[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 60 KB, 739x415, images (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.8091424 [Reply] [Original]

HoloEN might not be the final nail in the coffin to Niji but you know what might be? Male vtubers.
I feel like NijiEN is pretty much united right now, just like Hololive. I wonder how long that'll last, because NijiJP is literally anything but that, the Nijis and their fans hate each other and there are Hololive spies roaming around.
Hopefully, NijiEN will not fall apart when they debut male vtuber, at least it seems like Nijisanji know that there'll be consequences if they do it poorly considering how the first 3 waves don't have any male. They could keep it that way forever if they want to do it the safe way but it's obvious that they'll never be able to beat Hololive doing that, they need something different and male is the answer, will the risk be worth it? Who knows. We all can see how much Hololive fans care about Holostars and 90% of NijiEN fans are Hololive fans.

>> No.8091828

>>8091424
Tired of Holobrony concernfagging about males in NijiEN
They've all collabed with males multiple times and made it known it'll be a repeated pattern
They've went as far as to say they'd fuck their male selves, they don't hide their sexual attraction to other males
There is no pact with unicorns being made here
The unicorns would've long since already left

>> No.8092697

ogey retard

>> No.8092896

western male vtuebrs will never get popular but anyway as a test, some of them like penguin, dragon, rose
who are fluent in japanese can have collabs with male niji jp vtubers. i dont think niji en fans complain about it.

>> No.8092953

SEA time again?

>> No.8092966

>>8091424
>United just like Hololive
I stopped right there I already know everything else is retarded.

>> No.8093211

>>8091424
what is it with these mythical male vtubers coming in and destroying everything. Is this holo or nijifags or just normal fags waiting for their time?

>> No.8093342

> NijiJP have a shit ton of JP livers
> They go out of their way to suck each other off and act like best friends

This is a problem, why?
You do know there are girls in Hololive who haven't talked with each other, or aren't that close? You'd have to be an actual retard to expect 100+ livers to all be super buddy buddy, and not come off as incredibly fake.

>> No.8093493

Niji Males are just them testing the waters to see if it works. They'll be the first bringing well-produced males into EN Vtubing and while it COULD be a game changer, at best it's a test. It costs them next to no money to experiment (trailers, modesl, rigs, bonus arts, etc) and at worst they break even or just have low profits. At best, they're a game changer.

>> No.8093507

>>8093342
>They DON'T go out of their way to suck each other off and act like best friends

Yeah, I don't proof read.

>> No.8094625

Did you know that the idea of a "Unicorn" most likely came from stories of Rhinoceroses reaching Greece through Persia and being twisted. Indeed, early descriptions of unicorns describe them as having elephant feet, donkey tails, etc., which is consistent with just that.
In fact, when Marco Polo encounter Rhinoceroses himself, he claimed that he had encountered unicorns and wrote this:
>They delight much to abide in mire and mud. 'Tis a passing ugly beast to look upon, and is not in the least like that which our stories tell of as being caught in the lap of a virgin; in fact, 'tis altogether different from what we fancied.
Point is, I think this is quite fitting for how vtuber unicorns behave. You believe yourselves to be graceful creatures, protecting the purity of virgin maidens. But the truth is obvious to everyone else forced to see you: You are brutish, ugly creatures, spending your time doing little but wallowing in filth.

>> No.8094874

>>8091424
where did this come from? why now?

>> No.8094879

>>8093342
the fuck are you even talking about. pomu is a big fan of belmond for instance, then they can have a collab. very natural. nothing is strange. niji en will get close to niji jp some time soon. its better way to develop niji en and its fanbase.

>> No.8094962

>>8091424
Since its Niji, won't NijiEN males eventually surpass the chicks? Just slap them on APEX, which might not have been as popular outside of JP but Warzone dudes are switching over so its going to get bigger.

