Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 3.94 MB, 2500x2600, 8923bb48854359cf5eb8a359e4c23276.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
7440020 No.7440020 [Reply] [Original]

It's been a year and HoloEN still brutally mogs every other english vtuber out there. It seems the english vtuber scene is filled with nothing but ironic weebs or opportunists who are only in it for the money.
How did cover manage to find once in a lifetime talents like these 6 that are not only incredibly talented but represents the peak of the industry all featuring various niches and personalities that work so well together?

>> No.7440072

>>7440020
Japanese penises are precision instruments, small but accurate, humble yet turgid.

>> No.7442567

>>7440020
Everyone else in the en vtuber sphere either a) tries to ape hololive, and just like the wowkillers of old found out, you cannot dethrone the original by being that but with x, or b) are the kind of retards who get into public shouting matches on twitter about whatever petty drama that's going on that week because they don't understand that they are content creators providing entertainment and not Edward Snowden blowing the whistle on the NSA

>> No.7443096

because the girls were unironic fans and appreciated the job and what it entails, showed tact and an ability to be professional, and were diverse enough in personalities to cater to different strokes for different folks

each girl is very positive, despite each one different from the next, and also adoring in their own ways.

lore and designs are also top-notch and fit each really wel

>> No.7443137

>>7440020
>These 6
>IRyS
I thought she's a failure

>> No.7443292

>>7443137
you know better than to listen to retards on this board.
IRyS is a fine addition to EN, considering her roomate is infamous, and this board should count its blessings we ever landed her as a EN Singer.

Criticism of her is overblown, they havent seen her powerlevel, her voice can sing anime OPs, and has great control

>> No.7443486
File: 335 KB, 2220x1440, 1613442889083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>7440020
>mori
opportunist only in it for the money
>ame
ironic weeb
>gura
mega ironic weeb
Kiara and Ina are fine. no idea who that is in the middle

>> No.7448611

Gen2 will be so good

>> No.7448657

>>7443137
Irys is literally the best HoloEN

>> No.7448677

>>7440020
>personalities that work so well together
I like holoEN individually but jesus their chemistry is atrocious

>> No.7448689

>>7443096
>unironic fans
>appreciated the job
>mori calliope
lol

>> No.7448692

It doesn't help NijIEN bombed both times they "Launched"

>> No.7448697

>>7448689
>>7443486
Cracking.

>> No.7448811
File: 24 KB, 448x448, bahroo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>7440020
But Bahroo gets better numbers than half of them.

>> No.7448880

>>7440020
>incredibly talented but represents the peak of the industry all featuring various niches and personalities that work so well together?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.7448921

>>7448657
This. After her, Ame or Ina.

>> No.7448923
File: 144 KB, 379x382, 1626563217891 (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>7448880

>> No.7448945

>>7440020
>>7448880
NijiEN.

>> No.7448970

>>7443137
>failure
Even if you exclude the $24k she made in her superchat debut she's pulling in $1200 a week after cuts & taxes. For a 3 week old account that is a success.

>> No.7449008

>>7448880
Based

>> No.7449123

>>7440020
This is HoloEN's greatest downside, and is the one thing almost every other EN vtuber group does better. Outside of a couple of pairings, HoloEN has awful camaraderie as a whole.

>> No.7452296

>>7440020
This is a joke, right?

>> No.7452309

>>7449123
blame Mori

all the other girls get along fine

>> No.7452462

>>7440020
What's Iyris doing there? She contributed nothing to their rise as a group. If anything she just came in and benefited from the hard work of everyone else to get a following that she couldn't even maintain on her own.

>> No.7453188

>>7448677
I actually think they compliment each other very well and that is part of why this Gen was so successful.

>Mori
Often plays the role of big sister. Acts serious and tough but she's actually an adorable goofball inside. Can sing and draw.

>Gura
The cute one, and the counterbalance to Mori. Extremely memeable. Can sing.

>Kiara
The loud and cheerful one. Arguably has the most direct engagement with her fanbase. Can sing and draw.

>Ina
The counterpart to Kiara. The comfy artistic one. Extremely talented and can draw really well.

>Ame
The wildcard. Always pushing the boundaries of what current stream technology can do. Cannot sign or draw but finds other fresh and innovative ways to entertain.

