actual idols

>> No.5653079

>>5652762
Excellent pasta. Is almost too creepy how much sense it makes. If you wrote it then you're a smart person that should stop wasting your high IQ on shit like this.

>> No.5653142

>>5652762
Don't conflate Shakespeare's romantic retelling of Caesar with the actual history. Brutus was a shitbag. Caesar always hated pompey. Augustus was a dictator. Trying to seperate different elements of a person in itself is gay. Brutus the human IS Brutus the Senator. In the same way Watame is watame's roommate.

>> No.5653399

>>5653142
>Caesar always hated pompey.
This is false. The man insulted the ruler of Egypt to his face upon being presented the head. Yes, Caesar may have wanted the political points and legitimacy of having spared pompey, but it was also well known that Pompey had been an excellent and loving husband.
Brutus, too, had been spared by Caesar multiple times and his mother loved Caesar. Cicero, and history, give us the tale of a man who had benefit from Caesar but chose what he viewed as virtue.
Augustus was a sensitive sickly boy who had the weight of the greater good on his shoulders. Yes, his early reign was brutal, but it was all done in the name of stability and the pax romana. The later Augustus shows us as much. His last word, "Did I play the part well?" tells us as much.

>> No.5654063

>>5653399
>This is false. The man insulted the ruler of Egypt to his face upon being presented the head. Yes, Caesar may have wanted the political points and legitimacy of having spared pompey, but it was also well known that Pompey had been an excellent and loving husband.
He did that because they killed a Roman Consul not because of any personal feelings he may of had for the man.

>Brutus, too, had been spared by Caesar multiple times and his mother loved Caesar. Cicero, and history, give us the tale of a man who had benefit from Caesar but chose what he viewed as virtue.
That's not true for all tales of Brutus. Alighieri called him a cowardly traitor who was easily manipulated. He was cast off to the bottom circle of Hell.

>> No.5654237

>>5654063
>He did that because they killed a Roman Consul not because of any personal feelings he may of had for the man.
That's Caesarian propaganda. As much as I love Caesar it's obvious Pompey was too dangerous to be left alive and Caesar loved him. Caesar, by all accounts, loved his daughter, and his daughter and Pompey were great lovers.
>>5654063
>That's not true for all tales of Brutus. Alighieri called him a cowardly traitor who was easily manipulated. He was cast off to the bottom circle of Hell.
I'm not saying I agreed with Brutus's decision, what I am saying is he did it out of some sense of principle and senatorial background, not out of personal reasons. Maximum gain would've been betraying the conspiracy and reaping the rewards.

>> No.5655830

>>5652762
>Vtubers serve many of the purposes that deities
So you think Vtubers ~ Deities. Anon, I hate to say this but you have gone to far down the deep end, get admitted to an Asylum ASAP

>> No.5661021

>>5652762
Interesting anthropological perspective.
I'm not sure what to do with it, but it is interesting.

>> No.5661142
File: 529 KB, 1080x1080, 1605563771913.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ah finally, the apotheosis thread is back. Reminder to do your Rome reps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestal_Virgin

>> No.5661354

t. hoshiyomi

>> No.5661646

>>5652762
You have to be at least 18 years old to post on this website.

>> No.5661652

>>5655830
t.didn’t read the OP

>> No.5661664

>>5652762
Well, if Vtubers are gods, then I was right. Kiryu Coco did die for our sins.

>> No.5661819

I want to be a vtuber who's premise is that he was so devoted to his oshi he gained divine powers and became a paladin and now he wants to share this power with the other gachikois by making them do their reps.

>> No.5664066

>>5652762
Actually an interesting read into a modern day phenomenon. That's a based from me, chief.

>> No.5667141

haven't read it but I wanna see more people discussing this, bait or not.
so bump

>> No.5667266
File: 140 KB, 660x994, supergod_ass_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5664066
It's just Grant Morrison's superheroes = dieities take but with vtubers. As a parody of that dumbass take though, I give it a thumbs up.

>> No.5668662
File: 133 KB, 564x865, __gawr_gura_watson_amelia_ninomae_ina_nis_and_tako_hololive_and_1_more_drawn_by_itsuki_tasuku__bc99c710dd4b9552166b01882b759756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5652762
Ok. This is exciting stuff. But jesus, couldn't you have worded that less obnoxiously and keep it simpler? Did you just copy paste a passage in your psychology thesis and sent it here?

Anyway, from my experience trying to spread this cult, and the rejections that I've come to understand, people who have no concept of imaginative illustrations of characters, and otaku culture simply cannot understand the appeal of VTubers.
Which made me wonder, has someone tried to explain scientifically what does a VTuber's mask actually filters, that made the VTuber phenomenon so appealing to fans, but confusing or even repulsive to everyone else (such as hyper normies)? Because I've tried explaining that and they still couldn't understand what good is in separating a persona from a roommate. And how far does it effects the aspects that made a streamer what they are along with the parasocial interaction they have with their audience?

/vt/, if you're interested, this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUZwrbxk3Jk should be a sufficient preface to discussing this topic.
Please pardon the dude's bashing on your oshi and him missing important details. He got converted to liking doggo in the end anyway so it's not all bad!
>Watame as example
BASED
>Yagoo actually managed to put the "idol" in an Idol Company
BASED
>>5653142
>Watame is Watame
My heart's with you anon. Whether that was a cope or not.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action