>> No.8095123

>Niji JP have a shit ton of livers
>They don't go out of their way to suck each other off and act like best friends

This is a problem why?
You do realise there are even Hololive girls that aren't that close with each other? You'd have to be an actual retard to expect the 100+ Niji JP to all be super buddy buddy with one another, without coming off as incredibly fake.

>> No.8095391
File: 316 KB, 458x477, 1628305237987.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8091424
I know you don't watch them because NijiEN has talked to males just fine and only this schizophrenic board had a problem with it. If Anycolor does things and won't submit to 5ch schizos and /vt/ schizos then good. I hope you all start balding at age 23

>> No.8095633
File: 529 KB, 866x642, 1617660335716.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8091424
>nail in niji's coffin
uhh Pomu literally had the biggest non graduation stream ever.

>> No.8096212

>>8095633
It's koshien, it doesn't count. I guarantee that if Hololive did something similar to celebrate the collab with the pacific league they'll have as many if not more viewers

>> No.8096279

>>8096212
>it doesn't count
like a fucking outfit reveal doesn't count, Noel got 150k for an outfit. then that doesn't count.

>> No.8096311

>>8096212
Outfits getting more views than a baseball game? I don't think so.

>> No.8096513

>>8091424
>We all can see how much Hololive fans care about Holostars and 90% of NijiEN fans are Hololive fans.
this is a new pasta?

>> No.8096853

>>8091424
are you going to make this thread every day? please take your meds!

>> No.8096932

>>8094962
With how things are going I'm not sure, Anycolor played it really safe with the branch and basically made it an all female branch until next year (EN is the only branch to not debut with a male and remain that way for several waves, the exception before them being VR), so things may be pretty difficult for the guys, since they will basically be in Holostars-like situation of being males trying to fit in a girls group that have had months to bond with each other, establish, dinamics, groups, etc.
Especially since, for all that they talked about doing male collabs, they haven't really done much in regards with that and have keep them to a minimun and pretty safe and recently have started to fall into the kind of content that can attract the kind of people who won't be very accepting of males and who knows how the next female wave members will be like (ironically Finana is the one that seems the most willing to collab with males, though maybe Pomu will join that spot when she is finally freed from her job, but who knows honestly...).
Overall, I honestly can't see NijiEn being any similar to the other branches in regards to male-female interactions and dinamics, which is honestly dissapointing as fuck.

>> No.8097069

>>8096311
I'm saying if they hold a baseball tourney the same way Nijisanji is with power pros they'll do just as well, baseball is obscenely huge in Japan so it'll draw in the usual crowd and the baseball fags

>> No.8097886

>>8094962
>Since its Niji, won't NijiEN males eventually surpass the chicks?
That would definitely be the case if NijiEN fans are like NijiJP fans. But the thing is I don't think they are, look at the situation at Holopro, people only care about the girls and there are only like 100-500 weirdos that watch Holostars, if NijiEN fans are indeed 90% also Hololive fans then I think the male NijiEN will probably be in the same position as Holostars while NijiEN girls will become like Matsuri.

>> No.8098716

>>8097886
Most Holofans don't even know the Holostars exist. Blame Cover for that.
The overwhelming response to LazuLight being revealed was "Wait, no males?" to the point that I'm pretty sure they only did the male auditions at the same time as the Wave 3 ones because they realized going all female was a mistake.

>> No.8100433

>>8098716
That's the feeling the whole thing gave me too, it honestly felt like they listened to the whole "No hope for EN male Vtubers" and went safe with all females, revealed them,and proceded to have an "Oh Shit" moment when the public went "Males doko?" and hurried to announce male auditions.
Honestly, I'm kinda curious of what would have been the public's reaction if they had done some sort of convention and made the announcement live there and they saw that there would be no males in NijiEn.

>> No.8100511

>>8091424
There's absolutely zero indication that nijisanji is failing. Holobronies really are the most retarded fandom on this board. All you post is numbers, but fail to understand anything beyond "big number good, smaller numbers bad"

>> No.8100574

>>8098716
>The overwhelming response to LazuLight being revealed was "Wait, no males?"
Pretty sure this reaction was due to people expecting male talents from Niji, and that this (Male talents) will be one way for NijiEN to market themselves differently from HoloEN. And to be fair, the overwhelming response people have with Lazulight and Obsydia is that they are "HoloEN lite" which is not a good thing to be if you want to solidify yourself as a company.