>> No.7453615

>>7452462
Truth

>>7452309
Lies

>> No.7453880

>>7453188
chemistry and complementing each others talents are different things. They complement each other very well but at least the collabs I've seen are often kinda cringe or take a long time to pick up speed

>> No.7454114

Because they didn't apply to get the epic 1M subs channels. Any gen subsequent to that has applied with Myth's success in mind.

>> No.7454320

>>7453880
depends on which collabs you're watching
AmeSame hit it off instantly

Any collab with Mori will be shit though

>> No.7454506

>>7454320
AmeSame is known, right. But Sharkie is usually a self conscious recluse and Ame admitted she'd rather watch groups. Mori is autistic and starts bending over or yell random shit, Kiara talks over collabo partners.
The most comfy collabo must indeed be Ina. She's got situational wit, actually listens and gets over her anxiety really well.

>> No.7454654

>>7440020
HoloEN as a group is incredibly overrated.
Mori is cringe and feels like she doesn't want to do this half of the time.
I gave Kiara tons of chances and on paper I should be able to like her but I can't.
Gura filters me when she gets stressed/depressed often
n****** deserved better than that kuso model Redjuice gave her.
I watch almost every Ina stream and Ame when she is not playing Mario kusoge or being moody/self sabotaging.
Group collabs between them suck half of the time.
Not to mention that I feel that Cover doesn't give that much of a fuck about their EN branch and almost makes me think we won't get events like 3D or EN2 ever. And at this pace the EN girls won't even appear on Holofes. It almost makes me sad since they were so into the idol dream when they watched Bloom and Holofes and were saying things like: "Hopefully, next year we can stand on a stage too"

>> No.7454664

>>7440020
>>7454114
This is something I want to see actually. After one or two more gens will Cover be able to avoid the trendhoppers and clout chasers anymore? Myth had the responsibility of being the flagship gen but everyone after them is getting some real benefits from what they did:
>400K subs before you even debut
>50-60K+ live viewers for your debut
>1 mil on your debut VOD
>10-15K on your subsequent streams

The first set of girls had to work a bit themselves to get this kind of reputation and audience but in the following gens you might get 1 or 2 of the 5 that have any interest in pushing themselves and making their own imprint on HoloEN. We'll get meh-tier girls that phone it in once they get into Hololive because they already made it and Cover won't care. We already see this on the JP side in some of the later gens.

>> No.7458569

>>7448811
you forgot Soda with his "debut", 25k concurrent viewers and better model/tracking than all EN Holos will ever get during their careers

>> No.7459706

>>7440020
The real answer is because cover actually has a proper screening and interviewing process that hack creators get naturally filtered by
That's why they have only expanded by 1 after a year of good returns because they filter so many potentials who cant be business professional during the process

>> No.7475814

>>7440020
Something that rarely get mentioned is how distinct each of their voices is, each is unique and easily recognizable, like the voices in an anime show.
Whenever I watch Niji, Vshojo, etc. often the voices get al blurred and I can't recognize which is which.

>> No.7477556

>>7440020
They picked based on SOVL rather than big money whores. Now that hololive, even EN, has been made a household name, that won't happen again.

>> No.7477713

>>7448880
Not an argument

>> No.7478248

>>7440020
Can they please get better tracking? The way their avatars turn when they look around looks like puppets. It's really fucking weird.

>> No.7479107

>>7454654
blame the chink flu for that anon

>> No.7479203

>HoloEN as a group is incredibly overrated.
> Mori is cringe and feels like she doesn't want to do this half of the time.
> I gave Kiara tons of chances and on paper I should be able to like her but I can't.
> Gura filters me when she gets stressed/depressed often
> n****** deserved better than that kuso model Redjuice gave her.
> I watch almost every Ina stream and Ame when she is not playing Mario kusoge or being moody/self sabotaging.
> Group collabs between them suck half of the time.
> Not to mention that I feel that Cover doesn't give that much of a fuck about their EN branch and almost makes me think we won't get events like 3D or EN2 ever. And at this pace the EN girls won't even appear on Holofes. It almost makes me sad since they were so into the idol dream when they watched Bloom and Holofes and were saying things like: "Hopefully, next year we can stand on a stage too"

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action