[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 164 KB, 1280x720, gfjtyj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6031927 No.6031927 [Reply] [Original]

What is the purpose of management in Hololive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebVvVIctflE

I found this video (sorry only in spanish, tried to search it in english but nothing showed up), Marine basically says that:
- She is already thinking what will she ask for when she reaches 2M subs, because if you are going to ask for anything, you have to do it 3 months on anticipation.
-If you don´t ask for anything or if you ask it to close to the date, you won't get anything.
-Hololive won't talk with the talents about upcoming events and if they want to do something on that date, it´s up to the members to be aware of the events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).
-Even if you ask for something, it might get stuck so the member has to remind management about the thing that was asked for to know if it's progressing or not.

I understand the 3 months it's because of the artist but the managers should be the ones in charge of notifying and giving proposals when an important event is approaching. This reminds me to when Matsuri was talking about that the talents have to pay for everything in their original songs and she thought that it was something that you earned and not something that you have to take care on your own.

>> No.6031955

>>6031927
(You)
Happy?

>> No.6031964

Assisting the talents in their projects or tardwrangling depending on the cases

>> No.6032003

Dios mio! La capitana...

>> No.6032028

There is no point to management in any creative career. You will always be your own manager.

>> No.6032073

>>6031964
so then why is Senchou saying she has to tardwrangle her own manager

>> No.6032121

>>6031927
she is the co-owner of hololive she can break these rules anytime because she is ikue otani

>> No.6032251
File: 3.17 MB, 3035x2004, 1618416342805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6032073
Her manager is very clumsy but also very cute and passionate according to Marine, that's why she's attached to her and requested her to stay her manager even though cover staff wanted to assign another manager to her

>> No.6032329

>>6032028
So just like an indie Vtuber

>> No.6033071

>>6032121
Now this is an electric rrat

>> No.6033526

>>6032073
Because hololive managers are incompetent and have no idea what they're doing

>> No.6033714

>>6031927
If talents complain about management on stream it's always 5 times worse than what they're saying

>> No.6034170

>>6031927
No idea

>> No.6034254

>>6033071
It's an extremely retarded rrat posted by the same schizo for months.

>> No.6034319

>>6031927
Japan is like 60% autistic and has a fetish for both hierarchies and useless old people.

>> No.6034349

>>6032028
that's how i know you've never created anything

>> No.6034389

>>6031927
the fuck are you talking about you utter autist. nothing wrong with it. niji is much more self-employment-like

covers management sucks but you eops and chink insects just want to blame everything on it

>> No.6034773

>>6033714
But schizos always react as if it's 10 times worse than what they're saying, so really we still need a 50% reduction in rrat consumption.

>> No.6035497

>>6031927
>it´s up to the members to be aware of the events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.).
I fucking hope they themselves know when those are.

Otherwise yeah, it doesn't really sound good that you need to remind your manager what the hell you are going to do so it's done in time

>> No.6035675

>>6031927
small indie company prease understan!!

>> No.6036051

>>6033526
Depends on the manager. Noefure manager is apparently really good.

>> No.6036111

>>6031927
>What is the purpose of management in Hololive?
Same as the purpose of the board of directors and people who control the management; fucking nothing. They don't know the medium or the audience at all, they just desperately try to cram them into the same box as they do idols and hope it works out so they all keep their positions.
If the company isn't giving you shit and planning you shit in conjunction with you, then they should also not have any control over your content or what you do with your own arrangements. It's that simple. They should be coming to you with suggestions and ideas and back and forths - what do you wanna do for 2m, what do you wanna do for x/y/z, would you like to collab with x/y/z and arrange some shit seeing as we have this entire community under our banner and should be striving to make use of it whenever you want. Having them have to do all their own work, ideas, outreach, constantly pester you so you fucking remember cause corps are braindead, and then still having them be able to tell you "no you can't do this collab, you can't talk to this person, you can't x/y/z" is flat out bullshit.

>> No.6036656

>>6031927
They don't want another Taiwan situation, ignoring the fact Taiwain was their fault to being with for even entering the Chinese market.
Because they didn't think 'Maybe we should have some morals instead of zero' they created their middle management mess that only makes things worse.
That's why I never support sponsors and shit, it's just more politics.

>> No.6042952

>>6032003
bien dicho marinero

>> No.6051719

>>6031927
Firing people who question glorious China yes.

>> No.6056935

>>6036111
That's the problem here. There's a trade-off Hololive has been forced into, where talents sacrifice and compromise on creative control in return for restrictions. But if restrictions are too onerous and support insufficient to compensate, eventually talents will walk. The failure point of every Vtuber agency has been talent walk outs so far, and Cover's management behaves as if they are somehow different.

>> No.6057216

Something like reminding about events is getting to close to nannying instead of management. It's always good to learn how to use a calendar yourself.

>> No.6057492

The main purpose of management is because copyright laws in Japan were made in the year 3,000 BC and have never been updated. This bleeds into everything a little bit. Are you a hololive talent hitting a milestone? Want a new costume? Sure! We just have to check that no aspect of your costume has anything in common with any copyrighted thing. Oh you wanted this alternate pirate costume that has a green feather on the hat? Nope, a character in a movie in 1987 had a green feather on his hat so you can't have a feather. Redo the entire concept.