>> No.8100590

I honestly hope EN follows the JP side of things. Unity is cool and all, but I'd rather have wide ranging varied content.
Plus I'd like to join as a part time streamer as well and I dont want to be forced into 24/7 streaming like the current gens seem to be.

I'm going to offpako with selen!

>> No.8100703

>>8100574
>Pretty sure this reaction was due to people expecting male talents from Niji,
Oh, definitely. But the fact that they were disappointed shows that the market for males exists in the first place. People who wanted males were upset because everyone was sure Niji would be the ones to deliver on that, and then they weren't..

>> No.8100784

>>8098716
Because in overseas Nijisanji fandom, male chuubas dominate. They're the ones getting rapid subs, liveTL (on Twitter), male oshi accounts are the ones posting tutorials for purchasing things overseas, etc.

>> No.8100888

Honestly people underestimate the amount of women into vtubing. A lot of them still watch the female streamers too, but I'd bet most of them are still on the lookout for good male streamers.
Hell most the female vtubers in the smaller companies in the west usually mention it and are blatantly desiring good male groups.

>> No.8100951

>>8100703
I can't really say that there is a market; more like people were hoping for a fairly well-known company to legitimize Male Chuubas, since most start-ups are going the Holo route of all females.

Nijisanji was supposed to be THE company that hires males, but that dropped the ball on that one.

>> No.8101325

I don't care about OP's hyperbolic take about it but I do think it's going to be awkward introducing males into the dynamic after ~1 year of both the chuubas and fans being used to it being all girls. Obviously they've already collabed with males, but Bobon showing up sometimes is different from males being part of *the* group. Even disregarding unicorn concerns there still are new boundaries that have to be set up. But that said I do just think it will cause some awkwardness at first but not a big deal.

>> No.8101372

>>8101325
If the CN branch could get away with no males for a long period of time then who cares

>> No.8101545

>>8100511
All of you are retarded.

>> No.8101620

>>8100574
>And to be fair, the overwhelming response people have with Lazulight and Obsydia is that they are "HoloEN lite" which is not a good thing to be if you want to solidify yourself as a company.
True, but it's honestly not surprising since, with how they marketed them and the decisions they took, it really make it seem like they were going for Hololite feeling, which only makes the worries about how the males will do even bigger...

>> No.8101661

i just picked up pomu. she's really cute and i love the way she she talks!

>> No.8101686

>India had a male
>he was cool
>everyone forgot In existed

>> No.8101776

>>8098716
I think another reason why we don't have males yet is simply because the talent pool is just so small.
Maybe I'm being xenophobic here but I don't think western males can quite emulate the qualities of JP talents that women fawn over.

>> No.8101967

>>8101776
I think they can, and some of the male indies (and a good amount of utaite) kind of do, but there's no big obvious choices at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the male wave went longer from auditions to debut partially so they can sort through the 2views/non-streamers looking for gold.

>> No.8102229

>>8101776
People aren't looking for them. Theres probably only one reason other males want them in niji. Same reason unicorns and gfe exist lmao

>> No.8102280

I am primarily a Hololive viewer but even I can see that Nijisanji EN is doing great and I like most of their content, but I do hope they dont drop a new wave every quarter. I think the only thing that can hurt Lazulight and Obsydia now is if they crowd their EN lineup too fast. Im down for more NijiEN but over a larger span of time. Males or females is irrelevant.

>> No.8102309

>>8101967
This is also true. Anykara probably hasn't seen a male talent that could compare to Lazulight or Obsydia, and only made a Male only Wave because too many people are complaning.

>> No.8102518

>>8101776
I mean it's not like they needed a lot to begin with, all the other branches debuted with at most one male, so...