However bad you think copyright laws are for them, it's ten times worse.

If Cover Corp invested in a physical north america location and migrated all EN activities to be 'based' there you would already see a massive improvement in the management situation.

>> No.6057655

>>6057492
All other agencies don't seem to have these issues

>> No.6057770

>>6031927
Management prevents an an arms race of boundary pushing and lewdity.

Everyone in Hololive wants to push boundaries, and be the more "extreme" girl. Coco, Marine, Pekora, and a few viral clips from Matsuri and Miko. Nobody wants to be the boring pure girl. But if management just lets them do what they want, pretty soon it ends up like the worst western/indie/Vshojo streams- nothing but poopoo peepee sex jokes all the time. management keeps them grounded, and forces them to actually be creative, and makes it a lot more shocking when they actually "get away with something".

for example, why is it so funny when Coco says "mother fuckers"? She didn't invent that word. We've all heard it before, many times. It's only funny because it contrasts to the rest of Hololive.

>> No.6057993

>>6031927

here's my hot take on it. Yagoo comes from a tech background and is a literal god tier talent scout, but that's where his abilities end. So to build up his company here comes him hiring all kinds of white collar traditional japanese businessmen to manage this and that.

So he goes and finds a talent. someone needs to manage her to guide her, someone needs to make sure she doesn't do anything that gets their company in legal trouble. All the sudden he's hiring people to do these jobs. Now multiply that by the amount of talents they have. I would not at all be surprised if the inside of cover corp offices were over the top loaded with hundreds of people doing the job of 10 and it causing all sorts of unnecessary delays and mixups.

>> No.6058490

>>6057993
Not really a hot take because it's probably close to the truth. Probably not hundreds of people though, they're still really small. Maybe dozens. People also don't realize that talent managers are closer to being personal assistants than being actual managers with real power, and that each talent has different managers. Other girls do talk about how their managers will suggest what they should do for anniversaries, celebration and merch, and help them move it along. If Marine's doesn't it's on her manager, and if she has an issue with it she's free to request to change her manager. The other girls have done it successfully when they felt they didn't work well with their managers.

But I guess it's easy for people like OP to see it as a company-wide issue when they're clip-watchers who don't understand Japanese.

>> No.6058916

>>6058490
>People also don't realize that talent managers are closer to being personal assistants than being actual managers with real power
I don't think that's true. Sure, they're not high level executives. But they do seem to have the power to veto any stream for any reason.

>> No.6059750

>>6058916
I guess there's that case with Haachama where her manager stopped her from doing the soap bubble Ringfit.
Still, it's hard to tell whether it's lower management or upper management vetoing streams unless the talents specify. A recent example would be NKODICE which turned out to be a upper management directive. Whenever I hear of the talents' managers disapproving of something it's usually been coached as a suggestion, more of "you shouldn't stream this" instead of "you cannot".

>> No.6060264

>>6059750
off the top of my head, things that management stopped:
> haachama's dark schizo stuff
> pekora wanted to do some sort of giveaway
> coco collabing with EN girls, or a lot of stuff from her
> almost banned calli's TTRPG project (it was a last second change to allow it)
And those are just ones we've heard of that I remember. Cover is still small, there can't be *that* many levels of management right? It's probably just Yagoo -> A-chan -> Maybe a few others -> Mchan, Enma, Jchad, etc
> Whenever I hear of the talents' managers disapproving of something it's usually been coached as a suggestion, more of "you shouldn't stream this" instead of "you cannot".
I think that's just how Japanese corporations phrase things. Otherwise Coco wouldn't be graduating.

>> No.6060759

>>6060264
The EN stuff was EN management but I'm pretty sure the TTRPG project was a last second change due to miscommunication between the talent manager and the upper management, the talent managers had okayed it but upper management wanted to check permissions.

As for Haachama and Pekora, they said 運営 aka management in those two cases, while when talking about their personal managers they would use the term "manager". That's why I said it's not very clear where the veto is coming from unless it's specified, and when they actually say it's the manager they speak differently. "Management" has the final word while "managers" tend to suggest rather than dictate.

>> No.6061435

Don't forget that the talents have to pay for the MV and recording sessions themselves for all their songs, which is why Gura's song doesn't have an MV but all of Kiara's do.

>> No.6061766

>>6059750
At least for HoloEN it's pretty much known that their personal managers are very supportive of their creative ideas which then die at upper management.

>> No.6063189

>>6057770
Haachama...

>> No.6064430

>>6060759
I'm curious that Cover actually have COO because COO usually who handles daily works unlike CEO who decide big decisions

>> No.6064696

>>6061435
yeah, like in every chuuba company

>> No.6064823

>>6060759
TTRPG had been cancelled because Mori had no idea she needed Paradox's permission

>> No.6066854
File: 53 KB, 567x417, 53283578476346346.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6057993
he doesn't work that much with the girls hence why he also getting censored by management according to coco yagoo post-interview.

>> No.6066927

>>6031927
When you grow up you'll realize that's all middle management. Guess what, nobody in the world has any idea what the fuck they're doing and 90% of all businesses are made up of people who just half ass whatever they do. The people who rise to middle management are better at pretending they know what they're doing but in reality they're as lost as anyone else.

>> No.6067304

>>6031927
>This reminds me to when Matsuri was talking about that the talents have to pay for everything in their original songs and she thought that it was something that you earned and not something that you have to take care on your own.

record labels trap artists by paying for all the production costs. I see it positively, since cover didnt invest any/much resources into it they probably have a rvenue sharing agreement about songs (and everything else) much like an agency's cut.

>> No.6067593

>>6058916
thats because they are corporate slaves assigned to take care of their assigned talent. they still have to toe the company line. thhey dont have any independant decision making ability for anything that actually matters to the company.

irl the managers act as literal drivers for their talent, and like someone entioned their basicalls PAs except both the talent and PA work for the same company

>> No.6067640

>>6066854
>October 2019
So this man's fault?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/%E8%AB%92%E5%B9%B3-%E6%9D%BE%E7%94%B0-aa234a201

>> No.6067672

>>6064823
>TTRPG had been cancelled because Mori had no idea she needed Paradox's permission
she didnt need their permission, just had to put up a dark pack logo somewhere on the screen (which you would know if you actually read the TnC she links to in the description)

>> No.6067849

>>6057492
It sure is a good thing Hololive management have been doing their jobs with copyright issues and never pissed off a company like Capcom or something.

>> No.6069570

>>6034349
Have you created anything?

>> No.6070211

>>6060264
here's how it works in hololive
talent proposes project
talent manager takes it to the board
the board sends it to the compliance committee
committee sends it to permissions section
permissions section sends it back to the manager who gives the green light to talent

projects can get denied at any level up that chain, or more often they just never get a reply and have to keep asking about it
the compliance committee is what's really fucking everything up because they have to unanimously agree to things, if even one of them says it's NG, it doesnt go ahead

>> No.6070268

>>6067672
>she didnt need their permission
Japanese companies need written permission to be able to stream IP belonging to another company regardless of what policies that company might have about how their work can be streamed. So yes she did need the permission which is why it almost got cancelled when Hololive management realized they didn't have the permissions to do it.

>> No.6071770

>>6057492
>The main purpose of management is because copyright laws in Japan were made in the year 3,000 BC and have never been updated.
>If Cover Corp invested in a physical north america location and migrated all EN activities to be 'based' there you would already see a massive improvement in the management situation.
The way copyright law works is fairly standardized worldwide. Streaming a video game without a license is copyright infringement no matter where the game is made. Copyright laws are based where the work was copyrighted and not where you currently reside. Yes this means even if your false belief of Japanese copyright law being archaic compared to America you can just use works created in America to avoid Japanese copyright law

>> No.6074370

I don't knwo Spanish and I don't trust OP

>> No.6076735

>>6064696
It doesn't matter if it's that way in every company, it's still dogshit and terrible. They're your talent, this shit they do is making you money and building your brand, for big things like that *you* should be footing the bill and helping make it happen. Fuck corps who just want to sit on their ass, do basically fuckall and yoink a percentage from you.

>> No.6077249

>>6031927
>Management actually makes them do some fucking work as opposed to just streaming a couple hours a day
>They don't become entitled little shits who receive massive stacks of cash for doing basically nothing like normal celebrities.
Frankly, I see it as an absolute win. Let management handle Japan's mindnumbing legal system while the talents actually... handle their business.

>> No.6077309

>>6077249
Yeah this, thank you manager-san

>> No.6080438

>>6076735
thats how it is retard, dont like it? then create your own company and pay for everything

>> No.6080614

>>6033714
Schizo.
>>6034773
Need a 100% reduction in rrat faggotry.

>> No.6081248

>>6080614
Feel free to give him an argument rather than just spamming buzzwords like "schizo".

>> No.6083704

>>6070268
No, they do not. That is entirely managements autism and rrats. A public contract specifying an IP gives permission for its use is entirely sufficient even with JPs caveman tier copyright system.

The only significant difference between US and JP copyright is the lack of stuff like fair use, which is irrelevant when the company explicitly gives permission for its use.

>> No.6084028

>>6031927
Now imagine the opposite of the current situation
>It's this member birthday, you have to do this and this
>You are reaching a milestone, we have planned a stream, here is your script
This would be the same as publisher suits telling devs or musicians how to make games or music. Nothing good ever comes from this. "The lack of management" IS the creative freedom.

>> No.6084145

>>6084028
Instead of "you have to" they could literally just have suggestions and ideas and do the organisation if the talent says yes. Y'know, like do an actual job. Of course if they want to do nothing they should be able to do nothing for an event or turn down a collab. The lack of management isn't creative freedom because as we've seen they constantly shut down your creative freedom at like 10 different stages

>> No.6085279

>>6059750
>I guess there's that case with Haachama where her manager stopped her from doing the soap bubble Ringfit.
Just so its clear, that was because there was an actual danger of injury and seems more than reasonable.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action