>> No.8102680

>>8091424
Males playing FPS is bottom of the barrel as far as streaming content goes.

>> No.8103014

Even if I personally hate them I think the popularity of anitubers proves there is a large potential space for male vtubers in the west. There is a group interested in the combination of anime stuff and males, someone just needs to successfully establish that male vtubers are a good way to channel that interest.

>> No.8103221

>>8100784
True, I have actually noticed that the male livers tend to be the ones that gain more popularity over here than the female ones, and from what I have heard, in the KR and ID branches the males apparently tend to do better than girls though I'm not sure in what aspects or to what degree (or if it's even true...).

>> No.8103308

>>8102280
This is just how pushing the market is. Cover is playing the market conservatively and timid with every expansion. Anycolor is pumping the gas pedal. If one wave is success, push on.

>> No.8103426

>>8101372
Niji CN have Kouichi in the second wave and sixth wave Aza is insanely popular. Also CN doesnt really have as much gachikois as EN, because the livers cant keep their fucking mouths closed about relationships.

>> No.8103884

>>8103221
Suha is the only male that was doing well before NijiEN came out and Chiho and Gaon (sort of) started doing more EN streams. Kiru is lagging behind them all but not because he's male, but because he's boring, no offense to the guy.
As for ID I don't keep track of their numbers but the fans never had a problem with males and all the livers are friends with each other and drop in streams regularly, or do duo male female collabs. Hana is the most popular and she's a girl.

>> No.8104065

>>8103426
As EN? No, but one of Samael's reasons for graduating was because of the hate he got for saying his relationship.

>> No.8104759

>>8100888
>Hell most the female vtubers in the smaller companies in the west usually mention it and are blatantly desiring good male groups.
Now that you mention this, I remember seeing a member of KawaiiPro hanging around Bobon's chat pretty often, always found it a little curious desu, mostly because I never really noticed female indies or female members from smaller companies talking about male vtubers, then again I only look at a few so...

>> No.8106195

>>8095633
Imagine being this delusional to count a game character named "Pomu" to get 205k on a stream. You might as well say all the niji livers that played in the finals got 205k live views too.

>> No.8106247

>>8106195
Jiyu was on the team, can't believe she got 205k live views... Nijisanji KR is on the rise bros!

>> No.8106272

>>8091424
Niji fucked up already with segregating a male and female wave already. Shit just isn't the same and they're scared retards for it.

>> No.8106953

>>8106195
Massive incline for Nijisanji!

>> No.8108753

>>8106272
True, as it is, I can't see us getting anything remotively similar to what we see in the other branches in terms of male-female interactions and dinamics, especially since the current members haven't done that much to change that all things considered and if anything they may worsen things with some of the stuff they are doing and are planning to do.
And that's without taking into account what the next girls may do...

>> No.8109042

>>8108753
...Did people just forget that Nijis from other branches interact and form circles with cross-waves livers just fine? NijiEN members haven't said or done anything that indicated they'd avoid male interactions, and all that pointed to the opposite.

>> No.8109082

>>8106953
I can't believe all Nijisanji talents got 205k viewers all at the same time. Holobronies seethe and dilate.

>> No.8110052

>>8091424
Holofags in NijiEN fanbase might not watch males but I doubt that a lot of them will be turned off by collabs with males either. Someone being not interested doesn't mean they actively hate it. And then there are shades even to unicorn autism. Some female Nijisanji livers manage to have mild corn fanbase. In the end only the extremists will be filtered and with those guys it's probably for the better in the long run.
I'm not sure how well EN males themselves will do though. I watch some JP guys but I have never ever seen an EN one I would watch, at best they are inoffensive. Fujo/yumejo could be to the rescue but Americans just don't grow up surrounded by anime and manga like the Japanese so how many of them are out there in the first place? Guess we will not know until they try.

>> No.8110087

>>8110052
JP livers can get away with fujo/yumejo pandering but the fact is there are just way less of them in the West.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action